Crossing the Mountain Path: again a progress quests requiring an instance?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • As has been said before, I will say it again. The amount of exp required for pantheon hm is downright insane. It will be around 2 years of just grinding exp 2hrs everyday to reach peak lv5, for just one character.

Alts are now pretty much done for. Add 2 more years for each alt anyone wants to play them in the new ini or possibly new zones. Even if I reach peak level 5 someday, I am very doubtful there will even be 11 other players left on the entire server with peak lv5 to attempt pantheon hm. Noone wants to run the same ini's for another 2 years - we already have been running them for 2-3 years now. The system would actually be fine if it was introduced 2 years ago and now the first ini to require peak lvl's was released.

I haven't seen this myself, but I heard some say that experience point events will also not be run anymore. Can you clarify on this?

Are you forwarding the feedback about exp to the devs? Please don't just read it (need to even be hopeful for that) and say that is what runewaker has decided, and that is the available information at this time. If that is what they have decided and this is all the information we are going to get - there really is no reason to continue playing the game for anyone who cannot spend 8-10 hours on the game everyday killing the same mob 700,000 times. 1/50 xp ratio is more reasonable and somewhat possible, while 1/20 would be ideal.

Edited once, last by cab ().

• I think even 1/4 or 1/5 would be a good exp rate, normally when a new level cap is released (albeit that hasn't happened for a while) the amount of the exp you needed was around 100kk or slightly more. With this update it's basically 5 more "levels", so it's still a significant amount of exp needed (the last update with 5 levels was a very long time ago surely). 1/5 would mean it still takes some time to get level 5 but isn't completely unreasonable.

• After unlocking the peak level system and seeing for myself how slow it is, no one is ever gonna grind this out. The amount of time required to reach level 5 makes it impossible for anyone to get.

I think aktl s 1/4 or 1/5 would be a nice and way more realistic pace if GF ever wants anyone to try and attempt new instance.

• The xp ratio is a complete joke, 1/100th xp rate makes getting to peak 5 take 70 billion normal xp. Lets say you used daily resets to get there, the most common repeatable daily is bottles daily in balu village. Balu village gives 63516 peak xp. The highest you can buff that outside of event if you got wishing well buff, hall of earth buff, zodiac, and two quest potions is 170% which would give you 171493 peak xp. The amount of peak xp needed to get to peak 5 is 700207338. 700207338/171493 is 4084 daily resets to reach peak 5 or 142940 diamonds. that many diamonds is 3400 USD.

Does the game expect us to literally NO life the game grinding xp or spend 3400 dollars to continue to be end game? please tell me there is a mistake in my math because LITERALLY no one will do this.

• The xp ratio is a complete joke, 1/100th xp rate makes getting to peak 5 take 70 billion normal xp. Lets say you used daily resets to get there, the most common repeatable daily is bottles daily in balu village. Balu village gives 63516 peak xp. The highest you can buff that outside of event if you got wishing well buff, hall of earth buff, zodiac, and two quest potions is 170% which would give you 171493 peak xp. The amount of peak xp needed to get to peak 5 is 700207338. 700207338/171493 is 4084 daily resets to reach peak 5 or 142940 diamonds. that many diamonds is 3400 USD.

Does the game expect us to literally NO life the game grinding xp or spend 3400 dollars to continue to be end game? please tell me there is a mistake in my math because LITERALLY no one will do this.

99% sure we can't even do quests for this system. Daily repeats would easily be the easiest and quickest way to do this, but yeah. Why do they expect us to spend 100+ hours of constant grinding just to be able to attempt the new dungeon. My guild thinks that they are done with the game and are trying to get people to quit playing so they can close the servers. And if that is their goal, well, it's worked with getting people to quit.

Reni Veteran. Pretty much retired at this point.

Aeterna -

Elebrith 80/59/37 Wd/S/R

Phoenix -

Elebrith 100/100/55/50 W/M/Wd/S

Astoria 100/100/60 K/P/W

Does the game expect us to literally NO life the game grinding xp or spend 3400 dollars to continue to be end game? please tell me there is a mistake in my math because LITERALLY no one will do

Since I'm lazy, how many just regular days of dailies is that, if you do the dailys in the new zone? I'm gonna use new math and say that is roughly 3 yrs of dailies?

• Regular dailies would actually be more than 4084 days because you wouldn't click both xp pots for that. I don't have new zone dailies unlocked so id assume 900k per turn in normal xp, so 90k peak xp per day. which would be 7781 days, so a little more than 21 years.

• IF gameforge will look at the rates and change them, this will most likely still take a while to get implemented because they haven’t gathered enough complaints or since there is decreased support during the holidays. Unless there is some special christmas event for peak points planned, please atleast toggle the xp part for the winter event boost. Blows my mind they must have thought it was going to be too fast on xp event or some shet. Imagine having to grind all that on a tank, that would take like what? 700h? This to me looks outright insane. It is also clear as day dailies/quests are not a viable option to get levels.

I also wonder what peak level is required to reliably hit bosses in HM. I havent looked into it, but at first glance it looks as if rogues have a sizeable advantage because of their additional accuracy.

• Regular dailies would actually be more than 4084 days because you wouldn't click both xp pots for that. I don't have new zone dailies unlocked so id assume 900k per turn in normal xp, so 90k peak xp per day. which would be 7781 days, so a little more than 21 years.

In other words, not achievable; thanks.

• My guild thinks that they are done with the game and are trying to get people to quit playing so they can close the servers. And if that is their goal, well, it's worked with getting people to quit.

I have been through other game shutdowns. Trust me, they would not be trying to push us out, they would just shut it down. If we are lucky they would tell us beforehand and hold some kind of grand blowout where every rabbit in the game poops POMs.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

Chassizz quests and dailies are the same XP as Enoch was. All quests are 100. Mobs are 100 to 103.

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Chassizz quests and dailies are the same XP as Enoch was. All quests are 100. Mobs are 100 to 103.

I happened to find a daily quest that takes about 20 mins as the quest drop from the Mob occurs about 7 out of 10 kills. But what I also noticed is that GF forgot to correct the Hero Arrow mob drops like they did when Vortis opened. Ie... the mobs only drop single arrows instead of stacks of 100.

(Same with rogue blades by the way)

I happened to find a daily quest that takes about 20 mins as the quest drop from the Mob occurs about 7 out of 10 kills. But what I also noticed is that GF forgot to correct the Hero Arrow mob drops like they did when Vortis opened. Ie... the mobs only drop single arrows instead of stacks of 100.

(Same with rogue blades by the way)

I noticed that as well. Single ammo drops.

• is okey but exp orb diferent item shop stuff not fcking ratio system...and if this fix maybe ppl stat buy some 1kk exp orb from promo instead of just ignore useless orb what come time to time on promo

• yes when is started back to 4year where getting whaste exp by 1lvl or zero lvl up ...all agree is ok nice idea personaly i like it but farm whasted 4year exp in this cap is just lol and for what? enter new instance hm mod? good and where you gather 11 more ppl tank healer dbuffer whit right lvl too jezus pure nonsens