Some ideas on Siege War

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Sorry for sarcasm and irony...

Yep the alt is lvl 100 and has 100k LP (it´s still just an alt).. Problem will stay similar

However I give up - you are right

Capping towers is no problem of SW <3

• Oh i think i understand well - and yes your arguments are good

Then next version - Rogue knows Priest will come after 15s - so what he just hides for the first seconds and uses invis pot just for the last 15s.

And if the priest comes earlier - just take invis until priest immune is over - oneshot him (it´s still an alt)... hide again with escape or whatever,...

I know it´s a thing barely to do - but as long as it is possbile to cap without being able to be interupted (with all immunes, potions, skills whatever) people will try and also succeed.

Thats why I like the idea of doubling the cap-time more than just 5s - maybe 25 is also enough.

But I prefer even more the idea of guards attacking the occupier even in invis or the cap only when all guards are down - maybe even combinations of all 3 ideas.

• it has to be a change something for the siege. Maybe Sarkas could at least show the touch of interest and say something like "I read that" "I'll take care of it" …

• One idea I have always thought of is a Delay Timer running which is tied to tower captures. Ie... if two of a same team's towers are captured consecutively, then a 5 minute timer begins until either a tower is captured against the other team, or the timer elapses. Subsequently, if a third tower is captured from the original team in a row then the 5 minute timer begins again.

This will eliminate teams taking more than two towers at the very end of siege, and also provide time for teams to defend their open towers earlier in the game with the timers providing additional protections.

Argonath

• The thing is, if you nerf capping like this so a team can only take 1 tower at the end, lower guilds have absolutely no chance to win vs higher guilds. So they won't even bother because what's the point? Increasing the cap time makes it harder, but still possible - a far better suggestion imo.

• But why should smaller guilds beat higher guilds? It's pvp. If they want to beat the higher guilds.. Simply get better at pvp? Fcapping is not really a solution to that.

I'm all for giving these smaller guilds a chance by making it to 20s though, if they can time 3 towers at once with a 1s of margin, they can have the draw.

• Well it's not exactly like the current system gifts lower guilds wins, is it? And anyway, how is a guild "expected to get better at pvp" when there are 3-4 geared players vs 20. The problem is that people expect to just turn up and be able to win because they have more points than the other guild. If you do that, of course a lower guild can win (like how Divinity don't use P/Rs). Anyway I never disagreed with increasing the time it takes to cap towers, it seems like a reasonable compromise that will make the game mode playable for both top guilds and lower guilds.

• The thing is, if you nerf capping like this so a team can only take 1 tower at the end, lower guilds have absolutely no chance to win vs higher guilds. So they won't even bother because what's the point? Increasing the cap time makes it harder, but still possible - a far better suggestion imo.

the thing is, if "higher" guilds wants to win and wants the points, they could also do it at the moment.

1. lets cap the towers by the other Guild. dont take them back

2. close the bridges with 4-5 ppl every bridge

3. login 4 Rouge/Priest at 59:00 and facp the 4 towers.

but "higher" guilds wants to fight group vs. group. first you win the fight, then the other group and you again, then 2 times the other group … until end. this is PVP

and yes there are other things in siege, but the focus should be the fight.

and for the fights there have to be some changes :

1. Warlock have to be fixed with the Speed

2. Tower facp have to be make more difficult

3. the complete Damage in siege should be half or more less. One-Shots should not be possible. in my dreams a group fight goes on over 10 minutes with useing all your skills, playing music, rebuff, dieing and come back to the fight …. real tanks, real healers …. the mage have to be come back !

lets start with that 3 thing and then take a look how siege is !

• You argue that 3to4 geared players, and yet, let me use your guild as an example. You have a lot of geared players, who simply don't want to fight against higher guilds, or just play hide classes like r/d! If they actually made an effort against them they would have a decent chance, especially if you fuse your fearless caps. Vs astral you had 44 ppl online according to terrags video with b a lot of ppl fighting, put that amount vs other stronger guilds and you have decent chance. Don't be scared of higher guilds, they are often just as inconsistent as others and one day you may only fight 6or7 of them!

• need to nerf wl/ch and half prob solved its incredibly nab class have everythin what they need if player skilld and geard noone can do enything.

with they speed, dmg... they just fly around and do blic kills noone even see from where they come.

just look youtube vid there is like 60-70% wl/ch vid where are rogue,scaut,worriors...

my opinion step by step first nerf wl/ch then we can talk about fair fight

• Well to me there is no point in fighting when there are 6 or 7 players per 1 of you. And if the oppo guild has several R/K or W/Wd then I won't fight, because what's the point in making gear to play in PvP if it's totally useless? You can't use it while perma-stunned. Being rogue ofc negates this. I only really join SW to help the guild. Not necessarily because I enjoy it (siege war is fun maybe 20% of the time, when you get an evenly-matched guild). And anyway, I am not trying to turn this into "lower v higher guild" dichotomy. Simply saying, that if you nerf fearcap into the ground a lot of guilds won't fight because believe it or not, being 1 shot as soon as you step outside of the castle is not fun. But at the same time if fcap remains as it is now then it's also not fun, controlling a siege for 60 mins and then losing at the end because of classes like R/P and tos setskill (again, I am not really in this position often so it makes no difference to me if fcap remains how it is, just saying it's OBJECTIVELY pretty dumb).

All in all tho this whole debate is pretty pointless. SW is still in beta and classes haven't been touched in years, so let's face it nothing will change.

• SW is still in beta and classes haven't been touched in years, so let's face it nothing will change.

but we can try.

that if you nerf fearcap into the Ground

and nobody said that or want that. it is only the discussion about how could it be better for all or the most ! and maybe it is possible that GF can makes a change for 2 Month and then take a look how it is. or you can use the different Events :

for example :

Halloween Event --> no invisible Potion

other Event --> no Herold Immun

other Event --> Speed Limit for all 40%

many ideas from the com. now we are waiting for a reaction of the team or GF or someone that can give us a little bit hope.

• I also ask you to note that the enemy selection system is completely shit, yesterday’s war were 4 top guilds in the reg and none fight against each other:thumbup:, the random system is so bad that all 20k + guilds almost always fight 1-3k guilds (that's reason why they keeping high points or getting even more:S), even if there are guilds in the pool that are equal in strength or stronger than them

newbie w/m 8)

• Changing pairing system is quite complex to do as it requires finding a balance. Currently the top ~20 guilds are in range to fight. The problem here being that now a days with only 4 big guilds at 7pm sw you're left with 16 others that probably don't want to fight vs the big guilds.

Equally the big guilds don't want to fight the same people every single day, since smaller guilds may still put up a decent fight and it gets boring fighting the same enemies all thr time. I'd suggest just changing it to top 10 guilds paired together rather then the top 20 to make it bit more even and likely that higher point guilds are matched together.

As for rk and wwd, both preety dead classes, rk is hit more popular but still only a handful that are in sw over all the points(and can't name any particulary good ones that stand out)

Yes YouTube is saturated with wlch pvp content, because watching an hour video of a wd getting shut down 25 times by a wlch just isn't very exciting to watch.

• Yes, top guilds get bored from decent oppos so they need 5 vs 1 fights against people without top gear.

But I hope that there are at least some people in 20k+ point guilds who don't consider themselves weak enough to enjoy this.

• Yes, top guilds get bored from decent oppos so they need 5 vs 1 fights against people without top gear.

maybe it is possible with some changes that there is not that big different between the guilds. so there are no "low" or "top" guilds.

and gear is not that important ! sure a pve mage against a pvp warlock … it is important. but everyone has the possibility to build a pvp equip.

• And yet, who is to blame for this. If the small guilds don't want to be 5v1 just g let the big guild go and win the war. Small guilds who complain here are half the problem. They said they don't want to be 5v1 but then login 6 chm 2 pwl alts to try delay the big guild.

Also some of these "small" guilds only ever seem to be small vs bigger guilds. See my example higher up in the thread. Big guilds don't want to beat up small guilds, but it's a waste of their time and everyone else's to just delay their victory, and then afterwards complain its 5vs1!

• We seem to agree that the bad pairings are the issue. No unfair pairings, no problem.

Let's make a petition to GF and ask them to fix this particular part.