The state of the game & forum.

• As a long time player and someone who has spoken to a lot of people about the state of the game and forum recently, we all came to the same conclusion. The forum is trash and is rarely worth investing time into, and the game requires big changes that need addressing.

Let me start with the forum. Compared to the old forum, this one is dead. Only one section is remotely active and its is the German one and often its just the same trolls trading the usual crappy arguments back and forth, there is no real discussion. Simple threads where players discuss things are closed down, yes they may break some rules but discussion in this game is healthy, especially when it's about controversial topics like game rules. Yes the gms hold the power in the game, that much is evidently clear to the players (usually all enforced by one gm). English sw thread has now been closed for almost a year(atleast) and players have had to resort to other means just to be able to discuss their sieges, yes insults were thrown but I see no reason to block a thread that is one of the main ways to bring the community together.

I think I speak for a lot of players that would love an active forum that is alive and where discussions can be had about all form of topics, I'm sure this thread is closed and/or deleted preety quickly but I hope for the longevity of the game that it remains open so we can discuss the way forward for this game, as currently the spiral it's heading is not great. The gm team is looking quite small now a days with fewer and fewer each day, I wonder why when so many see the way that gms are forced to run this forum where again, discussions are clearly not allowed to be had if slightly controversial.

According to a reliable source, siege rules were enforced for one year before even being published to players, if this is true, this is an absolute outrage when players were asking for clarification for months about what is and is not allowed. Players should be informed what and why they were banned, not left guessing. The tos is very obscure and often the player has no clue the reason for their bans, you can disagree otherwise, but someone was recently banned for cheating and then found out today soloing wb is clearly against the rules, which leads me onto my next point.

What determines unfair advantage? To me using alts in Inis or to solo things is not unfair, if a player is skilled enough to play multiple chars at once that seems like other players issues who need to learn to play. Ofc if they're using scripts or bots it is against the rules but macros? No.

If you want to go against alts fine, but to me the alts that are damaging the game the most are the thousands of daily alts generating billions of gp into the game per day, this in itself ruins the economy far more then ppl soloing wb. Alts are needed to play this game, as f2p or due to lack of players or just for fun, blocking players on an unclear rule is just ridiculous as players don't even receive a warning for it, they can't even guess what unfair advantage is, as you only seem to ban for advantages that don't seem to profit you! I'm sure gms playing have alts they're doing dailies on which as I already explained is hurting the game far more then any other alts, and yet clearly people aren't being banned for this.

So please, for the longevity of the game, let the players discuss controversial topics. Be more open with players who may or may not break rules, let them actually put an appeal in, don't just write them the rule they broke or you think they broke as it does not offer clarity to anyone.

As I said above, I'm sure this thread Is closed or deleted but I hope otherwise as I'm sure a lot of players have their own opinions on it.

• Well. I mean to anyone thaz remotly follows the english thread its pretty clear what gm/ga we are talking about..

Everyone in the runes discord pretty much shares that opinion. Maybe thats something the EN coma should look into? Or get @Darcoon to get an unbiased opinion?

Not gonna call names now. But honestly the EN section has gone to crap because of one individual.....

Edited once, last by Torkilsd ().

• Well. Maybe for starters to show some willingness to change, to somehwat safe that com: re-open the sw thread and dont just close everything.

• Also clear rules of what is alowed and what is not must be posted.

Not " Tolerated". What is that?

And explained by GMs when you get in trouble, and not just copy paste from rule sections.

Edited once, last by Terrag ().

• First of all, noone is going to close this thread.

As long as everyone complies with board rules, there is no ground to do so.

But, and I will only say this once, flaming of or attacks against any team member will not be tolerated.

Everyone in the runes discord pretty much shares that opinion.

This might be the case, but the server is not GF sanctioned, and does not represent the whole player base, so we really can't take it into account.

---

Regarding siege war thread: board rules are not optional.

I will have a look if there's anything I can do about it, but honestly, if one single thread leads to such a big amount of rule breaking, chances are, it will be closed again soon after the reopening.

• Thanks for the response. Honestly I don't think at this point siege thread would be super active, but as said above. Would be a step in the right direction. Clarity with the community is something thag players truly need and is lacking.

• Man dio. We did much worse in the german thread...... And its still open :p

Also: i think if we take the EN com, most are in discord because they dont want to put up with that forum anymore. Criticizing a teammember is not forbidden. Thats neither attacking nor flaming. But the truth gotta hurt sometimes. And even if you cant take it into account. The need to write such a long start post shows that there may be something that should be looked at.....

• This might be the case, but the server is not GF sanctioned, and does not represent the whole player base, so we really can't take it into account.

okay that is fair. but what can we do ? where we can do that ?

flaming of or attacks against any team member will not be tolerated.

but that is exactly what is needed. not flaming, but talking About what is happening in the forum.

so what options do we have? leave forum is one and the most have done it.

but where is the possibility to talk to the CoMa and to complain? if ALL agree?

• Yeah why cant players discuss everything that on thier mind here?

Here and in game there is feeling like we are in at gestapo very often.

So why its like that? Why are we not happy? Is only way its tickets? Where like 90% of time there is no point to speak even with GM but go for CM. Cause they just copy past.

I would realy love to see this game back in its best days. Would love to see guys happy, with clear rules and fair game champs.

Something must change cause all this was going for years. So maybe we should start with changing support team to finaly see game improvemets.

Calling GMs the Gestapo and wanting to have them replaced is definitely not the way to go.

::warned for team flame ~ Diogenes::

• It's the team's duty to pay attention that players follow the rules - in game and also in the forum. We all know that.

But should'nt a forum that looks alive be at least equally important as your rules?

I can't believe that the team would be happy, the last player having left the forum, and therefore no rules being broken anymore. ;)

So please clarify the rules, and don't stop discussions at the very beginning!

• You can discuss the rules and guidelines and how they are enforced.

But not so subtely hinting at that one bad GM or calling us Gestapo or whatever will have consequences.

I do not see how this is limiting your discussion?

that is not true. when we staring discussing about the rules threads are closed directly.

but when i understand that corectly the team has the power to do what they want without any consequences for them ?

their is no way to talk to GF about the team and what they are doing here ? that the most of the comunity are the same mind about this forum ?

so only the team decides what can be said here and what not?

• Diogenes, thank you for replying. Not closing the thread is already a step forward.

Could you please also comment on the essence? Players do lack information about what's allowed and what's not. Official rules are too obscure. GM's decisions and policies are not explained. Even discussing the scarce information we have is suppressed.

For example, we can start with one of Cenre's questions. Whats is "unfair advantage"? Having alts? Using macro? Combining those?

• Personally i would also like an explanation of why they think their rules are fair to the players.

Doing group activities with alts is just a sign that the content is old. People solo farm world bosses for years, the better players can farm Hall of Earth 1-3, and the elite can farm Full ini. What is the problem with this? As long as they using macros not scripts, i'd say well done for the player being good at the game to do this. I think the big problem here is that gameforge cannot tell what is a script and what is a macro in this situation, so are trying to enforce a bs rule to try and avoid this.

Banning players for being BETTER AT THE GAME is simply absurd.

• This might be the case, but the server is not GF sanctioned, and does not represent the whole player base, so we really can't take it into account.

Wait, this sounds exceptionally weird. Allow me to recap:

1.) There is a concern shared by a huge part of the active player base.

2.) Voicing that concern is against the forum rules, any attempts doing so will get the post deleted and the poster sanctioned.

3.) Unless that concern is voiced on the forum it can't be taken into account by the ones making the forum rules.

This feels a lot like a catch 22 situation, maybe I'm missing something here?

• 2.) Voicing that concern is against the forum rules, any attempts doing so will get the post deleted and the poster sanctioned.

Team flame - as stated above - is against board rules. So anything that is directed against one GM in particular or is in any way defamatory or insulting will be taken down.

Same for people discussing *their* bans.

If you have an issue with a GF policy or the way it is enforced, you may discuss it, as long as you do not attack anyone (see examples above) or start discussing your own ban.

• Team flame - as stated above - is against board rules. So anything that is directed against one GM in particular or is in any way defamatory or insulting will be taken down.

Same for people discussing *their* bans.

If you have an issue with a GF policy or the way it is enforced, you may discuss it, as long as you do not attack anyone (see examples above) or start discussing your own ban.

so the team stands over all ? good to know.

seems so that there is probably no way to complain about the team, although the need is there. nice job.

i can only recommend anyone to leave the forum and join us on Discord. There are no restrictions.

• So, at this point you are just being deliberately obtuse.

If you have complaints about a specific GM falsely banning you or handling your ticket/request badly, feel free to contact their supervisor. If they cant help you, escalate it to their supervisors supervisor, their supervisors supervisors supervisor and so on. You know the drill.

Either get on with the actual topic of this discussion or stay away.

Anything else will be seen as offtopic and treated as such.