Servers Merge or Move char option

• Hello ^_^

I would open this thread even here http://board.eu.runesofmagic.g…ostID=4960370#post4960370

and asking If would be possible start to thinks about some server again, population in some server are getting low lately, especially with summer.

So my personally suggest are 2:

1. a big server merge with EN + US + FR + SP ( I dont know about german and poland servers situation)

or eventually

2. possibility to move a char in another server contacting Gm by a request via support system (maybe with a specific rule that you can do like once a year, to avoid ppl who will asks everyday and making confusion)

This is my personal idea, feel free to reply it if you agree or not and why :)

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Diogenes

Approved the thread.
  • 2. possibility to move a char in another server contacting Gm by a request via support system (maybe with a specific rule that you can do like once a year, to avoid ppl who will asks everyday and making confusion)

This was requested a lot of times. I think it is far too much work to do manually (even if it would cost like 1000 diamonds or so) and apparently, they don't want to do it automatically since they didn't offer it for the last 7 years.

Although, technically, it should be possible, just as a server merge is possible (they just copy all the characters I think).

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• roms server tools had char transfer built in for years. Don't think gameforge is using the tool anymore, but the script required would anyway still be the same. Anyway, huge agreement from my server for at least allowing char transfer. Is about time, and not many people will pay to make a new char on another server.

• and not many people will pay to make a new char on another server.

If that would be true, implementing and testing the tool would not be worth it.

If it is false and many people would use it, we have two problems

1. Too much work for the GMs / Support
    2. Low-population servers dieing very fast because everybody with diamonds / gold / good equipment / whatever would leave and the server would be basically dead with a lot of less-strong/"rich" players remain trapped on the dead server

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• and not many people will pay to make a new char on another server.

If that would be true, implementing and testing the tool would not be worth it.

If it is false and many people would use it, we have two problems

1. Too much work for the GMs / Support
    2. Low-population servers dieing very fast because everybody with diamonds / gold / good equipment / whatever would leave and the server would be basically dead with a lot of less-strong/"rich" players remain trapped on the dead server

1. dubtfull, you have an idea about how many chars are active in EN/US/FR /SP servers?

and also If one game cannot covers support with GM means he isnt interest to keep customer or offers a decent customer support.

Gameforge has volunteer GM from what I read and ofc they cant do miracle, but maybe it should hire ppl like others companies instead complain about they lack ppl for support.

Volunteer ppl cannot stay online all day like a job, they have a life and another job so they offer us what they can and this is fair and must be respected.

But at same time this Gameforge's choise cannot became the reason to damage players not offering a service.

2. actually server are going to die already cause no merge or this possibility to move:

* ppl with dias/gold/good equipment are tired to play at this condition and without improvement so are going to quit or barerly plays.

Dutbfull one person who spent years and times to made an endgame char (gear, cenedril maxed, pet, ect..) will go to make a new one, he usually quit, some friends in last year quitted and they was endgamer.

*about f2p mostly quitted already ages ago cause became almost impossible to compete with ppl who buy dias like plus +20 and others stuff, there are really few on game, and usually they buy items/item shop stuff from other ppl.

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Well imo this should be priority, would be a awesome new feature for the steam release.

I really dont think they care about it but all we can do is whine about this over and over again.

• Novar

Closed the thread.