Forum is not obeying Time Zone properly

• This has to do with how the Forums displays how old a post is. I noticed. earlier, that a post about the maintenance said it was made 3 hours ago, but I had been checking Forums regularly and had just seen it, so I suspect it compared the actual local time the post was made (probably PDT) to my adjusted local timezone (CDT). Assuming the poster is on the west coast, and I am in Texas. There is a 2-hour difference, So, at most, this post should have said "posted 1 hour ago", I think.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• The tooltip says it was posted: 28. June 2018 17:17. I'm on CEST and it's 18:53 as of posting typing this.

I would guess it jumps to "2h" after >1,5h ?

note to self: check again after 19:47 but before 20:17.

19:55 => 3 hours ago.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• As you actually can set your own timezone in the settings (>>>link<<<), it is in fact obeying the timezone you set. (tested with UTC and UTC+1)

As of the "3 hours ago" message, this has nothing to do with timezones, because if it happened 3 hours ago, it happened 3 hours ago for everyone on this planet, regardless of you are in the US, Central Europe or Micronesia.

Either the post was temporarily disabled or you just missed it. :)

• I have set my timezone, and as I was watching the forum during the downtime, I would have seen it in 3 hours. I am pretty sure it is not using universal time, but calculating it.

It is no big deal, it does not break my bones nor pick my pocket. :)

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

• I have set my timezone, and as I was watching the forum during the downtime, I would have seen it in 3 hours. I am pretty sure it is not using universal time, but calculating it.

It is no big deal, it does not break my bones nor pick my pocket. :)

As mentioned by Dio, it is possible it was posted earlier and simply disabled. We may post something in "Disabled" mode. The forum logs the time it was posted, even if it's disabled. Then, we enable it, and it still shows the time it was posted, not the time it was enabled.

So in example: That post could have been posted at 16:00 and set to disabled. Then, 2 hours later it was enabled for public at 18:00. But the time of posting still says "16:00" and you checked an hour after it was shown to the public, at 19:00 (all times GMT). It would show "posted 3 hours ago".

• Like I said, it really does not matter that much. I will say it was an administrative post about the maintenance, but I do not remember who said it or exactly what it said. iirc it said something about the maint running longer than expected and it would be up as soon as possible.