Critical error or CRASH

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Affected Class/Skill/Quest/Festival/Other:warden/scout

Description:Frontline camp or Varanas

Server:Catch'up

Version:

HI!

I have always the same problem. Whan I use a Teleport to travel Varanas or Xaveria anywhere my game got a crash and the game is frozen.

I tried to change the video settings, try to uninstall the addons but nothings happened.

I played 5 years long that game and the reason what I uninstall was the CRASHED GAME.

till 11 years ago the supporters the developers didnt do anything.

Pls help me.

||

• Please try verifying your game installation first.

Furthermore, please tell us if the game crashes happen

- while teleporting in other zones

- on other servers (if you've got another toon)

- right after you log in to the game

too.

• HI Korin!

So

1st. I played on the new Catch Up server.

When I use the teleport anywhere (just like Varanas, Heffner Camp, Frontline Camp) Iport to the target area but when I try to move after (after 5-10 sec) my game crashed.

I used addons (10-12)

I tried to erased them.

Yesterday I switched from full screen mode to window mode and the game crashed less time.

My system is

Win 10 pro 64bit

I3 7100 proc

8Gb DDr 4

240 Gb main ssd

• the problem can be in video settings, make like this and try to play https://ibb.co/qpwBFkH

newbie w/m 8)

• Not sure if this is your case, but teleporting around different zones causes RoM to crash. On some video settings (lower) and on some computers (older, for some surprising reason) it happens less often.

• Hello,

Try with a 2GB of RAM only PC ...

Or if someone can explain how to limit the ammount of RAM used by the Client.exe process @ 1.5GB on Win10

I'd like to test it !

• what works for me is use less Addons, they will make your game crash more often (I have like 2 Addons total).
    Graphic Setting i use is everything Low except character detail and texture max, view distance 15%. disable bloom and player character effects.

• the graphics engine is old and does not support the new generations, the gm always give the usual answers: check the game, remove the addons, set the settings to 0 when the real problem lies in something that we cannot manage ..... in definitely change the game

• Player Quest-

Has anyone ever found any setup with any OS that can run the game on max detail without crashing?
    I'm currently the most stable I've ever had it surprisingly since win10 with an old phenom II x6 and gtx660. Can actually play on pretty high detail without crashing for a while now. Maybe dx12 has something to do with it idk

I've wondered if we got the same hardware the developer was using maybe we wouldn't get such bad memory leaks lol