Feedeback Join the catch-up server!

• Although I don't think I'll be having problems reaching lv85 in time, I think it's bad to kill characters if they're too late. It's always possible that someone starts with great enthusiasm, using diamonds and all, and then something happens and forces them to slow down or even quit temporarily. To me it seems that Gameforge hasn't really thought it over.

• I started late after christmas and new year and i don't have enough time to get to level 85 so decided to just level normally in the normal servers

Great attitude, I am sure you will make it in the normal servers :)

• And then there is me. Leveled my character to 85, chose to transfer to Aeterna, and poof character disappeared. Been a week and no sign of it. Submitted a ticket, but, like I said, been a week and no sign of it. Great big waste of time...

• I hit 85, followed the instructions for the transfer, but I'm not seeing the two dropdown menus mentioned in Step 3 of "Join the Catch-Up Server!" What am I missing?

• Imagine getting to level 80, then something came up in your life and you lost all of that progress... Not a great way to introduce new players to the game.

This is exactly what has happened to me. Because of the wording on the post (not saying you can ONLY transfer if/when you hit 85) I was taking time and leveling my gathering skills as I was leveling my character levels. Then school started which wasn't so bad but then my grandpa passed away and for obvious reasons I was not able to play the game. Then this Tuesday morning I'll be flying out of town and won't return until Thursday Jan 30th (the cut off day). Because of this, I will NOT reach 85 by the time the servers go down. Had I known you can ONLY transfer off if/when you hit 85 I wouldn't have been leveling my gathering skills while I leveled. Its utter bull that they didn't clearly stated you can ONLY transfer if/when you hit 85.

• Believe me I've read the darn thing over & over & over again to see where it said you can ONLY transfer characters that are 85. Nowhere in the post FAQ/Guide does it say that ONLY will characters who are 85 will transfer over to the normal servers once Jan 30th hits. The post just says "as soon as your character has reached level 85, you can transfer it to a regular server of your choice within your region by the specified date" Take note on the part I bolded as it chose the word CAN and omitted the wording CAN ONLY. Simply stating the word CAN implies that since the level cap is 85 on the server there is no reason to stay no the server so you SHOULD transfer off to a normal server to continue to gain experience.

As I said in my reply to Guffzilla, had I known that you could ONLY transfer off once reaching 85 I wouldn't have bothered leveling my gathering skills while I was leveling my character level. I not only had a death in the family but I have to catch a flight to Los Angeles to testify in court on Tuesday and won't be returning until the day the servers go offline. There is absolutely no way for me to reach 85 in time. I spent diamonds on a mount and various other items. If I would have known I was going to get screwed over, I wouldn't have spent this money on that character and would have just leveled stuff up on the normal servers.

• Well it implies you have to be 85 to transfer it. Could be better wording I agree, but not like it takes long to lvl to 85 with 3x exp. If somebody joined on say, the 23rd Jan or after I could understand but even playing just a couple of hours each night you can get to 85 in less than a week.

• and in the actual guide on how to execute the transfer once you're ready it states once more:

Again, that all comes from:

[Join the Catch-Up Server]

which you of course have read multiple times, been referred to multiple times, and had the essentials from quoted/explained to you by others multiple times. :)

And also pinned to the Steam forums for those who play on Steam is the second post of the linked thread, the "How to transfer" part to actually execute the transfer, found here: https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/1742262144176058990/ which also in no uncertain terms has the content from the second image.

I do believe there is an argument to be made for more plain text in a lot of places in and around the game (looking at you, news/newsletter with "hooray 300% XP TP on everything on CatchUp" ,omitting that the mechanics for XP boosts have NOT changed hence no TP bonus on quests because it is not possible to set it that way) , but then I'm really not sure what else you expect from the pieces of information provided:

- The server runs until Jan 30th. YOU can then still do transfers until Feb 13th - all characters not transferred will be deleted.

- Once your character has reached level 85 YOU can transfer it.

- The transfer is only possible until Feb 13th - All characters not transferred by then , which OF COURSE applies to characters < level 85 , will be deleted.

[and once more in the "okay, how do I DO the transfer: ]

Your character must be level 85 in order to be able to transfer it.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• I think this is implied fairly clearly in the details - "as soon as your character has reached level 85" is pretty straightforward. My point was this wasn't communicated in the headliner information.

• It looks like new people decided to try RoM and they couldn't reach 85 by the deadline. Could we ask GF to make an exception for them? It's easy to check whether they have old high level chars on other severs and transfer manually if needed. This is a good opportunity to do something good without spending significant resource.

• do not do this again . you created a server full of players ,most of witch could not make it to level 85 , and then you killed them .

wasted my time wasted their time ,the wizards consider it an attack on new players and a giant cash grab on the old ones .

it was clearly marked temporary server, I don't care .

it was clearly stated you had to make it to level 85 to transfer to normal server, I don't care .

do not create servers of already dead toons on a temp server and force them to level because their lives depend upon them reaching some impossible level or they die .

it was a good idea ,but then you implemented it .

• The servers are sorely lacking of players, so Catch-Up was basically a good idea.

Unfortunately hell is paved with good intentions.

Why did you cancel PEX events on other servers. Don't those who created a character on the opening of the "steam" servers also have the right to progress ?

How can you imagine that, for new players, not knowing the subtleties of the game and the optimum trajectory to reach level 85 (character 20/20 go Coast of the oppurtunity, character 50 go get the set 50, go to Dalanis with Torrog's quest, then follow the Toni / Morrok quests lines) would not be disappointed. For a former player reaching level 85 is a story of a few days. For a newbie player the song is not the same...

Finally why exclude the characters who did not reach level 85 ? There is no point in excluding them. The real difficulty (1) of the game is in creating equipment worthy of the name. I have alts who are 100/100 by dint of daylies quest and because of lack of equipment are good for nothing.

In short, it was a golden idea and you turned it into lead ! It is a rare alchemical gift to transform gold into lead. The rich and powerful of this world must fear you !

(1) and one day we will have to debate this difficulty. You have made this game an eternal harvest torture that discourages and drips the most relentless among us !

Why not get good statistics in normal mode ?

Why so many inept hard mode statistics ?

Why only rotten mementos or energy of justice statistics ?

Why so few structured objects ? (Oh I remember now you sell hammer for structure !)

Why no more proof of myth events while world boss are the preserve of a minority ?

And I'm not even talking about the peak level which severely cuts in the number of players due to the near impossibility of reaching this level for a majority and the PEX harvest torture for those who reach it.

Yes the new players would have been more than welcome to strengthen the endangered specie of those who still play runes of magic...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited once, last by Renovatio ().

• Hello everyone,

We will gather your feedback and forward it to the respective department. Unfortunately none of us can make any claims of something that was planned this way and also communicated from the beginning. We are grateful for any of your feedback but please keep in mind it's just that. Feedback will be taken into consideration, not more or less, which I'm stating here very cleary is not a promise of change, especially not immediately.

Players who logged out with the wrong class are asked to submit a ticket to support. Anyone else who does feel mistreated is also welcome to submit a ticket so we can clear up the one or other thing. Tickets are very important for this kind of topic because only that way we can find out if and how to help.

If it's a detailed feedback where you run into an issue and got stuck with your character, that's fine too and as said very welcome.

• Sarkas, I have a last question even if I am not concerned (I did not create a character on CU).

The annoucement seems to be clear, at least in your mind, that character should reach level 85 to be transferred and otherwise it would be lost... I read this annoucement on the forum and I had understood it in that way as well.

Yet I know we are quite few to read the forum.

So could you explain to me and my comrads how people who just have created a character on catch-up without reading the forum notice (and that is probably the most common player psychology) were informed in game of theses rules. And specialy how they were informed before buying diamonds and spending it at the shop ?

Thank you for your detailed answer.

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• You might didn't read the ToS but yet you accept those upon each and every login.

Quote from 1.3

Gameforge‬ is entitled to interrupt the operation of the ‪Gameforge‬ Services without prior notice if there are urgent technical reasons or because of necessary maintenance works. In all other cases reasonable advance notice will be provided using suitable means.

• We will gather your feedback and forward it to the respective department.

I haven't played on the catch-up server, so I don't know how much my suggestion will be liked by those who did. I was once told that in WoW you can be transferred to another server after paying a fee. Maybe have a fee of certain amount of diamonds for those who weren't able to get to level 85?