Game inprovement suggestions

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • You there.

You successfully reworked Warrior/Mage - Knight/Mage - Rogue/Mage. We need more.

Maybe you can design Lightforge Dwarfs and Oracle class, who knows.

Maybe this dwarfs lives in Sky.

Some peoples really need PvP area. Arenas empty and siege + arcanium not enough.

Not a copy paste ''original content''

The Nightmare, The Moa horse, we have some epic quests maybe need more.

New bosses, not a hard mode HoS, not a Erekat IV or Kreyen v2.

Already Kreyen looks Androth v2.
    Everybody remember runesdatabase, Destruction set copy of Red Thunder set.

Otherway we are the zurhidons. This is your last chance.

Naga Leader: Emperor Sirloth! We have some intruders. (Sirloth waiting...)

Sirloth: They are weak! They cannot kill Sharleedah, you fool. (2009)

• 1) Class balacing:

Most of the time when ppl talk about this topic they talk like class combo are independant objects. May be true if we consider the pure pvp side only. But in pve world a class is usefull if can contribute to inies tactics. I dont think it's necessary to actually change many or any class skills (even if i would love to see new elite skills).

It's far more simple to design boss fights with unique and peculiar ways of fight. Mage class is underrated? Set a Boss able to cast a shield vulnarable only to wind dmg. The next one could be protected by many servants cast that only a knock down can interrupt to let warriors shine.

If anyone think balacing is about scrut results, they dont understand what truly RoM has to offer.

2-3) Grinding:

I like the idea of open free lv after 100 (just a few tho), and i support the unbind part of 75-80 lv and lower inies drops to encourage ISS market and farm. Ofc normal mode should be more desirable too, with stats or with gear for hybrid classes.

4) SW:

I skip the part from dream book with new buildings, new challanges ecc...

There is actually a limited pool of classes played; can be natural since among 60 combos some will be more suited for sw, still i think many times ppl just go for the "I'm sure i will be OP" combo instead of trying others that require a bit more of practice but can be vary valide and funny actually.

In this case i would raccomand to intervene to change few aspect of abandoned class to enlarge the playing offers.

And by enlarge i mean to discover new things not to let every class deal same dmg: even if it was a bug the m/ch able to just interrupt under immunity was splendid fresh air. We can imagine combo that can silence honor guards, or regroup by teleport from very large distance, mass fears, deadly dots, ecc...

5-6) RoM is damn costy.

I admit few steps were done with daily login bonus and mirror world. Few years ago having an unlimited supply of phoenix, big angel, golden egg, house energy and a little bit of charges, abl and normal one or plussing jewels was a dream.

Good direction but not enough.

7) I was one of the events fan, both forum or ingame. I recognize it can be lot of works and GMs are very restricted about what to offer, but 90% of the problem was the rewards. I'm not interested in RoM merchandise like i'm not interested in items i can get in 5 mins of normal play. We have bunch of things ppl desire: rare recipes, rare cards, transf pots with attr bonus and in Decent quantity meme, golden eggs, uni pots, sw badges even guild mats (go check the ammount to upgrade lv 7+ building to determinate decent quantity there ;)).

Sadly, cause need RW help, you can even offer trivial but funny stuff: visual effect-items like aura or miasma, prank items.... Prapare a version of the 'World shutter prank' usable in sw, you gonna get tons of ppl partecipating =)

8 ) I'm kinda surpriced to see a faint bug fix attitude lately with every patch, not only for skill or ini bugs, but also for "achieve" things; a slow process but i appreciate it.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Some random thoughts about pricing.

I don't have access to the internal GF reports but from the outside it looks much like the pattern that can be observed in many other fields and which is not specific to gaming only.

At first there are many interested or simply curious players who are willing to spend some real life money. As the time passes game management body decides to make the first step to increase income. It doesn't really matter for which reason, whether it's due to bad revenue model from the start or maybe people leave because they didn't like something else. The easiest way to increase or compensate decreased income is raising prices. Or rather making the game more expensive to be precise. This results in more people leaving. Obviously the situation repeats over and over. Whatever might seem a new balance point is simply a next step towards the decline. This isn't even a vicious circle, it's more like a downward spiral.

Increasing player base is probably the only way to break it.

The bottom line. Changing prices is not the solution. I can only be a part of the strategy to bring in more people.

Convincing former players with kind words or low prices will hardly work. People might come back. But they will return to the game not due but rather despite GF's efforts.

• Annecdotal statement here:

When I first heard about RoM back in 2009, I gave it a go and happened to create an account during a player appreciation event.

Frogster gave out 10 or 15 diamonds to the first toon logged in on every account. I was, like, huh? what are diamonds? So I researched them & found them to be pretty inexpensive additions to the game.

The very first thing I bought with diamonds was the Moa Charity mount where part of the purchase went to a children's charity event.

Back then, diamonds were available in the AH and they were fairly inexpensive... I think the avg price back then was 4k gold per diamond.

I spent most of my diamonds on things like aggs & adv. aggs because it was fun to create a personal feel to my toons.

What has RoM lost in it's transition to GF? The FUN factor. GF is focusing soo much on making this game make "financial sense," that GF is losing all of the players that made this game a joy to play.

I know that it costs $$$ to pay for servers, internet bandwidth, etc... but it's all for naught when players won't give you $$$.

Make the game fun & make it inexpensive enough that people are willing to give you their hard-earned money.

All of these dumb restriction for no reason do nothing more than to drive people away. Please pass this on to the person in charge of RoM @ GF. You are doing nothing but driving people away from your game & any other game your company runs.

• The people that look back on Frogster days with rose-tinted glasses, forget why Frogster pulled out of the hosting market (went bust) - Gold sellers and their associated bot gold farmers. The problem did not exist just in this game but across the board in the F2P market. Original F2P strategies assumed (if they considered them at all) that Gold sellers+bots would be a minor nuisense and easily dealt with and players would be honest and refuse to buy from them, a very naieve expectation. These people, with far lower, if any, overheads could easily undercut Frogster diamond prices on the in-game market, both buy manipulating the diamond - gold price and the AH price for desirable drops.

When Gameforge took over they did the only thing possible, they removed diamonds from the in-game market. This killed the gold sellers almost overnight and made the game viable again. People also forget that they halved the diamond price of most of the popular IS items at the time (EG: Puris dropped from 39 dias under Frogster to 19 under GF). They tried with Cedric to reintroduce a limited in-game market for dias with Cedric but he was soon exploited to death so had to be removed too. The price "!rises" that occurred at that time under GF at that time were the introduction of new items into the game, principally jewels and more drillers that immediately became must have's for players.

Up to that point, I did not have a problem with the changes. The game had been far to easy to be F2P.

Recently Gameforge do seem to be making the game more expensive for diamond buyers, possibly cos they can't squeeze out the Fp2 players any more. The game has been made "cheaper" for anyone that happened to buy dias mainly outside of Happy Hours and buys outside to their sales. This of course is a small minority (if anyone). For the majority who buy diamonds in happy hours and buy the main items on sales, the game is now more expensive.

This is why I now feel the game is being run down. Also, despite reassurances to the contrary, when the developer of the game ceases hosting their own version of the game, the likelihood of them continuing much development for international hosts is not high, and definitely not going to be a high priority.

• Caladin: well written, with good and true arguments, and at the end quite depressing conclusions…

the likelihood of them continuing much development for international hosts is not high, and definitely not going to be a high priority.

Sarkas: you gave this text a thumbs up - obviously this is your opinion also.

Why should we contribute suggestions for improvements, if you don't believe in the future of RoM yourself?

• Why should we contribute suggestions for improvements, if you don't believe in the future of RoM yourself?

Low priority is completly different to ignoring at all

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• froggie EU had problems, no argument there. Froggie us was doing okay, though.

There was a diamond vendor in the froggie us days and it was reasonable. Max 15 diamonds per day purchased in lots of 5. All of these diamonds were bound.

There were always problems with rom and most of that stemmed from the disconnect between the developer and the players. If someone reported a problem, the developer found a way to, perversely, make the problem a "feature."

Ie % mana skills... I remember dying during a roach event when my knight ran out of mana ( pre-knight rebalance ).

The changes that were made to the game pretty much came out without any warning whatsoever and the players were testing the changes for the developer. ( from what we now know was all planned for the failed dragons prophet game. )

It just saddens me that the main froggie company was froggie EU, that was losing money hand over fist, and had to sell off the company to gf. Gf comes in thinking that froggie eu's handling of rom was the pepper way to handle rom, instead of the way froggie us did.

I wish the comas now could see the fun and wacky things froggie us employees did to make Rom engaging.

I remember a giveaway that involved a huge link rune url. It's crazy dumb stuff like that.

Until the person(s) in charge of Rom @ gf start caring about what brings people to a game, it's only going to keep getting worse.

You call it rose colored glasses, I call it being excited to come home from work to play with awesome people and run on servers with so many people that everyone had to hide gear to run anything.

• Caladin: well written, with good and true arguments, and at the end quite depressing conclusions…

the likelihood of them continuing much development for international hosts is not high, and definitely not going to be a high priority.

Sarkas: you gave this text a thumbs up - obviously this is your opinion also.

Why should we contribute suggestions for improvements, if you don't believe in the future of RoM yourself?

Oh the good ol' "there's an action that irritates me must reply in most passive agressive way possible"

The reasons why I like a post vary from, ha funny to yea at least some points are made over to yep that's a great song.

But I will gladly enlighten you on this button click desicion:

It's the kind of feedback we need to have. Honest, but also well mannered. I don't have to completely agree with a post in order to see that it's a good post. Also I don't have opinions. I'm a teamler. The only reason I exist is that rules be followed and forward some feedback.

Now if I was only there to function, I wouldn't have started this. Instead I want to say I believe in my players and having had a conversation with caladin before I can say I don't need to personally agree with anything but yet his feedback is very helpful and therefore deserves all the likes in the world.

kkthxbb

ycavan

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Froggie US because I'm only in the US team since err 2015 mebe.

The reply to diamond trades for free (no real money involved) has been frauds. I don't know where to find the post right now but I know Phelan said something to this topic.

I wish the comas now could see the fun and wacky things froggie us employees did to make Rom engaging.

Until the person(s) in charge of Rom @ gf start caring about what brings people to a game, it's only going to keep getting worse.

I was able to see the fun because this was not only limited to US and if you have suggestions into this direction, you can also drop me a pm, my rememberance is not always the best

The changes that were made to the game pretty much came out without any warning whatsoever and the players were testing the changes for the developer.

Communication in the past has been the worst possible thing sometimes, there's no way to talk one self out of this. However, although slightly, it has made a progress and we will continue assisting with this.

Players unfortunately are always be put in as "free tester" but that's not limited to RoM and Gameforge.

• When Gameforge took over they did the only thing possible, they removed diamonds from the in-game market. This killed the gold sellers almost overnight and made the game viable again. People also forget that they halved the diamond price of most of the popular IS items at the time (EG: Puris dropped from 39 dias under Frogster to 19 under GF). They tried with Cedric to reintroduce a limited in-game market for dias with Cedric but he was soon exploited to death so had to be removed too. The price "!rises" that occurred at that time under GF at that time were the introduction of new items into the game, principally jewels and more drillers that immediately became must have's for players.

I don't understand the cause-to-consequence link of your reasoning.

- BOT farm gold.

- Gold sellers sell gold earned with BOT to dishonest players against euros acting like parasits.

- Dishonest players with their gold buy items at the auction house or diamonds from honest players.

- But the diamonds were bought to Frogster or Game Forge by honest players with euros so Frogster or GF earned their money regardless of the amont of gold the BOT farmers have created and money they earned in a parasit way.

So in my opinion there was no need to increase the price and quantity of diamonds needed for play. You have better business with 10 dishonest boting players, 10 000 honest players buying some dias for time to time than with 0 dishonest players and only 10 honest remaining players forced to buy very large quantity of far to expansive diamonds.

It is no more a Massive Multi Players Online Role Playing Game...

It is a Rare or Indeed Alone Player Online Role Playing Game... At least on Nuada server.

So the argument of boting players killing the economic model of F2P seems very weird and insufficient when greediness of GF is sufficient to explain all what happened !

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited 2 times, last by Renovatio ().

• Here's a great idea from game improvement, other than getting the memory leak fixed. How about making sure the item set skills work? I just paid 70M gold to get the "Lava Effect" ISS and it doesn't do anything other than cost 50 mana and have a 45 second cool down. The discription for it says "Sys851588_shortnote"

• Seems just like the translation for Sys851588_shortnote might be missing.

Code: Sys851588_shortnote
    1. TW:
    2. 1 使你的目標不再感到害怕,解除目標恐懼效果。
    3. 2 (冷卻時間只有[496110]的一半)
    4. 3 [SC_SKILLTIPS_FEAR]
    5. GOOGLE TRANSLATE (and [] replaced):
    6. 1 Stop fearing your target and remove the effect of target fear.
    7. 2 (Cooldown is only half of Soul Soothe)
    8. 3 (This skill can be used even if you are in a state that doesn't allow you to cast spells.)

So it's just a fear removal.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Seems just like the translation for Sys851588_shortnote might be missing.

Code: Sys851588_shortnote
    1. TW:
    2. 1 使你的目標不再感到害怕,解除目標恐懼效果。
    3. 2 (冷卻時間只有[496110]的一半)
    4. 3 [SC_SKILLTIPS_FEAR]
    5. GOOGLE TRANSLATE (and [] replaced):
    6. 1 Stop fearing your target and remove the effect of target fear.
    7. 2 (Cooldown is only half of Soul Soothe)
    8. 3 (This skill can be used even if you are in a state that doesn't allow you to cast spells.)

So it's just a fear removal.

Thanks much for the reply.