New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • and here:

Its still Patch time

Meh... Main website doesn't redirect to https://en.runesofmagic.gameforge.com/maintenance any more, so figured maintenance was over.

Ach, well, back to Snow Borg in Q's Winter Wonderland...

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• LOL, see you in twenty and a half days on 7th of January !

I definitively love the new client !

<3

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• So ... the reason "WHY" I am getting a Black Screen - Runes of Magic - Not Responding is because ... there is a Patch being applied?

If so ... when can we sign on?

• yes that means the server is off and this is normal that your window does not respond

If you remember, when we log in now from the Gameforge Client we bypass the old initial logon. Thus I believe the reason we get the Not Responding is because like before, the game cannot connect to the logon server yet and simply times out.

• Ahh .. ty all ... (good lord I spent an hour thinking I was doing something wrong.)

I did similarly to you, but not for that long.

When all else fails, check the Forums. And imagine how many ROM players don't actually do that and are running around with their heads cut off screaming that the sky is falling and cursing Gameforge lol.

• When all else fails, check the Forums. And imagine how many ROM players don't actually do that and are running around with their heads cut off screaming that the sky is falling and cursing Gameforge lol.

Well usually we get a update when the maintenance takes longer but there is none so far in the maintenance thread

SoVvjsU.png

• When all else fails, check the Forums. And imagine how many ROM players don't actually do that and are running around with their heads cut off screaming that the sky is falling and cursing Gameforge lol.

Well usually we get a update when the maintenance takes longer but there is none so far in the maintenance thread

True, it might be helpful to post an occasional... "Still working on patch upload, please be patient" but in the end I'm cool with the staff and engineers focusing their time getting it right, or fixing bugs and issues rather than constantly dealing with forum questions.

• Ahh .. ty all ... (good lord I spent an hour thinking I was doing something wrong.)

I did similarly to you, but not for that long.

When all else fails, check the Forums. And imagine how many ROM players don't actually do that and are running around with their heads cut off screaming that the sky is falling and cursing Gameforge lol.

I thought that my ROM client was damaged because windows reloaded my computer today.

I planned to reinstall ROM Client.
    It would be funny to see dark window after reinstallation again :)

• If you are using Windows 8 or 10, please restart your computer using the "Restart" option and see if this resolves the issue.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

:D:D:D

It would be better, if there would be a better programming on this shitty tool or at least some advice on what process to kill in the task-manager. Always "restart" the PC is not always an option - especially when there are more programs running at that time...