New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • - smoother and less broken patching/installing system

In 7 years and 8 months I only had patching problems once, and I have installed RoM last time some years ago without any problem even from GameforgeLive - so regarding these points the new launcher can't be of any advantage for me

Same here

But it´s the same story as always

- tons of feedback what needs to be improved (ingame, shop, balancing, SW, ...)

- tons of feedback which is just ignored

- 'selling' super cool new stuff which nobody needs, nobody asked for and in the end will not work better than the one before (look at itemshop - the super new one with more errors, less flexibility,...)

- lot of players asking questions or having concers - being ignored

What happened to all the open points which are left from the Phelan feedback? Can Celes say anything about this?

What happens to different settings regarding addons - possible with this new launcher? (Cenre asked before but was ignored)

What will improve with the new launcher, except the updates which are working quite well over 98% of the time?

• The new launcher seems to work fine, but I don't see how I can have more than one instance of the game running at a time. We need to be able to run more than one account at a time to play the game.

• After you started the game, open the window of the GF client again, change game accounts and click "Play".

The new launcher seems to work fine, but I don't see how I can have more than one instance of the game running at a time. We need to be able to run more than one account at a time to play the game.

//edit: Of course, you first need to add the second game account to your GF Account.

• That worked, but I made a mistake and setting up an account. I linked it to the old email address and now it wont let me link it to my main email account. Do I need to put in a ticket? I'm getting the message, "An account using this email address already exists".

Edited once, last by Erich1999 ().

• Hi, any, better simply, way how to disconnect connected account from master one?

Once you linked your game account to a GF account, there is no way to unlink the accounts.

Only exception is if your game account got linked to a wrong GF account (e.g. used wrong email or to the Master account of another family member), in which case, please submit a ticket to support so that we your game accounts get moved to the proper GF account.

• between the item shop, and now this, it is very, very, VERY clear not one person, listens to anything players say on these forums, and again yall keep wondering why there is never activity on these forums, old and new.

Nobody asked for this, but alas here it is, with the mentality of "deal with it, or quit", which is pretty much the standard flagbearing message with GF.

So I download this new launcher ( as I am forced to) and it starts downloading a patch... fails everytime… says "Unable to apply a patch, please repair your game")

The game ive been logging into for 10 years, with never a hitch, I now cannot log into. GG GF.

To add for an edit, I just did a fresh install from THE GAMEFORGE WEBSITE, couple months prior.

Lolol lets add more to the equation. Shut GF client down, restart it, doesn't tell me to repair my game, tells me im already playing.. and wont load up. smh.

Only GF can reinvent the wheel and make it square.

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

Edited once, last by FarmerTom ().

• As I have been told (I still have not been able to try) the new GameForge launcher is already necessary to access Runes of Magic. The convenience of associating several RoM accounts with the GameForge account has been commented on but there is an issue that has not been explained and is capital for the vast majority of players and is the logging of several multiple pjs in different teams (PC) being in RoM accounts separate but associated with the same GameForge account.

This is capital because many of us play simultaneously with several pjs and if you do not let log the same GameForge account on two PCs at the same time you associate all RoM accounts to the same GameForge account and it does not make sense or utility.

I understand that it is a topic that I could explain well before anyone associates accounts without knowing if they will be able to use them simultaneously.

Greetings and thanks in advance for the help.

• Hi i might have wrong clicked when i linked an account and now it thinks i play on north american everytime while my chars are on europe but i cant change it somehow.

• Also what the point of gameforge live now? It's useless now? This new launcher selfdownloaded and selfinstalled and worked similar to virus, u can't decline install or stop it :thumbdown::cursing: If u click start game at gameforge live this *new* thing opens automatically :S Also i chosed europe server at account login and started game and it gave me to chose from NA servers :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, like wt.f, very negative first impressions :thumbdown::cursing:

newbie w/m 8)

• Hi i might have wrong clicked when i linked an account and now it thinks i play on north american everytime while my chars are on europe but i cant change it somehow.

Slayernab which region have you selected?

You can change the region settings in the top right corner, next to your language and account settings.

Spectromortal what exactly is your question?

Also i chosed europe server at account login and started game and it gave me to chose from NA servers

Naughtyboy Please check, if you really have selected the correct region. (See my explanation higher in the post.) Should the issue persist, please contact support.

• So, is auto login not a supported addon? is it now useless with new launcher? if so, why?

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• If I associate all my Runes of Magic accounts with a single GameForge account, will I be able to simultaneously launch these Runes of Magic accounts on the same PC as on several PCs?

• So, is auto login not a supported addon? is it now useless with new launcher? if so, why?

We never supported any addons.

Addons are created by users to make the game easier and adjust to their preferences, so we can't possibly offer any kind of support for addons.

If I associate all my Runes of Magic accounts with a single GameForge account, will I be able to simultaneously launch these Runes of Magic accounts on the same PC as on several PCs?

You can definitely use multiple game accounts connected to the same GF account at the same time.

Didn't test if you can stay active with the same GF account on multiple devices, but even if not, you should still be able to play on multiple devices with game accounts connected to the same GF account by logging out from one GF launcher after you started the game and logging in to it on the other device.

• yeah, to link your accounts you oly require Accountname and password.

After linking, all game accounts will have the same mail - the one you used for creating your new GF account.

Also, support needs a separate registration; it is not connected to the game.

• How does one fix entering the wrong PW when linking a game account? A friend cannot log in and there is option to change the password from the gameforge account, is there a way to remedy this or does he have to make a ticket?