Killing inside sw gates.

• Hello. I wanted to ask what GM stand point of ranged skill killing inside castle gates. Like wd/s arrow or wd/s pet goes in and kill players.

Is it allowed or not?

Cause gates kinda up but I got killed constantly by 200 ranged skill not aoe.

So any GM can give insight on this?

Like Im dieing almoust near my throne if we defend iner gates. Thats normal?

• IIRC, the skill anti-magic arrow ignores walls etc. and the Warden can kill you from outside castle if he can target you. Super Cheezy, but it's not the only class or skill that does that

• To the best of my knowledge nothing is "allowed". Well, GMs said certain things to be legal and then banned players for them.

So report everything you think is wrong and expect to be banned yourself for anything you are certain is right.

PS. After new SW rules were released guess how many times people asked this particular question. And guess how many times it was answered.

PPS. My bet is that if they bother to answer it would be like this. You should not gain unfair advantage against other players but we cannot verify if someone gained it against you.

• I think it's alright tbh, would be super annoying if you couldn't kill gate alts for 60 min. But if these skills were to be disallowed then think about AOEs as well, surely using aoes to hit those inside would also be "gaining an unfair advantage". Plus it would be super difficult to enforce unless you want to ban 80% of the playerbase (although....).

• Well, first, read the Additional Siege Wars Guidelines. You will find there is nothing in it about attacking players. And you also won't find anything in the Terms and Conditions.

Then, there is the questions about the skills. Are they supposed to go through obstacles or not? The first thing to note here is, that it depends on the skill. Some skills ignore obstacles. Some do not. In particular AOE skills, which are done directly outside of an gate will usually also hit what is behind the gate. But also some shots, throws, and castings are going through. It is known for years, that these differences between skills exist.

Of course, you could ask if those skills are buggy, and using those in such a way needs to be considered as exploiting. But those skills which ignore obstacles are existing. And there are really lots of those. If all of them were buggy, and all of them need to get blocked by obstacles in the line of sight, then why did this difference between skills even exist in the first place? And if they are buggy, why are they not fixed? Those skills are known for years, and for several of them, this means like 5 years or more.

Also you have to note, that many skill effects appear to hit the target from the sky or out of nowhere. It makes some kind of sense, that those skills don't necessarily need a line of sight to the target. For some of these skills in question this actually matches in a logical way. However, this is not a pattern which is implemented in RoM in a consistent way. There are skills which clearly come out of the sky, but get blocked by obstacles in the line of sight. And there are skills, where an (often physical) projectile travels towards the target, which is passing magically through every obstacle. I guess, most players would consider the pattern pretty random. The distribution of those skills to the different classes is also not equal. It appears, that those skills, which made it into the game at a later point in time, like for example set skills, 60/70 elite skills or warlock and champion skills are much more likely to ignore the line of sight, than other skills. But this is just a tendency.

The only thing which should be quite clear is, that if you manipulate the game in a way, that a skill which normally does get blocked by obstacles is now going through those, then this is exploiting or hacking.

Then the next thing is about fairness. It starts with building flame and electro towers inside the castle. Those are attacking players outside the castle through the walls. If those are attacking me through the wall, why should it be forbidden for me to attack those with a skill which allows it? The same applies to players. Also players could attack through walls a players on the outside. So if there would be a rule against one way, then there should be a rule against the other way as well.

Now consider, you would have such rule, which does not allow to attack from outside to inside and the other way round. But when is a player inside or outside? Is a player standing on the terrace which are right and left of each gate already outside? What if he is standing on the 10cm high wall of that terrace? What if he moves back into the tunnel of the wall, but he is still more "outside" than the gate? What if he moves back more until he is on the terrace at the inside? What is with a player on a balcony at the gates? And on the wall? And on a brick on the wall? And what about all those places, if the player is jumping? And consider another rule, where you define it by the line of sight. Are you allowed to attack a player which is standing on a terrace with a 10cm high wall? What with a 50cm high wall? and what if he moves backwards, so the wall covers more of him? What is with a player standing in one of the tunnels? What with a player in line behind the tiny gap between the castle doors? You could have endless discussions about this.

But lately, one of the most pressing arguments for most of the players are the alts behind the castle gates, which try to make those permanently immune or heal the castle gates all the time. They are pretty badly designed, because you need only a few of those, mostly unskilled, without equipment and you can make all castle gates indestructible. If you would now say, there should be a rule, which grants them immunity against other players, just because they are standing in the castle, then the only way to reach them would be with catapults. But catapults cannot kill them (unless they are really stupid). Therefore, you would completely violate the idea of the siege war. One of the main things about the siege war is the possibility to fight your way into the castle of your enemy, to destroy his buildings, to crush the inner gate, and to win the game by capturing his guild crystal. Giving immunity to those stupid alts means, that you would remove all those possibilities from the siege war completely. And this doesn't make any real sense.

My guild has done now about over 1400 siege wars, and I participated at most of them. Killing through walls isn't the nice way. And I got the impression that many guilds use it only for those gate alts or other players which care about the gates, for players which were already attacking towards the outside, or which are shortly before attacking anyone outside or moving to the outside.

So when you are going through the passage near the throne, there are many guilds which will already attack you, because many of them got attacked from exactly that place, while standing in the castle yard, too. Again, this is about attacks going both ways. And not just one way.

• Strange why no GM insights about skills that ignores walls?

There is diference between aoe skill and skill you target enemy.

Like forexample. Rampage is skill which kills in sfera at 200 m radius. So it means up and down left and right. It fills everything. Now that is proper aoe. Yet you can escape it and its cooldown it long. You have oportunity on evry 5 min to kill some and try get gates down. If fail you must wait longer. That should be on every other gate skill also. And most of those skill are not used for dps rotas anyway.

Other wall ignore target skills have very very low cd. So basicly every 15s they can kill you or even faster.

If you owerpower enemy so hard that you pushed them inside to defend for long time. Then there is shouldnot be problem to win sw or trap, defend towers. Also not all guilds have gate alts or they dont even bother to get gate alts. They mostly dont care. Or care only to fight lower guild. Gate alts is work. When you got killed every 15s you must be back and put shield on gate and die, repeat. So imagine to run none stop just to protect gates and maybe win after.

If oppo cant get in with other things the killing gate alts, then maybe they dont deserve to get in. Or they not strong or skilled enough to get in.

So if one choose to defend then its cause they fight vs superior power. Killing inside walls for 30 min is not nice. Basickly should be like this. You try gates, you fail to get in, you focuse on towers. Not camping at gates and target other targets or focuse and kill small guys for all sw.

Even flame tower spam would stop gate alts. No need to kill them. Or just outdps shield on gates. All could be done.

So killing inside with target skills should be punishable.

Well I even heard that some wls was banned cause of that. Wonder what would happen if i report Vena wds and Wl?

• Even flame tower spam would stop gate alts. No need to kill them. Or just outdps shield on gates. All could be done.

and why it is need to use gate alts ? why can you not accept that the opponent is simply stronger?

• IMHO there shouldn't be any discussion about what is allowed and what not...

Sure, some skills are buggy and some other skills work different then other skills, but:

Both attacking and defending guild can benefit of it, thus its not that there is a unfair advantage to only the attacking or defending guild.

And of course because of the re-spawn point the effects are different for an attacking guild compared to the defending guild, but still, both sides can benefit of it.

Still.., personally i really hate it when someone keeps killing me that way.

• This subject is just a stupid one.
    If the opponent is strong and you don't intend to leave the castle you have one option - surrender. Defending the castle for an hour is stupid you're wasting your time on a war you can't win anyway.
    You can try with the rogues at the end but let's not fool ourselves the good guild won't lose that way by having the advantage on the field. So why try and lose anyway? Don't be ridiculous.

It hurts that you can't hold the castle for an hour to try "win"? I love when i see explain incompetence with stupid arguments...

That's an argument like campers in FPS games. People didn't kill through walls in the past? The defenders were shooting and the attackers were standing under the walls, politely waiting for the gate to fall down? Look at the real life. It wasn't a problem that they were killing "through" the walls the archers or the catapults were doing their job like in game warlocks do their job. Learn to play and count your loss. You don't do anything in wars. You're waiting five minutes for one skill on the champion/mage and that's it. Don't count on winning with a strong guild, because you won't win.

• People didn't kill through walls in the past? The defenders were shooting and the attackers were standing under the walls, politely waiting for the gate to fall down? Look at the real life. It wasn't a problem that they were killing "through" the walls the archers or the catapults were doing their job like in game warlocks do their job. Learn to play and count your loss. You don't do anything in wars. You're waiting five minutes for one skill on the champion/mage and that's it. Don't count on winning with a strong guild, because you won't win.

Oh yeah. in the past mages and priests from both sides would cast a barrage of fireballs and healing spells, while wardens would summon their beast and send them to the battle. Not too many mages nowadays. Even teleporting skills got lost over time.

On the serious note, I remember seeing somewhere that killing thru gates is not OK, unless you attack a warden's pet and it goes after you in return.

• People didn't kill through walls in the past? The defenders were shooting and the attackers were standing under the walls, politely waiting for the gate to fall down? Look at the real life. It wasn't a problem that they were killing "through" the walls the archers or the catapults were doing their job like in game warlocks do their job. Learn to play and count your loss. You don't do anything in wars. You're waiting five minutes for one skill on the champion/mage and that's it. Don't count on winning with a strong guild, because you won't win.

Oh yeah. in the past mages and priests from both sides would cast a barrage of fireballs and healing spells, while wardens would summon their beast and send them to the battle. Not too many mages nowadays. Even teleporting skills got lost over time.

On the serious note, I remember seeing somewhere that killing thru gates is not OK, unless you attack a warden's pet and it goes after you in return.

I write about killing losers behind the wall. If you don't understand something, don't say anything.

• you call losers who are at other side of wall. Maybe that loser can solo you like no tomorrow?

And you only strong cause backed with many guys, heals and buffs.

Where those peaps come from? Noc, Vena, Thunder? From which guild are this error? Or divinity, cause seems rudest persons comes from there.

Again I ask GM insights about target skills which ignore walls. Are they good to use or not?

Dont tell me Gm dont read this. Simple yes or no would be enough.

That looser RuntimeTerror can pm me and we can sort out some things. And maybe show him some good manners :D.

• You're gonna solo me? XDD
    What's it gonna be like, you will wait five minutes for bomb and you're hoping to be lucky to hit ?? I can solo you and the bomb won't help you.

Stop crying after every war. Your shitty defense just broke down and you're looking for problems where there aren't any. Typical loser, everyone's guilty except yourself. And war is a team "game", not solo. Start setting the alts in the "follow" mode and you will have many guys behind ^^. The tactics of defending and fcap at the end failed here? If so, is this and that allowed? Or maybe you should learn to play and accept that you're losing to a stronger guild?
    Deal with that

• It must be Dorak :D.

Im having fun as well when im defending even. Last time I got 34 kills alone vs entire Vena :D.

And Vena almost lost :D Imagine if we train abit and 2k guild win 260k one :D.

What you would cry then :D?

So you scared to go 1v1 :D. ""team game"" :D Ofc you should be. All top guys was killed by me. Even your Tafur died at 1v1.

But im just looking for Gm ansvers not yours.

Imagine if they say its forbiden? Then what? What Vena would do?

How many siege wep was burnt :D. Also game ended cause it was full 1h not cause you win by crystal.

I just want GMS to state clear rules.

Edited once, last by Terrag ().

• Nah a Gear Swap Macro xD

PvP Gear >> Swap to Ini Gear >>> Bomb >> Swap to PvP Gear >>> 5 Min. afk

Hexer/Champ - Krieger/Mage - Mage/Hexer

nnef6as2.png

Ritter/Krieger - Krieger/Ritter - Ritter/Priester