New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Is this going to be a forced compliance? I have no interest in any other Game Forge Games and am quite content with the current Log-in system. I had feared Game Forge was going to try and shove Steam down my throat hoping they are not doing this with their Launcher!!!:cursing:

• Looks like it will be forced, Nostale was their first game they did it with, and whilst originally migrating to master accounts were optional it was now made mandatory. Chances are the old accountsDB will be removed so even if you could get to rom login, you wont be able to login.

This new launcher sounds like it will suck.

• I am very tired of things forced upon us that no-one asked for or even wants

for example the lovely Itemshop that still doesn't work after years, every day everyone battles with it and nothing is being done to fix it

i simply wish the resources and time would be put to something that would make the game better for us and not the opposite

but i guess that is too much to ask for

SoVvjsU.png

• Advantages of using and the forced to use that's a load. Advantages of using sounds like a choice. I swear it seems GF is trying to run away the remaining players in game. I know 100 dollars a month is not a lot but I will not be buying Diamonds until I see the results of the ADVANTAGES.

• Does not look as if anyone from GF is going to reply to this question, maybe they do not know, maybe they just are going to do it and do not care what we say or ask. Have asked here and Face Book both with no official response.

• For users not using Steam the migration will definitely be mandatory.

As of the information we have now, Steam users will not be affected. Can change in the long run, though.

Can we log more than one master account at the same time atleast?

1) You can start multiple game accounts from the same Master account at the same time. Its just 3 clicks to switch from one game account to another and another one to start a new client.

2) If you split up your game accounts onto several master accounts for whatever reason, then you will have to log into a Master account, start the game with the game accounts linked to it. Then log out of the Master Account and log into the second Master Account and then start the game for the game accounts linked there.

Less convenient than option 1)? Yes.

But at this point, that has been your personal choice.

• Thank you Diogenes, it's nice to have at least some information.

Could you please also clarify the following.

1) Are there any limitations on how many game accounts can be linked to one master account?

2) Is it possible to run multiple launchers at once?

• 1) Are there any limitations on how many game accounts can be linked to one master account?

We told GF techs about the fact that some RoM users have 100+ game accounts.

They informed us that it should be possible, if not particularly pretty.

2) Is it possible to run multiple launchers at once?

Didn't test it, but I doubt it.

• I appreciate the response but THIS IS AGAIN a Slap In The Face to loyal Runes of Magic players that have stayed while thousands of others have left! Kind of makes us feel we placed our time, money, and Support in The wrong Game!

• And when is this going to start ... and how long does one have to "change over"?

And is there going to be anybody online to help as fast as possible when things go wrong (again)?

Is there a trial period to see if this launcher is buggy or not?

and what happens if it is and we lose our accounts?

• Would forcing you to use the GF launcher not imply taking the game off of Steam?

No, having GF Launcher doesn't imply we are taking game off Steam.

Only difference for Steam users is they will no longer have RoM Game Launcher and instead they will have region selection popup.

and what happens if it is and we lose our accounts?

No accounts should be lost - we are not moving game databases, you will just link RoM (or other games) accounts to Gameforge Account, but game accounts will be still in normal database.

Maybe you won't be able to access them, because you don't remember the data to link them, but our Support will be there for you to help in such cases.

this launcher is buggy or not?

So far, I heard new launcher is installing/patching RoM more smoothly than RoM Launcher, so it's a big plus ^^

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• No accounts should be lost - we are not moving game databases, you will just link RoM (or other games) accounts to Gameforge Account, but game accounts will be still in normal database.

Maybe you won't be able to access them, because you don't remember the data to link them, but our Support will be there for you to help in such cases.

...not being able to access my accounts without Support?? This is what Gameforge wants to sell us as a big progress and improvement? :cursing::?: