New Launcher

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Houston, we've got a problem...

I you were concerned with players' experience you would know that crash and reconnect is THE great deal with this game...

So could you explain why when we crash we need to kill the GF client process for the button stay at "In Game" and do not come back to "Play" for an never-ending-time ?

So with this new launcher we have to input a mail adress which is more longer than a account short name, to click on next, to input the first password, to launch the client, to input the second password, to select the server, to select the character...

Crash was a big problem... it is now just intolerable !

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• Hope it´s possible to detach Accs from GF-Client

-> if so, write support

-> detach all Accs

-> use GF Client just for patch

-> use old launcher (with "NoCheckVersion" ) to run game as the last 10-11 years

• Hope it´s possible to detach Accs from GF-Client

-> if so, write support

-> detach all Accs

-> use GF Client just for patch

-> use old launcher (with "NoCheckVersion" ) to run game as the last 10-11 years

This is what ive been pushing friends/ppl to do on discord, however i dont see this lasting forever, given how gameforge obviously want players to use their client chances are they will ask Runewaker to disable the NoCheckVersion argument. There may be a further workaround after this too, but lets hope it doesnt come to that.

• Hello

I have added all my accounts and they working well now.

The problem with secondary password happened cos I first created account, than added my accounts onto it. So it is basically new account.

I contacted support, and also want to mention, connecting support via new launcher is leading to US support. So I recommend all to connect via forum link to support.

GL all :)

• Did you also download through the Client? Because if you have a fresh installation you need to copy your addons over

This is the worst part about asking for help on anything in this game. You replied to my post that clearly said "Yes they are installed, yes they all worked before." But, yes I did download through the client, and yes I copied everything from the Interface/AddOns folder over. And now I have uninstalled, reinstalled, re-copied the addons and guess what.... now addons and macros don't work either.

• So, is auto login not a supported addon? is it now useless with new launcher? if so, why?

Autologin works fine for me, its the only addon that is working though because it runs before the game starts.

• well hello friends,,,,,,,glad that some are able to get into the game but well im unable to do anything i tried to login and it updated to the new launcher :thumbdown:and ever since then all i get is " It appears that the gameforge client cannot connect to the gameforge client service.

well after a hour of this crap i uninstalled and reinstalled gameforge.....no shocker same crap happens also....game is designed 10 years ago....for win xp 32 bit....99 % of game is unchanged...fix the game dang come on its 2019 almost ever game out there is 64bit now unless your playing stuff from the stone age...:/ and heres a screen shot this crap is not acceptable ......i also noticed that the cummunity managers picking what to reply on looks to me that they only replying on stuff that isnt blasting them about how they just messed everything up.....

oh yeah i put a ticket in on it 3days ago and just checked it nows says i put the ticket in today .....wth

my question to the cummunity managers is.....

ARE YALL GONNA FIX YOUR MESS UP ?:thumbdown:or:thumbup:

• Did you also download through the Client? Because if you have a fresh installation you need to copy your addons over

This is the worst part about asking for help on anything in this game. You replied to my post that clearly said "Yes they are installed, yes they all worked before." But, yes I did download through the client, and yes I copied everything from the Interface/AddOns folder over. And now I have uninstalled, reinstalled, re-copied the addons and guess what.... now addons and macros don't work either.

It was exactly not clear from your previous post that you were referring to a fresh installation with addons copied over, hence the question.

That an existing installation has addons is clear, so it seemed redundant.

The amount of people who tend to not know or forget that files do not magically move on their own is quite high, so imo it's a valid question ;-).

So, is auto login not a supported addon? is it now useless with new launcher? if so, why?

Autologin works fine for me, its the only addon that is working though because it runs before the game starts.

Try removing autologin for starters, this is causing lots of errors anyway.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Yesterday the game did not update me. I uninstalled the game, cleaned the Windows registry, and deleted all the folders related to the game from my pc.

I downloaded the GameForge installer and installed it. Create my GameForge account and download and install the game from the GameForge launcher.

Then I associated one of my Runes of Magic accounts with the GameForge account.

I try to enter the game and two things happen to me:

- The mouse clicks don't work for me either on the character selection screen or in the game. (It is the same mouse that I have been using for two years to play Runes and that mouse works perfectly in any other application on my pc).

- The game window appears to me with a fluorescent green frame very annoying to the eye.

Any possible solution?

• ...for all, that have registered their account in a country with no own server/language support.

The fix should have helped people from e.g. Scandinavia, Netherlands, Balkan, Turkey and whatever else.

this i don't buy i have friends that have no server/language support and can log all just fine and in my case i could log half

feels more like the real reason is too embarrassing

anyways doesn't matter i am thankful that the issue has been adressed and fixed in a reasonable time

and now my thought about the launcher and the issues i see in it

biggest flaw or risk is anyone that have your user info can add it to the master account without any problem and there is not even a email sent that it has been done to warn the real owner

yes i know it is against the rules to share your info but we all know couples, family and friends still do it and things can go sour and to harm other they might just do it for example

and next one is that game is seriously laggy i had at worst time 10 fps when normally it is 100-150 and also crashed which i never do normally

and also discovered that push to talk in discord is not working yes fix for that is to log discord as admin and works, still inconvenient

and if you crash you need to close the game from taskmanager again inconvenient

some said that hotkeys dont work while rom client is open

and yes all are very unhappy about the launcher that no-one wanted in the first place

SoVvjsU.png

• The issue had to do with "Register Language" and "Register Country" fields which were once upon a time stored correctly on account creation but do not correspond to actual game regions that exist or exist anymore.

Remember, until a couple of years ago the old dropdown in the launcher listed a lot of mostly European countries even for those who ultimately landed on the EN server anyway. It was hardcoded and defaulted to EN EU or EN US anyway.

So if both fields say ...uh.... LU for Luxembourg the client on the other hand would look for a LU game region or server and found none and promptly went into "does not compute - go away" mode :P

Other games never did it that way or like Metin2, have a bazillion *actual* regions with different servers for each. Each new game integration added comes with its own set of problems that need to be fixed :)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• The same problem was solved in our forum LINK.

"I recently received a report with the same problem. The culprit was the Comodo Internet Security antivirus and its "Sandbox" function. The result was a green frame around the launcher (as below) and no reaction when trying to confirm/cancel the OWK."

[Ukończone misje: 7277] [Zdobyte tytuły: 763] [Zdobyte karty: 1969]

RAScrn-Shot-20221112-17523236-cleanupoy.jpg

• Hi, does anyone know how to switch off pop-up info from new launcher?

i didnt see any 'pop-up info' yet, have you a screenshot of that?

Friesstail Mago100/Alcaide100/Druida100/Explorador100/Guerrero100/Pícaro100

Robotijo Campeador100/Pícaro100/Brujo100/Sacerdote100/Mago70