Watermelon event

• New events are cool, but i think this watermelon seeds need to be effected by droprate to make them easier to farm.

The dropchance might be low (3%), but what makes you think they would not be affected by increases to droprate?

Speaking to a lot of people that have seen 0 increase from buffing to over over 500% drop rate. Recieving 2-3 in 40mins full drop buffs seems unrealistic.

After a bit of brainstorming on IRC it's still not entirely clear how it works but there IS a possibility that the droprate buffs simply can not (practically) apply in this case. We just don't know for sure.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Playing as a lvl 96 killing lvl 94/5 mobs, I am getting much better drops than my wife who is lvl 100, killing lvl 96 mobs. Both of us are just using castle (30%) Lucky Target (75%) and pet (5%) frop buffs.

This suggests lvl diff is effecting drops at least, so using noobs or may honour party should work even if other buffs don't.

• The event is already disliked by many players. How about adding one seed to every mirrorworld mob like it was done during the anniversary event?

• After a bit of brainstorming on IRC it's still not entirely clear how it works but there IS a possibility that the droprate buffs simply can not (practically) apply in this case. We just don't know for sure.

After chatting with you last night, i tested it this morning which varying levels, buffs etc. Can preety confidently say that drop buffs, including server side bonuses, does not effect the global loot table. After killing hundreds of mobs, the amount of rolls on the table, guild runes & event items seems very consistent with or without buffs. Seems to be pure RNG how many you can farm in an hour.

• Well, I like the addition of the strange watermelon seed (stacking 10% hp/mp).

Scarlet seeds are not bound, so you wouldn't necessarily have to grind them yourself, you could just buy them off other players, for the ppl that collect titles or some shet. I agree that for others its not really worth doing, but since you can sell them other players could get a little bit of profit out of them.

I put mine in the AH for a bit (to check if they were indeed tradable) , this was no problem. I couldn't find them in the AH through the search function though, I probably did something wrong. But atleast they are tradable, so with a couple of worldshouts anyone collecting these might get their hands on enough seeds if they are willing to pay for them.

I also wouldn't mind as Cenre suggested, to make proofs from proof event bound on acc. A proof event would be nice to have soon. But maybe this new boss gives some similar loot once it works properly, not counting on it however.

• I can see that they say in German forums that this is a substitute for Proof Event.

I would like a confirmation on that.

Hi,

Please do not share incorrect information.

None of this event is any substitute of Proof of Myth event
    - it is true that DE players were asking to make "everyone's favourite" PoM event (as it was usually organized around this time, although there is nothing like "official PoM event schedule" and it can pop up at any time/season/occasion during the year), but CoMa Team clarified it by saying PoM event is not planned for this time and will probably come back on other date (we haven't abandoned them).

Simply put, we planned these particular events for this month, not PoM.

----

Also please check this information, thank you

Clarification regarding the Watermelon event and The Dasein’s Labyrinth

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• I haven't tried the watermelon event yet, not gonna bother if the drop rate is as terrible as everyone says.

However the maze event is quite nice. Yes, you mainly get crap but so far after about 8-9 runs i've got 4-5 +20 Jewels. And those aren't first-rate jewels like you get now from the updated loyalty bonus, so they should be worthwhile to farm. It's good to see a custom event, although it's a poisoned chalice because now the players can see it's possible so we will be expecting more in the future! :P

I would like to know if it's intended to be a solo event or not. I have seen other players during the event and that means fewer chests. On a run I just did I found only 2 red chests in 3 minutes. When do the chests reset?

• After a bit of brainstorming on IRC it's still not entirely clear how it works but there IS a possibility that the droprate buffs simply can not (practically) apply in this case. We just don't know for sure.

After chatting with you last night, i tested it this morning which varying levels, buffs etc. Can preety confidently say that drop buffs, including server side bonuses, does not effect the global loot table. After killing hundreds of mobs, the amount of rolls on the table, guild runes & event items seems very consistent with or without buffs. Seems to be pure RNG how many you can farm in an hour.

Farmed 1k+ mobs in Vortis both tonight and yesterday with 440 drop rate buff, got 17 scarlet seed yesterday and 18 today with 100% server buff.

I think Cenre can be right,

What is puzzling me is with a plain 3% drop rate i should get around 30ish every 1000 mobs, with 100% active around 60,

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• The server base does not increase the chance of rolling the global drop table, im assuming they activated it to test it, but it's useless.

Buffs effect NPC drops, not treasureobjects and as such doesn't increase the global table. I would suspect on monday they'll add these seeds elsewhere around the game in some shape or form, cause currently the title will be almost imossible to get.

• very usefull to get 50 seeds when u need 2750 seeds for both quests from NPC, even with 10% droprate (if it increase somehow with any drop buffs from 3% to 10%) u need to kill ~28k mobs, good luck with that :) impossible to do

newbie w/m 8)

• yes is imposible...and even drop this strange watermelon seed too whats make it more harder "got 150 and is totaly useless when dont even use ppl grassland mix potion in instance by overbuff"

• I would like to know if it's intended to be a solo event or not. I have seen other players during the event and that means fewer chests. On a run I just did I found only 2 red chests in 3 minutes. When do the chests reset?

Yes, solo. There is no requirement to party for drops, afaik.

2 is common. I have seen as many as 6 red chests, but I only got 1 purple chest.

The entry fee (increasing x4) resets to 250k at 2am (server time).

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• You can enter solo, but the maze is open ini since i saw another player in my maze. Sadly harder to find chest this way =(

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Unfortunately the zone for the boss is the same zone as the maze, so without making 2 seperate custom zones(which probably requires a lot of dB changes and lua from runewaker to adjust the tools currently made, this is the way it has to be for now.

• Thx guys, love today fix, now is totally worth and enjoyable =)

• We killed the boss on Vidar, at 19% it goes unattackable and gives the rewards. However upon re-entering the boss is not aggro-able, it is at 100% but can't be pulled. And even people who have not done the boss cannot pull it, is there a cooldown on it or is the script broken?