The state of the game & forum.

• If you have complaints about a specific GM falsely banning you or handling your ticket/request badly, feel free to contact their supervisor. If they cant help you, escalate it to their supervisors supervisor, their supervisors supervisors supervisor and so on. You know the drill.

wow. i see you really understand it. it is not a ticket or a ban. it is the "work" in the Forum as the topic said. you consciously avoid the questions. no idea how many times we have to write that.

Either get on with the actual topic of this discussion or stay away.

Anything else will be seen as offtopic and treated as such.

and what is the actual topic ? the state of the game & forum ? so what i / we write is off-topic ??

you can threaten as much as you want and ban me again. then the next one go ahead and write what we think!

Same goes obviously for any mismanagement of the forum or abuse of power, too.

Write a ticket, have it escalated to the superior.

::warned for offtopic ~ Diogenes::

• This post may be a little speculation because I do not have the exact statistics but the post is written based on my observations.

I see quite some new players in the low level area zones every day. Some are alts, some are returning players and some are actually new players. The returning and new players seem motivated to play (again) but do not really seem to get past level 50-60. Pretty logical because it is easy to get level 50 with Coast of Opportunity or even the 14kk quest in Moorlands of Farsitan. But back in the day I experienced level 50-60 as very fun because of the serious instances and mems farming.

So what has changed? In my opinion the big difference is the way in which the level 50-55 instances are run. Back in the day you could do the instances with 6 or more people of your level and work together, which was a lot of fun. Nowadays you can get only 3 players of your own level for an instance, which is usually not enough. Therefore people get dragged through the instances by a level 100 in record speed. No fun, excitement or tactics experienced by the low levels and they seem to leave the game quickly after doing some of these runs.

So what might be a solution? In my opinion it would be a good idea to add another mode to instances. Something like custom mode or someting and this mode should work the same as GM: level based. Give all the mobs in the instance for example half the strength if there is nobody in the party who is 10 levels higher than the instance. In that case low level players will even with low numbers (2 or 3 players) enjoy one of the most fun parts of the game at their level: instances.

• Quote from Sarkas

Using alts is forbidden by the rules but tolerated by the RoM teams

Quote from Celes

Multiple RoM Accounts Made Easy

All your Runes of Magic accounts are linked in your Gameforge account. Gone are the days of constantly logging in and out with different usernames and passwords. Simply choose the account you want to play on in the client, and away you go! You can even play with multiple RoM accounts at the same time!

These two statements seem very contradictory, first you tell us its against the rules, now the people who MAKE the rules are actively encouraging us to use alts and have made it easier to use them, and you wonder why players are confused as hell and want a statement.

This situation needs to be dealt with, were now into the 2nd page, countless people have raised concerns and still nothing has been said or done, a CM, Team Manager or Game Admin needs to make a statement on this matter.

• I misphrased myself, sorry about that. It was about using a dozen of alts at the same time is forbidden by the rules but tolerated. Tolerated is a term we use when we think there's no harm to the overall gameplay, but when that just isn't the case anymore actions be taken. Always been like that and never changed in the past. We only don't go for witch hunts, because we put a great deal of trust in our players with that and is completely unrelated to the linked announcement.

Also 8 isn't countless, while 2 of them aren't even playing on our servers. That's not even close to what anyone can call countless. We are open for suggestions as always and it doesn't have to be countless, but in the same way we require minimum of representation. And that's just not the case when everything we get is only some flames.

Phrase your concerns, say what you want to bring across we are here to listen, but we don't have to eat up what you try to press down our throats in a manner like that.

• Who cares who is playing on what server? The rules are the same for every server! Half the EN gms dont play on our servers, does that make your point invalid too?

Let me bring back my point i made in the first post, how is using alts to solo wb or hoe any less damaging to the game then people abusing dailies??

IF guilds wanted or cared about world bosses they would go there, one person CANNOT beat a guild. Fact. The point is most guilds dont care about them because gameforge has ruined any value or worth of owning proofs by the countless proof events they have implemented.

• First of all, i find so funny some ppl, who complains about game official rules or "unwriten ones", dont care at all about forum rule. I'm wondering if they want to actually contribute to this discussion or sabotage it.

To be on topic, I think transparency when possibile is always welcome.

For a long time we had a gray zone about what was permitted to do in SW, till GF drew up he current rules. Maybe we can get a draft similar to that one regarding alts?

Would be nice, even in consideration of this new laucher that touch alts matter too, to get a set of "hints" so player are not caught by surprise if they ignore borderline situation.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• feel free to contact their supervisor. If they cant help you, escalate it to their supervisors supervisor, their supervisors supervisors supervisor and so on.

Diogenes what are you talking about and why none ansver who is CM supervisor?

Just now after 6 days of waiting on ticket CM marked it as readed and didnot bother even to ansver. In what state must be game that even bigest boss of EU dont even bother to do his job? There is no point to fingerpoint on thees others if the main one just dont care.

Also Cen post is like +15 likes already. How much you need to finaly start think about players?

Tolerated is a term we use when we think there's no harm to the overall gameplay, but when that just isn't the case anymore actions be taken. Always been like that and never changed in the past. We only don't go for witch hunts, because we put a great deal of trust in our players.

How one can run on "tolerated" rules? What stops you to ban all players in server cause in rules alts are forbiden? Only then GF will not get any $ and someone will come and look whats there.

You realy want to talk about trust?

I always supported game at my max. Nice dias purchases evry week, video on youtube to atleast somehow make game popular, always was refering ROM like nice game with lot of fun staf to do and nice comunity. And I always playd fair. Yet I got treated like sh...t.

So what trust you talk about e?

Also about wolrd boses. So you cant use 8 alts but can use less?

Just now few hours ago wolrd boss got killed atleast with 3-4 alts. So what now? GM will ban that guy or its oky? Do you tolerate 3-4 alts + sigili kill or you not? Give me some insights Im really curious!!!

Do GMs fawor some special players and let them do wbs or punishing all?

Edited 3 times, last by Terrag ().

• Clarification of SW rules was a big step forward indeed.

But on a bigger scale it's a perfect demonstration of the problem this topic is focused on. After the announcement players made tons of follow-up questions and inquires. And how many of them are known to be answered? Zero.

Fortunately, GMs are more active in this thread than one could anticipate so let's hope we eventually get some answers.

• It's all about issues you bring to our attention for many years. For so many years now there is one drama after another. It is all happening because you can't play together, instead you come to us. And now we are here, finding solutions that go along with the game and forum rules. We abide by them and can and will expect the same from our players. Don't wake a sleeping dog, if you are unhappy with the outcome. Just because a single rule hasn't been enforced for a while, it doesn't matter. We will assist where we see the possibility to do so, because you have asked for it.

It's all the same literally everywhere within the game and within the team.

You can as said many times come up with suggestions, if you wish to have a change.

And within the same post I'll gladly repeat myself: A suggestion is only accepted with an appropriate manner. Which none of you has showed until now.

What do you expect? Throwing up into a thread would make the difference? Sorry to disappoint. It's still not working.

• Pro

Alts = Ah

Alts = diamond request for gear

VS

alts = daily farm

BAN Alt = bye bye ( i 've spend real money for them -> i've work for take real money ->i'm not rich and when/if you have a real hard work you understand this but if you stay only in front a pc the point view is huge different)

• when it comes to world bosses just make them harder give it tactics more hp more defense or whatever so not one person can solo farm it and ruin the whole so called ROM economy which i hope i don't have to explain how that works. when its as easy as today people are using macros or

scripts which is not easily distinguishable from each other the only thing people have to go on is what they say which cannot be counted as "evidence".

Making world bosses harder would remove the advantage one player could get with macros/scripts which i get the feeling most of the topic is about.

yes i do agree that rules need to be clarified a bit more about what is and isn't allowed, i do know there isnt a yes and no anwer there are some grey areas that need more explanation when it comes to sw or pve.

• Making world bosses harder would remove the advantage one player could get with macros/scripts which i get the feeling most of the topic is about.

Far from it, the point in general is clarification from the GMs/Gameforge on a range of topics. One of the main points is about usage of alts, which yes, includes alts at world bosses, but goes much deeper then that as if you ban for abuse of alts at world bosses there are far worse situations to use them in.

As ive said now for years over countless topics, redesign the entire world boss system so that it drops stats not proofs. During events give out bound proofs or give out stats as part of an event, release stats into the game rather then people hording proofs. Then yes, make the world bosses not soloable, add tactics that are a challenge, like lagusen and targonharl.

But again, just clarify the damn rules of what is and is not allowed and actually enforce the rules to all players, you have log system for a reason, and if you want to make a stance against macros, take a look at the addons that are far worse then most macros.

• So whats the update here then? You haven't clarified almost anything. There is so many situations alts can be abused in and yet people still get away with it. Siege? is it fair that people bring 6ch/m and p/wl alts? Daily alts? Siege buffalts? the list is absolutely endless honestly.

PS: enforcing this rule changed absolutely nothing to stop solo farmers, just made it more difficult for the average person trying to grab some proofs and made the rules even more unclear then they already were.

• So far not impressed here. I keep getting errors trying to update to the launcher, and honestly I have no idea which email address I used 9 some odd years ago when I signed up for the game.

A bit later...

Now when I try to log in and request a password change it comes up with an error.

Hmm... what were the names of some of the new games that came out in 2019...

Note. Im afraid to even try to send a support ticket request since it appears people here in the forum are not getting decent responses from them.

Hopefully I can find something I backed up 3 pc's ago that will provide a clue as to which of my several emails I used for this game.

• Update...

I can finally get into both the Gameforge landing page AND ROM, however I had to use my old Rom client vs. new Gameforge icon.

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K" - Ted Theodore Logan