Wishing well buff crash

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • This buff still makes most people crash in less than aminute in sw, please disable the buff itself or its animation

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• If you find you have buff and are going to siege please use a Transformation potion. This has proven to be an effective countermeasure to crashes.

• Or - to generate some pressure upon GF/RW don´t try to avoid the buff but use it as much as possbile until the shitstorm becomes so big, that they have to do something.

Why should it always be the players who think about workarounds and how to do anything - they won´t get any reward for this work...

whoever finds SARKASm or irony in this post - can just keep it to himself

• it took them years to fix the shitstorm k/s stun makes and now gf and rw cares even less about the game and players now so i wouldnt count on it

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• Is using a model folder to remove the wishing well buff (and only that) also forbidden or is it only forbidded if you exploit it?

Not that anyone could check that anyway...

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Strictly forbidden. Editing any game files is against the terms of service, even if disabling fire training/similar effects would make players crash 3x less, we are not allowed ...

• Is using a model folder to remove the wishing well buff (and only that) also forbidden or is it only forbidded if you exploit it?

Not that anyone could check that anyway...

Given in the past, the gms were suggesting people to use model when wds nature crystal pet was crashing everyone around him if it was buffed, i would hope they wouldn't ban people just for removing the crash files. Ofc, its hard to distinguish the people who abuse it for other methods and this, but given there is countless videos on youtube with people with removed textures, i don't see it being an issue. That being said, it still is against the rules unfortunately.

• I will not name them, but one of our opponents tonight was apparently using this buff. Our players crashed over and over. I crashed 8 times in less than a minute each time. I would get the memory usage warning on login.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Its not allowed. But unless you do stupid stuff like walking through barriers and so on..... Who you gonna call.....

Never mention it in forum. Never mention it ingame. But use it. You crash less. You have better performance overall. Noones gonna notice but yourself.