Some ideas on Siege War

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Runewaker already tried to fix the pairing in the past, all it did was make 40k guilds fight 500 points as they based it on levels.

No solution will be perfect as high end pvp in this game is preety dead. But yes let's hope gameforge take notice of this thread and give some feedback to runewaker to make some changes. As it's a lot of good feedback here.

Celes  Polog

• Don't give up on anything yall want changed... "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"

IF community whines enough about something they will change it...

They just usually go over the top with the changes usually ;p.

I just want siege 1 HR sooner is all XD

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• Why would any guild would be paired with other guilds out of thier points.

If those 4 top are at top lets them fight evry sw same guilds.

Why would 1k guild get 200k oppo. All they can do is skip this sw. So sw chanse are ruined.

Also you cant even cancel sw when u got paired with big guild. So your chanse for sw for that day is ruined. Its bullying from GAme and GMs.

Seem they want to see lower guilds suffer.

While Top guild get badges and rewards, little one got nothing so titles for them will take ages.

Actualy game is so bad that i prob soon will make Anti Rom video.

Feels like GMs dont do anything. Can they make impact on game to make it better or they at thier post only cause they wana hack someone.

• But why should smaller guilds beat higher guilds? It's pvp. If they want to beat the higher guilds.. Simply get better at pvp? Fcapping is not really a solution to that.

I'm all for giving these smaller guilds a chance by making it to 20s though, if they can time 3 towers at once with a 1s of margin, they can have the draw.

It seems to me SW is not a pure PvP. If we want pure PvP we can go arena. SW is not won by the guild with more dmg done or kills. I can argue with: why a 20 player guild should loose to a 6 player one if they can cover more effectively the battlefield, due SW is only a matter of who control towers.

This is a game in which right classes and good gear are very important, but still you can also outsmarter or outnumber your enemy.

Fcap at the end can be lame but is not the problem itself: the problem is the castle is hard to breach even for high point guilds. SW is a game of field dominance. There is a huge gap between to be able to conquer the towers and to be able to take down gates. I still think best way to go should be to link gates HP to towers, once they are all caught gates start to loose hp or max hp. So players sieged are forced to fight for ground control.

Not sure about increasing cap time or in general nerfing fcap, looks like would lead only to a pure pvp battle. Ppl will start to skip most of the fights and very few classes will be worth to be played. Like i said i dont think fcap is the main problem.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Arena doesn't truly represent pvp in any shape or form. Would need heavy changes too. Spawn immune, class imbalance and gear are all huge factors that make arena suck. Providing buffs on entry like sw defence buff might make it a bit more bearable. Maybe include kp and wp buffs on entry too, though only after knight is fixed.

• Now that you mentioned would love to see quest boards moved inside the main building, and replaced by statues/totems/new buildings which can provide the same elite skill buffs of many alts (like k/p, w/p, r/p, patt and co) that crowds the guild courtyard in every sw. Would not be so hard to implement.

Simpler SW, less clients, less lag and something new to focus for our castles.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• If those 4 top are at top lets them fight evry sw same guilds.

Why would 1k guild get 200k oppo.

and what happend if there are 5 ? and what happend to the guilds under the 4-5 top ?? right they get more and more points and then are in the top. same thing before. then a lot of guilds will fight one week to get points, then drop the points for one week and start again with that.

i personaly think create the siege more same for everyone.

• Yes Nero. But top guilds will get decent fights even if its same sw everyday.

5 guild paired with next higest on points.

Also not often we see 200k vs 500 how so>?

Are GMs pairing it manualy?

Cause if its realy random + abit point based. Then there is loooot of lower lvls guilds like 100 -1k points. Why top guilds didnot get paired with them like every second sw?

Something fishy here.

Curenlty there aprox 100 little guilds in sw at 20.00 dont tell me if random cant pair 200k vs 10 point guild.

Would be intresting to know how realy pairing works :D. I hope its not 1 GM who just hand fill top guild sws.

• How it works is like this: If you are one of the top guilds signed up and you don't like who you are going to be matched up with, you wait until the last minute of registration, un-register then re-register. This will match you with the last guild to sign up even if they only have 400 pts; unless there is an odd number of guilds signed up, then you won't get matched. Alternatively, just don't sign up until the last minute, same scenario.

Otherwise the guild matching system is pretty consistent in matching points #1 guild versus #2; #3 vs. #4, etc. If you see otherwise then they are doing what I described above.

• But "fighting" against automatic alts is no fun - and will never be

I haven't been in SW for quite a while, so I don't really know what's going on there now, with all the classes and tactics. But I totally agree to this - there should be no alts in SW. You want to heal gates - then stand by the gates and heal them yourself. And I say this as a defender/support. My character is only lvl 77 to do any damage in direct fights. I can collect merits, build/upgrade, operate siege engines, and be a minor pain in the butt for attackers.

I am not sure how GF/Runewalker can handle it, though. Per TOS you can have up to 5 accounts, and apparently as long as you sit by your computer, automated alts are OK. Making RoM run only one instance at a time will disallow logging all your alts at once in case they are needed for an event like this title event going now. But between not allowing SW alts and daily alt trains (many-many alts following 1 player-controlled character doing dailies) and allowing alts for title event, I probably choose the former, even though it will be much harder for me and my friend to get the rest of the titles we need.

• Well, automatic alts that are using macros i dont see an issue with. If someone is using a macro for a ch/m for example, chances are they're barely paying attention, especially if you;re using 3, makes it easier for people to get inside then if people use real chars. The issue comes when people are using scripts which are checking for gate to drop under 100% and then apply ch/m buff etc. Sw without alts would make a lot of problems for it unless balance comes first. Buffs in sw stop it being a 1 shot fest, as wel as having no alts for gates, everyone loses stable and forge within 15mins. Wl becomes even more king of sw.

Removing alts from the game will strongly ruin this game. It allows players with smaller parties to clear content, make events actually possible, mage title event without alts would take years to complete. Daily alts actually make the game less costly, just remove gold from dailies, the amount of gold coming into the game is far more of an issue then the tokens.

• Well it's not exactly like the current system gifts lower guilds wins, is it? And anyway, how is a guild "expected to get better at pvp" when there are 3-4 geared players vs 20. The problem is that people expect to just turn up and be able to win because they have more points than the other guild. If you do that, of course a lower guild can win (like how Divinity don't use P/Rs). Anyway I never disagreed with increasing the time it takes to cap towers, it seems like a reasonable compromise that will make the game mode playable for both top guilds and lower guilds.

Higher guild wins and moves up, lower guild loses and moves down. At some point both guilds will be among guilds of similar rank/strength. I still remember starting at 1000 points and getting a beating until we were low enough to face similar guilds. Yes, occasionally you will get a guild that's much stronger/weaker than yours, but that's matching problem.

• Another idea - if P/Wl percentage heal is a big concern in SW, change it from "friendly targets" to "party members". I might be wrong, but as far as I remember, "friendly target" heals from other classes don't heal SW structures at all, only direct heals.