Crossing the Mountain Path: again a progress quests requiring an instance?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • "easy" instance no problem too till need many many run for hd set even weapon for some class whit decent dura ......and alot stat farm !

me option till 6month gone doesent matter anymore how hard instance or nope when is will be finaly fix it...

better RW focus much more on next instance instead of this curent closed one

• If Rasta idea is not possible (after all it is a quite difficult idea to implement) an alternative idea could be to build a kind of golden wheel on Varanas so our characters could gain XP while running in this wheel like hamsters...

Obviously to determine the amont of XP that each wheel round will give to our characters, GF should quickly name a working group and start a discussion about all this...

Conscious that this kind of development may be an heavy invest for the enterprise, you may amortize it selling some " hamster golden wheel extra XP per wheel round ticket " in the shop...

No need thanks me for the idea... you're welcome.

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• I'm going to throw out a bit of a controversial opinion here-

I just got peak last week coming back to game and I measured about 9m xp/h in IBP no house bonus during 2x exp.
    That's peak level 2 in under 15hours at that rate. Granted that's 2x exp and zodiacs etc but there's actually lots of buffs I don't have like bigos/choccake/Gmelon etc.

That's still a hell of a grind but not this months and months and months just for 2 that people keep saying.

The peak level system IS broken currently and everyone has the right to be mad the instance is closed and everything. The current peak quests are also ridiculous from just kill 1 lv3 bear to do ST/ToS normal...
    But I actually like the base idea behind peak of having a longterm endgame that's not gear/money based for a change. You could just buy stacks of daily tickets but I think I may farm faster for free lol

How many patches do you guys keep wanting to just max level within an hour then only have 1 relevant instance to run over and over and over again till next patch to do the same? They screwed up but I'm happy they're changing it up.

• Problem is not entirely the XP required(which is ridiculous, especially if you play a tank & healer who have no option to solo farm BROKEN easy mode instances for Hardmode xp/tp rates)

Should runewaker decide to fix these then there is no real "viable" way to level the peak system for any class. The real problem here is that they managed to release an instance that is NOT scaled to the current level cap, for the first time in roms history. The level cap is entirely redundant if you cannot even do the instance. Not to mention that if level 5 isnt even enough for the new instance(let alone the level 118 wb) what level is it designed for? considering peak system caps to level 20, are you really scaling instances to require 50% of the current levels coded for 1 increase? Seems rather silly to me.

Players found a way to farm the new instance - not using bugs or exploits, using game mechanics. The fact it took you 6 months to close the new instance is honestly a joke considering it was known for months that warden pets can hit the bosses, and if you plan to fix warden pets(which they'll probably end up 10x more broken then before) then you may as well ask runewaker to remove the entire "ignore hit chance" factor from every single skill, since it effects far more things then just new instance.

Is a level 50 champ suiciding off a cliff in siege and using rune draw on a level 100 player an exploit? Simply because this skill ignores hit chance, or shadow prison or all these other skills.

• agree with every word Cenre

The real problem here is that they managed to release an instance that is NOT scaled to the current level cap, for the first time in roms history.

it's very important, probably their idea is to change the usual sistem... to a worse thing. So sad and seems like a big mistake (again)

• I just got peak last week coming back to game and I measured about 9m xp/h in IBP no house bonus during 2x exp.
    That's peak level 2 in under 15hours at that rate. Granted that's 2x exp and zodiacs etc but there's actually lots of buffs I don't have like bigos/choccake/Gmelon etc.

That's still a hell of a grind but not this months and months and months just for 2 that people keep saying.

But you can be full buffed only for 3 hours per day, so it's 5 days on full buff on 2x exp and it's only level 2. Imagine that they closed pantheon, because it was designed to be doable on peak levels that are not avaible yet. I'm guessing that peak level 15 would allow to do pantheon HM, so it's like 225 hours full buffed on 2x exp just to be able to do new ini. Let's assume you can be full buffed 8h per day on 2xexp. That's 28 days (of full time job) just to be able to do new ini. And they usually make only one weekend in month with 2x exp. Doesn't sound that ridiculous?

I can say for myself (maybe more people think like this) that I don't bother with gaining 2 peak level, because it doesn't offer anything (except useless buff).

And for years the main way for gaining XP in RoM was simply questing. Now they want to redefine it with peak levels and make it more like Metin, where the main way of gaining XP is to kill mobs.

The real problem here is that they managed to release an instance that is NOT scaled to the current level cap, for the first time in roms history.

I asked them on forum in 3 languages (english, german and polish) after pantheon closure why they didn't release peak levels before Chassizz and still got no answer.

• I asked them on forum in 3 languages (english, german and polish) after pantheon closure why they didn't release peak levels before Chassizz and still got no answer.

I don't believe for a second that pantheon was supposed to be cleared with over peak 5. They screwed up the accuracy formula, didn't realize you can't just over buff accuracy to overcome level difference, and are now trying to save face saying it was intended.

• They screwed up the accuracy formula, didn't realize you can't just over buff accuracy to overcome level difference, and are now trying to save face saying it was intended.

Nah, there's no face to save, they couldn't care less about the game. It's also pretty obvious that normal/hard mode are going to stay closed till peak level 10/15 has been reached by enough players. They won't rework pet combat, that's even more out of their league than the class/crafting balancing promised half a decade ago. They'll just keep not making any progress, once they think players are strong enough that pets no longer matter in killing the bosses they'll reopen the instance.

• I haven't personally gone into New Pantheon yet as I just returned to the game and leveled up to 100/100 recently.

From what I have gathered on this long thread, everyone is missing their skill hits on the first boss of New Pantheon (NP).

Bakken might be right that the bosses in NP have had their level and accuracy requirements increased dramatically to cause fully geared 100/100 toons to miss/resist boss hits.

Before NP was closed, had anyone tried to go in with fully accuracy gear?

• Accuracy gear doesnt effect anything, when the level difference between player & mob is >10 it becomes impossible to hit anything unless the skill has a skill calculation that ignores hit chance. (most will calculate this correctly)

• not to beat a dead horse but did this latest update fix or change anything for the better? or still no point in coming back yet? 50% less seems like a good start.. but I heard mobs are still unkilleable so point moot.... "?

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• maybe instead of 2x experience bonus weekend, then need a 100x bonus.. that would solve the problem....

no it will not since even if you have current max peak level you do nothing in new instance with it

SoVvjsU.png

• Yeah, another useless patch. So for practical purposes that is 18 months without new instance, and the latest one (tomb of souls) is easier to run than the 12 that came before, even today (i mean the 4 halls and all inis from 90 to 100). As usual, great work GF and RW... X/

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)