Give a Macro, Take a Macro!

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I haven't changed it as I am trying to target friendly mobs - cows from current festival event

Code
    1. /run for i=1,20 do local name=UnitName("target") if name == "Cattle" then break else TargetNearestFriend() end end if not (name == "Cattle") then TargetUnit("") end
  • You create "name" as a local variable within the for loop. Checking it later "not (name == "Cattle") then" has no access to this local variable.

So where's the problem? I copied the script from this thread.

Also, I was told there's TargetUnitByName command, but that didn't work for me either.

• Looking closer at the original version, I don't see how it could have worked at all. The last condition (not name == "...") will always be true because name is not defined at this point, leading to an empty target.

A simple fix for your macro would be replacing "break" with "return". I've just tested it with my house keeper and it worked fine, so I guess it will work with cattles, too. Also the last part of the macro could be changed to a simple TargetUnit("") without any conditions, but let's do things step by step.

Code
    1. /run for i=1,20 do local name=UnitName("target") if name == "Cattle" then return else TargetNearestFriend() end end if not (name == "Cattle") then TargetUnit("") end
  • Looking closer at the original version, I don't see how it could have worked at all. The last condition (not name == "...") will always be true because name is not defined at this point, leading to an empty target.

A simple fix for your macro would be replacing "break" with "return". I've just tested it with my house keeper and it worked fine, so I guess it will work with cattles, too. Also the last part of the macro could be changed to a simple TargetUnit("") without any conditions, but let's do things step by step.

Code
    1. /run for i=1,20 do local name=UnitName("target") if name == "Cattle" then return else TargetNearestFriend() end end if not (name == "Cattle") then TargetUnit("") end

It worked, thanks a lot!

• Hi I'm playing CH/R I changed the Dark Energy Strike part to Shadowstab but it only casts Shadowstab not the Rune Pulse, Do you guys know how can I fix it?

• Hi I'm playing CH/R I changed the Dark Energy Strike part to Shadowstab but it only casts Shadowstab not the Rune Pulse, Do you guys know how can I fix it?

there's a different ID for chain drive because of elites. Try 622185 instead of 621252

there's a different ID for chain drive because of elites. Try 622185 instead of 621252

It works now, thanks a lot!

• Hey guys, i have some Macros for u guys :)

Aoth Cape Makro: Checks ID of your cape, switch, use Skill and Get´s the REAL Cooldown for "MacroCooldowns"

The Same for SW Title:

And here my question. I need 2 Macros, maybe someone can help me here.

1.: A Warden Macro that Remove Warden Pets or Casts the Pet. It checks which one i have atm and Removes or Cast another one (1 Macro per Pet) I had that years ago before i quit game :/

2.: An Equipment Swap Macro. Check what Items i wear atm and switch to the ones in my bag by using the ID

• Hey all )

Somene can help me with function to check CD of suit skill?

What I alreadt know:

GetSkillCooldown(x, y) - return arguments for any "x" and "y" (in general x<=5 for not item set skills and y<=30; so may be this function can give me needed value?)

GetSuitSkillInfo() - don't give any arguments >< (is it working function?..)

• Not sure if this is the correct place. I never used macro's untill now.
    looking for a macro that let me buff before a boss fight....(it takes me to long to singel click stuff like fire training, Strong Stimulant and so on.....)

• Not sure if this is the correct place. I never used macro's untill now.
    looking for a macro that let me buff before a boss fight....(it takes me to long to singel click stuff like fire training, Strong Stimulant and so on.....)

/use Strong Stimulant

/wait 1

/cast Fire Training

/wait 1

...and so on.

as you can see for pots, foods, items in your back pack, you need to use "/use" and for Skills you use "/cast". wait 1 = 1 second (global cooldown). waiting time can be adjusted like this "/wait 0.5", which is half of a second.

this is very basic macro. study this thread and you might learn little more about it.

• anyone know how to make fire training title to self cast with selfbuff macro? every other skill and pot and food buffs works fine but cant make a title swap and cast fire training and swap back to previous title working with other it works only whit macro dedicated only for that

• Code
    1. /use Grassland Mix
    2. /run a = GetCurrentTitle() SetTitleRequest(530584)
    3. /wait 0.5
    4. /cast Tactical Smash
    5. /wait 0.2
    6. /run SetTitleRequest(a) a=nil
    7. /wait 0.8
    8. /use Steamed Fish Steak

Quickly thrown together proof of concept that uses buff food, selects a title and casts a spell. Note that changing the title does take some time.

Should be possible to adust if to other skills and items.

• anyone know how to make this work since this keep failing time to time? sometimes works fine and sometimes skips pots or skills.

/cast Target Area

/wait 1

/use Housekeeper Special Caviar Sandwich

/wait 1

/cast Concentration

/wait 1

/use Strong Stimulant

/wait 1

/cast Savage Power

/wait 1

/cast Blood Arrow

/wait 1

/run SetTitleRequest(530467);

/wait .2

/run CastSpellByName("Fire Training")

/wait .2

/run SetTitleRequest(530510);

/wait .8

/use Arcane Potion

/wait 1

/cast Hunter Stance

/wait 1

/cast Arrow of Essence

• Try increasing the waiting duration between each step. Especially .2 after the title change might be too short sometimes.

I personally use 1.2 most of the time just to be safe.

• Try increasing the waiting duration between each step. Especially .2 after the title change might be too short sometimes.

I personally use 1.2 most of the time just to be safe.

100% this, SetTitleRequest causes mad interface lag

• is not sure but title swap /use skill and then swap bk title need time you can easyer interupt next skill when use something to fast....like title not change cendril macro same

and very bad see ppl like use FT SA earlier instead of music cast time end FT SA very important and you can run to boss or step close when all title swap done

about this skill /cast Hunter Stance...not sure is good idea add macro you can be far to boss walking ppl not do dps ^^

• about this skill /cast Hunter Stance...not sure is good idea add macro you can be far to boss walking ppl not do dps

i always walk close enough so i don't have to move after buffs, never aggro'ed boss in this distance. only rare cases when the boss get bushed back but have enough time to walk closer even with the -80% reduced moving speed

• is there a way to make a macro that cast autoshot ones by pressing the macro and if i press macro again many times it uses shot only till the target is dead or autoshot if its manually disabled and repeat this process with a new target?