Item drop rate

• Does the item drop rate affect what appears from the boxes/festival packages? If not, what does?

I don't know but I used a 100% drop rate increase the other day and literally went 6-7 mobs before I got a single drop outside of non-repeatable quest items. Like not even the stupid arrows/rocks. NOTHING!

• afaik there is nothing. You can increase the chance that a mob will have ANY drops, but you cannot increase the chance that it ill have a specific drop, nor that a package will have the rarer content when opened.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• afaik there is nothing. You can increase the chance that a mob will have ANY drops, but you cannot increase the chance that it ill have a specific drop, nor that a package will have the rarer content when opened.

I literally had used a potion to increase the party drop rate 100% for an hour and I literally would go 3-4 mobs with no loot at all other than the specific quest item (not daily quest item but specific quest items) and they were mobs my level so they should have dropped SOMETHING.

Potent Potion of Luck

+ 100% more loot
    + Collect more items
    + Lasts 60 minutes
    The item drop rate is increased by 100% for 1 hour. The affect applies to all party members.

• [...]they were mobs my level so they should have dropped SOMETHING.

Did you look up how drop rate works?

Furthermore, the chance of no item drop for 1000 monsters is greater 0 (so unlikely but possible) even if the droprate of an item is 99%.

But spoiler, most drop chances are between 3% and 10%. So assuming your luck potion doubles the rate, you end up with 6%.

But drop rate is a very very complex topic that is affected by, for example, if you are in a group or not.

• i'm afraid that monster spawn rate is not affected by item drop rate. i used to farm Anselve and almost got full set of the 2 Anselve's gear sets so its there. you just have to farm super crazy

• i done me skin set from ystra bk to 4year ago or so...all 6part full skin set ^^ ........maybe old time alot more ppl farmed for skin idk but best fail time 9h nonstop spider kill and boss not come sometime i just go to zone and boss is there or just litle kill enugh for spawn btw old forum got some info about this aisha spawn alot easyer than anselve

• Jinsoyun

Closed the thread.