Crossing the Mountain Path: again a progress quests requiring an instance?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • so are deliberately grinding the player base down to nothing

no idea what their motives are. but this is what happened they managed to wipe out the most longest playing players that been loyal for this game some even 11 years

only thing that comes in mind is that with the old gone maybe new comes and they might spend more euros on the game

SoVvjsU.png

• With old players gone, the steady diamond buyers are gone. Some of them only bought in small amounts, but every little bit helps. GF cannot spend more Euros if they lose income.

• I am just waiting for the news for when they will close this game since they aren't interested in making changes or fixing anything.

If they are smart they would see that they will have new nobs buying Dias temporarily due to covid 19 as more people are free and

have nothing else to do, but it will all stop soon and nobforge failed to take advantage of it or even put effort to increase the player-base.

So now just waiting when they can shut the game down. do we have any deadlines for it maybe?

• I've been invested in 5 different MMOs that shut down and only 1 of them had the balls to announce it's closure well in advance and host events.

New Dawn was the worst/weirdest with sub fees just stopped charging and 0 communication for a solid year but the server was still online... for free? Then it just went offline randomly one day. No message, no forum post, nothing. The die hard players dug up business records and found they didn't pay their taxes and had the business liquidated from underneath them... There was people willing to donate to keep the server going but they weren't even accepting sub fee's it was the craziest thing.

If/when this server goes down I hope we get a heads up to use all our stocked up eggrice and junk

• What exactly is the Leyla Peak quest for?

It starts you on the path to the peak levels. It gives you Peak level 1. It no longer requires that you run instances. You can now do "Peak hunt" quests obtainable from the mystery hermit on the hill outside Logar, then trade the fragments for the 3 items.

• i have feeling they trying to shutdown game. wish they would have balls and actually say it so we dont have to grind this stupid peak lvl to be able to do 1 instance, which fact by itself is ridiculous.

just tell us you planing to close game instead of constant silence, i haven't seen 1 single post in forum by GM or GA saying anything or even the slightest attempt to communicate with player base.

saddest part is how little they care and still expect for ppls to spend money :D

not sure should i laugh or cry after so many years invested in this game and so many friends lost due to lack of care by gameforge and runewaker.

P.S. SW is still in beta version lol since game started :D

• just tell us you planing to close game instead of constant silence, i haven't seen 1 single post in forum by GM or GA saying anything or even the slightest attempt to communicate with player base.

even CoMa's don't communicate with players

• i have feeling they trying to shutdown game. wish they would have balls and actually say it so we dont have to grind this stupid peak lvl to be able to do 1 instance, which fact by itself is ridiculous.

Well, they've painted themselves into a corner. Any new player joining in a year or two would first have to complete the peak level grind in order to be useful in Pantheon or subsequent instances. Which basically means there won't be any new players, just some veterans slowly disappearing over time. I doubt we'll even see another zone, they'll just leave the servers up as is as long as the cash shop provides enough revenue.

• Peak xp orbs didnt help they take FAR too long to grind for.
    reducing peak xp required by 50% also didn't help; it would still take over 17 years of dailies to hit peak 10, and thats IF peak xp for every level was stagnant at 65.25million per level (but it isnt, it is increasing)

TOS 4th boss is still glitchy as everything, from the boss dissapearing, to randomly going immune and also teleporting players beneath the boss room.

New Pantheon has been out since christmas and normal mode isn't even runnable.
    Theres more i could go into, but ill spare it because we haven't heard a damn thing about ANY of it months.
    Its obvious they dont care
    Its obvious nothing will change

Ill spare my mental and my fingers by ending this here.
    Its actually hopeless.

• Players on Aeterna have reached Peak5. Not me, because I don't run instances very often. If you are a raid group addict, the points add up pretty fast.

Raid groups only slow grinding down

Even with only 6 people in hard mode you're getting MAYBE 600xp/kill fully buffed.

the points dont add up all from raiding.
    Just because 2 players have peak 5 happen to have peak doesnt mean anything

Heck, one of em already quit and went to a private server. :/:/

• Players on Aeterna have reached Peak5. Not me, because I don't run instances very often. If you are a raid group addict, the points add up pretty fast.

Definitely not from raiding with other people. More then just losing mass exp for having multiple people in party(if people aren't buffed over 500% exp there's actually a net loss of exp in the party), if your actually raiding and using damage buffs you don't have room to buff exp at the same time. Hell when I'm buffed I can't even use all the regular food or a single burn, Panth norm exp farming will be interesting picking what buffs to use.

most the high peak people currently have bought that level with daily tickets unfortunately.

• most the high peak people currently have bought that level with daily tickets unfortunately.

Sadly whether its true or not, dailies are still slower then Grinding.

Grinding is faster then dailies since the fastest daily gives 6.3k/turn in (63k/day)

Whilst the Highest XP gives 8.6k/turn in. (86k/day)
    Getting even 2k XP/kill means 43 mobs is your entire set of dailies.

43 mobs is 2 TOS runs, running TOS VERY SLOWLY still only takes 2.5minutes.
    so 5 minutes (if your slow) is faster and cheaper then resets.

Even if you get 2.5X the xp from pots/zodiacs you still only getting 215k per set of dailies....

if people grind at a regular speed of like 1TOS run/minute or minute and a half grinding is still damn near faster...

but not like it matters who did what or how people are getting peak
    by the time there enough people at a high enough peak to run Pantheon this game will be shut down.

I hate being this pessimistic but... really? any engagement/information coming out has nothing to do with peak and even new players are starting to see why thats an issue...

Idk why im still typing, the horse is dead, and we cant bring it back, no matter how much we keep beating it.

• most the high peak people currently have bought that level with daily tickets unfortunately.

Let's think about that. There are daily quests with 1million XP per turn in. Not fast ones, but they are there. That's 10million per day. At first that looks like 65 repeat tickets to reach peak2, but 65million xp is only 650k peak points. That means 6500 repeat tickets. House buffs, gear rune buffs and most experience potion buffs only help in combat, not quest turn-ins. Only the dual-function potions help with quest xp. So, even if you had a TON of dual-function potions, the best you could do is cut that by a third, so you are looking at more than 4300 daily reset tickets for peak2 alone. People at peak5 didn't do it with daily resets. Some of them may have quit questing at level 100 and saved the last 3 or 4 zones waiting for 101. Those people could then continue questing. That makes way more sense than dailies, but the instance grind is still the best option for the rest of us.

LOL good joke, maybe 1 or 2 that got no real life outside gaming reached peak 5 not all the other players. "Points add up pretty fast in raid" you

must be having 10000 % personal XP event if they add up pretty fast for you, cause it doesn't do for other people. Wait when peak 20 comes

you will be grinding your life away to reach that.

• House buffs, gear rune buffs and most experience potion buffs only help in combat, not quest turn-ins. Only the dual-function potions help with quest xp.

There's also fountain buff, HoE buff(have to lucky AF to have these align), Zodiac pet, exp events, humanitarian buff and I'm pretty sure I'm still forgetting something.
    You would be really dumb to use lots of tickets and not get most of these buffs or not on an exp event.

Some people actually have literally daily spammed most of this garbage, not everyone is/has a champion.
    Obviously I don't think anyone should do this as I wrote a whole exp guide on here

• i really wish for once gameforge would start comunicate with players, i havent seen any GM events for ages. NOT ONE SINGLE INFORMATION IS COMING FROM GAMEFORGE.

but hey maybe im living in diferent dimension when ask for simple comunication and dedication from them, they made huge mistake with introducing peak system and me personaly wont bother to lvl it just be able to farm 1 instance,

I find it ridiculous that peak farming is mandatory to farm intance when xp ratio is 1/100. i dont even know what they were thinking lol, only handfull of ppls will actualy bother to spend endless hours of grinding.

Not sure why im even writing when there is zero indication from gameforrge that they care, im still statting that they are planing to shutdown game and would like to see any word from GM to disprove it. i actually challenge them to come forth or they are to scared to even write replies anymore :D

• Remember the weekly comic books they used to do?

Remember the weekly podcasts they used to do?

Remember frogster america when they ran things? ( yea, everyone has issues, but not like today's!)

Remember events with gms every month?

Remember asking for a GM in world? And actually getting a response?

Remember when the GMS and Coma's didnt shut down every single thread that actually was interesting?

Remember when weekend item shop specials... were actually different every week... and sometimes they were great, and sometimes they sucked, but it still made you sign in every single friday.... JUST to see what the weekend specials were....

AND, if it was a good sale, youd spend the majority of the weekend, either making new gear...stats, farming, buying diamonds, whatever, it motivated you to get things done.

(I also remember when diamonds were 8k per too lol.)

Remember when you could farm mems for good stats... or accessory/capes. (healers still can ofc)

Remember EOJ farming in Tergothen bay fighting the entire server at times?

Remember when honor points weren't capped at 25k and had no cap?

Remember clearing endgame instance... when they first came out?

Remember when the Toni/Morrok storyline used to be interesting and engaging enough to keep you questing, as you actually enjoyed the story?

All things that made thousands upon thousands of people fall in love with this game that are lost nowadays.

Sadly, maybe half of y'all might remember half of these.

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.