New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • It's the same as currently: imagine that you don't remember your account login or email - how you access it? You can't, because you don't remember email so you don't get password reset. So you need to contact Support and we help you restore access.

It will be similar later, if you don't remember credential to RoM account, you can't add it to GF Acc, so you need to contact us. It doesn't mean you need Support every time to add/access RoM accounts, you need our help only if you don't remember account data - if you do, you link it yourself and all fine.

Even if you do remember, it's not sure, that you will get the email. GF uses unencrypted mailserverconnections and per EU DP regulations, possible data transports need to be encrypted. GF refuses to become member of the year 2019, so mails get lost, and thats only one way. one other is, that their mailserver does not even try to send mails at all. no idea why.

• So if I use the steam client, how can I login to my character on the US servers? When hit the button, it sent me to the European servers, with no chance to change my region to the US servers.

Reni Veteran. Pretty much retired at this point.

Aeterna -

Elebrith 80/59/37 Wd/S/R

Phoenix -

Elebrith 100/100/55/50 W/M/Wd/S

Astoria 100/100/60 K/P/W

• What a crap. Sorry, but I've been trying all day to get that new monstrosity you call launcher to work. No matter what, it still complains Loginname/Password Error. Unable to login. My Loginname as well as my Password haven't changed the last few months, until this new launcher I was able to login perfectly fine!

Change the launcher!! It doesn't work for the majority of players!

• so far added 12 and only 6 works rest is pw/account error and i did add them exactly same and i know my accounts and pw

so seems the issue is in the launcher i even had the password to show option so i dont type any mistakes and read it many times before adding

SoVvjsU.png

• NEW LUNCHER

IF crash in SW you need 5 min to show the buton PLAY sorry this is hard to respond, if crash in minigame or instance you cant log in back same location.

and no more compability with Windos Xp to work more smotly,

"Make the new game on 64 biti and more memory use''

• Can't quit gameforge client, it say : The client cannot be closed as the game is still running. And u can only retry or cancel this action :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, tho i closed game like 20 minutes ago, so i need to close process manually in task manager, very nice new laucher :S

newbie w/m 8)

• ....game is designed 10 years ago....for win xp 32 bit....99 % of game is unchanged...

only changes are from Gameforge and they messed it.....without warning ....

...they can only use Win 10 and 64 bit for monetizing nothing else....this is simple bullying....and i hope if they charged Google and Facebook they do same with smaller fishes....first they deleted 200k accounts with real money converted to dias ( extra profit greed by saving power of servers )....now they complicate with accessibility to

game....and new install is over 12GB atm....and do i need to mess with support tickets ? after so many years ?....

....show as names and pictures of this new programmers ...and send this post to shareholders of GF.....and see how many days will keep they jobs...or one who hired them...

...this is pure amateur work....

...and theres no excuses ..we listen them for years.....

• Can't quit gameforge client, it say : The client cannot be closed as the game is still running. And u can only retry or cancel this action :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, tho i closed game like 20 minutes ago, so i need to close process manually in task manager, very nice new laucher :S

be happy, your game client starts at least. mine doesn't and it gives me the same error messages ;)

• Coming late from hard real life day work...

Launch my game...

Hey what's happening my game install some new things...

Try to connect...

Hey it works... Go for dinner...

After dinner try to reconnect... Hey it doesn't work any more ! Say my password is wrong but I did not change it !

Click on forgotten password... Try to remember my email password... Don't remember... Proceed to forgotten email password... No mail with code from GF... Click another time on forgotten password... Got a mail... Damned says that it is a bad code... A long time after the second mail come... Give the code...

It says i should choose my new password... Write my password... Get an error... Go to previous step... Click, get a new error...

After two hours at least I am connected...

Want to talk to my pals on vocal. Push to talk doesn't work with GF launcher on... And another game I am playing with doesn't work any more...

You know what ? I will neither ever play to another GF game ! Runes of Magic will be the first and last one. You at least obtain this great result...

Good night folks

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited 2 times, last by Renovatio: orthograph ! ().

• Code
    1. At least he could connect, I've been trying to connect for 6 hours and he gives me the blessed mistake "password wrong
  • I can't play. The new launcher has my correct account name, email address, region, but blocks me with this:

"Unable to apply patch. Please repair your game."

The game was working fine right up to the time the new launcher took over.

• Oakleaf check if there is any runes of magic process still running in the background, via task manager. Close all of it and try restarting a few times if it doesn't work. took me a few tries but finally got in

• I can't play the game. Downloaded the new launcher, checked that the installation was correct, added my account and when I click the "Play" button nothing happens.....

• I just got a chance to play with the new launcher. I have two accounts, and I play on a desktop. My gf has two accounts, and she plays on a laptop. Sometimes we switch computers, so we decided to keep all the accounts separately and not link any of them together. We just log out from launcher and log in with a different account. We can do it while one instance of ROM is running.

Also, we were able to log in without any problems. I guess we remembered our usernames and passwords and location we play at. Every time we log in, the launcher tells us an account has been created, but I guess that's fine as long as we can log in.

I had the game crash on me, and the launcher kept saying that the game is running and wouldn't close, so I just killed the launcher - gfclient.exe. I also wrote a small script to kill the launcher and start it again:

Code
    1. taskkill /IM gfclient.exe /F
    2. start launcher.exe

Save this as a batch file (*.bat) where the game is installed and create a shortcut to it. You can use it to start the launcher, too, not just restart it.

It would be nice not to have to kill the launcher, though.

So far I don't see any big issues. I like that if you close the client but not the launcher, you can log back in without entering the first password (and if you log in within certain time, without entering the second password either). I can now restart the client faster when I feel like it's gonna crash.

• Hello

This new GF toy is not accepting my secondary password!

Where can I check what it wants, it keep banning me for 2h so far

Once you added your RoM account, click on account setting in GF Launcher - it will open old account management page on website. There you can reset the 2nd password for this RoM account - the link will be send to email address.

So if I use the steam client, how can I login to my character on the US servers? When hit the button, it sent me to the European servers, with no chance to change my region to the US servers.

Please read the information on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/1630790506920018187/

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg