New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • they're delusional if they dont realize that 75% of this community has at least 1 shared account between them as its such a small tight-knit community, and sometimes such cases are needed in order to get a run going if a key person is missing, which now can't happen anymore as each account can only be added to 1 master account, which as fifio said is a huge security risk as someone you previously had a relationship with can just take over your account without warning if you have not had a chance to add all your accounts before them.

Retired -- Until new server, then will return for 1-2 days.

Give me back my 4x Silent seal :thumbup:

• Thanks for replying, I have tried with and without autologin. I have tried with a fresh install and added one addon at a time. I think I started with auto except invite and it didnt work. I tried come on in, lootomatic, and a couple mail addons. None of them worked. The only addon I can make work is autologin, but it doesnt do anything after youre in the game. Thats when I have addon problems. I uninstalled RoM, defragged drive, wiped all blank space on drive, did all windows updates, scanned for any virus, and restarted computer twice. Now its 46% downloaded again. Im going to try to see if macros work clean and then try to add a single addon at a time again. Meanwhile, I'm looking for another game to play.

I hope you all get this fixed because I have enjoyed the game for a long time (have never played another game for any real time) but its just not realistically playable without addons (who wants to make a T13 weapon manually).

• This latest itteration of the GF game launcher does not remember my logon information regardless of how many times put a check in the box. Besides getting used to the cumbersome method I now have to use to log in the alt account I really don't like the game launcher not taking me to my game and instead trying to get me to go to another game in the GF "family".

• When pressing Start in the Gameforge Client an Error popup appears with text:

Unable to open LRN file: NoCheckVersion

and the game does not start.

Verify installation or Uninstall and Install does not help.

Any idea to get the game started is appreciated. Thx!

• I play from Steam and do not have any launcher at all anymore.

Which is pretty great actually because it was only an unnecessary double click...

• Tried to enter support page and now it shows me mistake *The data you entered is incorrect.* Before new laucher all was ok, it's also new feature of new laucher? I didn't change anything how it can be incorect??? :cursing:

p.s u said if i have problems with new laucher i should contact support, but how to contact with it now?

newbie w/m 8)

• Tried to enter support page and now it shows me mistake *The data you entered is incorrect.* Before new laucher all was ok, it's also new feature of new laucher? I didn't change anything how it can be incorect???

The support account is separate from your game or gameforge account, so maybe you registered account before with different credentials?

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• Tried to enter support page and now it shows me mistake *The data you entered is incorrect.* Before new laucher all was ok, it's also new feature of new laucher? I didn't change anything how it can be incorect???

The support account is separate from your game or gameforge account, so maybe you registered account before with different credentials?

u think i'm dumb or smth? read my messege again, Before new laucher all was ok ( that means i used support before, no? )

newbie w/m 8)

• they're delusional if they dont realize that 75% of this community has at least 1 shared account between them as its such a small tight-knit community, and sometimes such cases are needed in order to get a run going if a key person is missing, which now can't happen anymore as each account can only be added to 1 master account, which as fifio said is a huge security risk as someone you previously had a relationship with can just take over your account without warning if you have not had a chance to add all your accounts before them.

Account Sharing is against the rules. Always was, never changed anywhere. This is a breach by both parties. The person giving away their account data and the person using it.

If you now decide to add an account not belonging to you and this person finds out, they can of course submit a ticket and we will reverse this. But as said, breach; and they all might face a sanction.

• So is running the game with NoCheckVersion and logging in the normal way allowed or is it an offense?

For managing lots of alts the RoM addons are superior to GF launcher at least in some cases even though the launcher does seem as an improvement over non-addon logging in (except maybe secondary password)

• It's not forbidden but not supported by us - and, never was, as it's not the regular way to login even pre-new launcher.

It also might not work forever but no one knows as of yet. So if it works, good for you, as long it does.

If it doesn't anymore, the only official help in that regard will be "Please use the Gameforge Client and add your game accounts to it" ;-)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Once it works properly, it certainly has some perks even if our powerusers disagree, but currently it unfortunately is still quite a mess ;)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• So is running the game with NoCheckVersion and logging in the normal way allowed or is it an offense?

For managing lots of alts the RoM addons are superior to GF launcher at least in some cases even though the launcher does seem as an improvement over non-addon logging in (except maybe secondary password)

Can you or someone else enlighten me about this NoCheckVersion thing?

Currently I cannot play the game because when pressing Start in the Gameforge Client I get an error:

Unable to open LRN file: NoCheckVersion

• Go to your runes of magic folder, right click Client.exe > create shortcut. Right click new shortcut > properties. In the "target" field add a space then NoCheckVersion on the end.

8816a3a18a63b0b1e990f8914212ed20.png

This will then launch the game to login screen. This does only work however if you have not added your account to gameforge new account system as this changes your password. You will however still need to launch gameforge launcher and make an account for this to patch your client(use a new email that isnt registered to any game account).

• Go to your runes of magic folder, right click Client.exe > create shortcut. Right click new shortcut > properties. In the "target" field add a space then NoCheckVersion on the end.

This will then launch the game to login screen. This does only work however if you have not added your account to gameforge new account system as this changes your password. You will however still need to launch gameforge launcher and make an account for this to patch your client(use a new email that isnt registered to any game account).

Unfortunately I have already added all game accounts to the Gameforge account. So this will not work. Guess I have to wait until the launcher is fixed. Already have issued a ticket about this.

Thanks for the reply!:thumbup:

Account Sharing is against the rules. Always was, never changed anywhere. This is a breach by both parties. The person giving away their account data and the person using it.

If you now decide to add an account not belonging to you and this person finds out, they can of course submit a ticket and we will reverse this. But as said, breach; and they all might face a sanction

Oh really? I guess we should notify the majority of the remaining players about their ban duration's then... Like I said, delusional.

Fix.Things.Before.Release.

It's really that simple, and don't think I'm blaming any gm's here for any of this, its obvious all the fault belongs to gameforge, it just aggravates me when gm's, whom are suppose to be the middle men/woman of the company and players sides with the company on such a horrible release for the players. I'm not asking for you guys to fix it, just that you acknowledge CLEAR problems in the application, and be our voice of what needs fixing. again tho, BEFORE release >.>

Retired -- Until new server, then will return for 1-2 days.

Give me back my 4x Silent seal :thumbup:

• I use a different add-on for each account.

To save the add-on settings to a different location for each account, the runas command used to change the windows user that starts the client.

I want to do the same with a new launcher.

Do you have any tips?

Problem is, this starts the GFL and not the game. Just checked.