New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • This happens:

1. it checks for AutoStartup

2. it connects to a webpage and gets a "200" from an M$ IIS server

3. it starts gls.exe and writes "Installing ...."

4. output "Installation of Gameforge Client."

5. checks if "C:\\Program Files\\GameforgeClient\\unins000.exe" is "protected"

6. tries to load "C:\\windows\\system32\\msxml2.dll" but failes

7. it shows the startpage of the new GF Launcher with a loginpage.

• Well on my supported operating system its working fine. Launcher doesn't startup and have currently had 0 issues, neither has anyone else using this method from a supported operating system.

• Best guess:

starting it from a console does not pass the parameter.

Case in point:

from Command prompt in Win10 => Client.exe nocheckversion --> launcher

running the same from a shortcut made by the windows GUI with the parameter added-> Client.exe starts.

so you're not passing the parameter properly.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

If it doesn't anymore, the only official help in that regard will be "Please use the Gameforge Client and add your game accounts to it" ;-)

Unable to add the other accounts. I really hate contacting support when something should have been rolled out to the players before this type of change was made with instructions on what to do and what to do when things don't work as designed/desired (by GF, not the players in this case).

• Well on my supported operating system its working fine. Launcher doesn't startup and have currently had 0 issues, neither has anyone else using this method from a supported operating system.

Client exe does not open a window in any scenario, thats excatly my problem atm.

I believe, that if it works with gfl again, it will work solo too and then i will use it happily ;)

BTW: it's argument is "NoCheckVersion" with capitals, same as the gfl is using as an argument.

The support has requested a lot of logs but went silence afterwards :(

• After uninstall, cleanup and install both the gameforge client and the game.

Press Start in the launcher:

Does not work, but what is it telling me?

A file is being opened?

Experiment: Place an empty file with name 'NoCheckVersion' in the game client map, and then press Start again:

So it is accessing this file in the game client map.

But does it make any sense?

It looks like it is trying to call the client with NoCheckVersion parameter, but for some reason the parameter is not passed to the client but instead interpreted as a file name.

Btw. the system is running Windows 7.

• New update no longer recognized my ROM installation directory. Even on high end gaming PC, 25mins to reverify it. Vuvuzela try and use my guide for NoCheckVersion above. You won't be able to login anyway if you added gameforge account, but checking if your client.exe will at least run the parameter or not.

• Logs provided are being passed on to the devs (with pretty much the entirety of the ticket and other attachments as context) but if neither we found a solution on our own nor GF internal support has a known one, we simply have to wait to hear back from them.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Cenre, already tried that and indeed it works as you explained. It gives the old login screen, but no chance to login since all game accounts are already moved to GF account.

But I succeeded to solve it nevertheless. Guess what? Somewhere else on my PC is another client.exe present, which has nothing to do with Gameforge or Runes of Magic.

And the launcher decided to NOT call the correct Client.exe in the game map, but instead to call the client.exe somewhere else.

Removed the other client.exe and suddenly the launcher finds the correct Client.exe in the game map.

IMO this is a bug: the launcher should only look in the game map!

• Yes I know that it wouldn't log you in, was just curious if your client was rejecting the paramrter or not. I had similar issue earlier when client decided to copy itself over and start running from another folder when I launched an update for gf launcher. But glad to hear it's solved

• Just curious, is there a way to just start all your account clients? What used to take 3-5 minutes now takes 10-12.

• what i don't get that you are still "online" even after you closed game hours ago and yes in taskmanager is no rom running so only option is just to restart PC

so far has this new launcher experience has been pure pile of poo

SoVvjsU.png

• what i don't get that you are still "online" even after you closed game hours ago and yes in taskmanager is no rom running so only option is just to restart PC

You need to kill in task manager Gameforge Client, not rom. Then when you start the Gameforge Client again you will be able to start rom from it.

Yep.

------------- NAWIA - najlepszy polski serwer! ;) -------------

When that happen to me i kill de "wbp.exe" process in task manager, its separate of "Runes of magic" processes and then the button "play" works well again

what i don't get that you are still "online" even after you closed game hours ago and yes in taskmanager is no rom running so only option is just to restart PC

You need to kill in task manager Gameforge Client, not rom. Then when you start the Gameforge Client again you will be able to start rom from it.

I'll try that next time instead wbp.exe

Friesstail Mago100/Alcaide100/Druida100/Explorador100/Guerrero100/Pícaro100

Robotijo Campeador100/Pícaro100/Brujo100/Sacerdote100/Mago70