Runes of Magic - Feedback

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I am happy to see the work done on the forums and the expanded option for steam. Keep up the good work & listen to the players to improve the game even more!

Here are some more changes to think about:

[Game content]

Release new good content of the game, tested and fully intended to work.

Finalise or do additional changes towards Siege War, so it gets out of Beta and prevents crashing 50% of the time.

Increase the stability of the game for less lagg, less crashes, and possible options for players to play with higher graphics without loss of performance.

[Itemshop]

Balance out the prices on popularity & most demanded items.

Have more new content or promotions to keep the itemshop interesting

Perhaps invent a '' Itemshop transmutor '', exchange 5x a experience potion for a 250% experience potion.

(If anyone else can add to this, feel free)

Liche

K/W/P

Expert in tanking, stealing girlfriends, plussing +30 rings

Edited 3 times, last by Liche: [Bugfixes] removed, placed to the Technical help & bug report (Skill bugs) section. ().

• Liche

Changed the title of the thread from “Runes of Magic - Recent Changes” to “Runes of Magic - Feedback”.
  • I have removed the bugs and placed them at the Technical help & bug report section. I understand it is not up to the moderators to make the gamedevelopers create good content with no bugs. I also understand it is difficult if not impossible to have no bugs at all at the start, however latest patch including the instance 'Sun temple of Eternal sleep' bugs/faults are extreme.

The game could be a good game but there have to be effort put in it to be good. There are 400+ bugs known, some even from the very start of the game. You can't make a game good with a bad base. Perhaps not all bugs are as important to be fixed but not fixing them causes more and more problems in the long run because then we'd have to dig very deep to fix them.

As far as the Itemshop, I understand there are many teams in this game every one doing their own part to make it better. Perhaps it is not so bad to think of the teams being too much. One thing I have learned is the more teams there are on the same project the more difficulties come along, mainly communicative.

Maybe you could explain why we have put a lot of effort on a new forum, on joining steam.. but it is said to be impossible if it comes to game content or anything related?

Liche

K/W/P

• Put dias on AH, make exchange of in-game goods for diamonds (proofs/mementos/honor points), fix plusing system.

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• what expect GF from joining steam? more players?

they will even quit within few days if they see this unbalance or only - endgame ppl leading this game -.

better you fix things in this game like balance, bugs, crahes, IS, +ing system before you start a new thing or spread up with "getting new players".

even you need a higher rating to get a higher position in the favourit list. i dont think that there are much new players the past years.

you cant even play the game on highest graphics, if you do you crash every 2nd or 3rd port, how do you believe this will work with more players?

but this happens not only to rom or? - GF put all games into steam or?

what happens with the old posts on the old forum? are they gonna be deleted?

http://board.eu.runesofmagic.g…ge=Thread&threadID=540928

no one of you has replyed. thats over 3 months now.

what the hell is this ? :D

Edited once, last by Bracing ().

they will even quit within few days if they see this unbalance or only - endgame ppl leading this game -.

First, GF is currently evaluating the possibility for new servers alongside the Steam release.

It will be a fresh start with a fair chance for everyone.

better you fix things in this game like balance, bugs, crahes, IS, +ing system before you start a new thing or spread up with "getting new players".

even you need a higher rating to get a higher position in the favourit list. i dont think that there are much new players the past years.

you cant even play the game on highest graphics, if you do you crash every 2nd or 3rd port, how do you believe this will work with more players?

GF and RW are tirelessly working on improving the player experience of Runes of Magic. But - same as everything else - this takes time.

but this happens not only to rom or? - GF put all games into steam or?

RoM is one of GameForges last Client games to be published on Steam. There are only two others left.

what happens with the old posts on the old forum? are they gonna be deleted?

http://board.eu.runesofmagic.g…ge=Thread&threadID=540928

no one of you has replyed. thats over 3 months now.

Yes, at one point the old board will be shut down. If you want to save important posts, now's the time to do so.

what the hell is this ? :D

As you have less than 10 posts, every post of you containing a link needs to be approved by a moderator, before it is visible for all users.

This is a spam protection feature.

//edit: My first reply was worded in a way that it suggested that there are certain plans for a new server. Please note, that there are no concrete plans yet, but GF is currently looking into it.

First, GF is currently evaluating the possibility for new servers alongside the Steam release.

What? But Gameforge reads players/customers feedback?

Since ages ppl are asking for server merge http://board.eu.runesofmagic.g…threadID=527971&pageNo=17

cause servers are half died and GF are thinking for new servers? Servers who will stay alive for 2-6months and then will die like usual?

And i dont understand the part about fresh air... I mean... Fresh air for who?

New player maybe but old dubtfull wants make a new chars, gears and spent money again, mostly ppl cause server died just quitted cause usually wont make another chars e spend money again in another server.

I suggest is better start to thinks or a server merge or possibility to move char in another server, but for sure not another new empty server.... bad idea really...

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Personally, new players would be great. The problem is if you are going for a new server you don't solve the problems you are running away from it trying to get a fresh start.

But of course it is only getting looked into so far, let's think it out really well before we take actions drastically. Possibly there might be good things or rewarding things in the new server & a way to get old servers merged in the new one, uniting a large amount of people to enjoy the game together :)

Liche

K/W/P

• New servers? lol what a joke. Gameforge should focus on keeping the players they currently have(mostly long term players) before opening a new server. The last 2 servers(dochas and midir) both have since been merged(midir merged really quickly since it was dead fast). Should be some indication that new servers are a bad idea. Really hope gameforge don't decide to spread the players even more thin then they already are.

• With all do respect, what you can offer to those new players?

They will quit instantly when they see they must buy every 2 hours mount.

Exp/TP from quests is low, ppl will need 1-2 months to reach max level with 1 class, where are rest?

Diamonds prices and item shop prices not changed for years...

Ruby bonus is funny...

And...no you wont aggro new players with this situation and population on server...

what expect GF from joining steam? more players?

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• Since when GF and RW are doing anything to improve the game? There are more bugs and other things to improve or fix than in any early access title available on the market, and you are not doing anything to fix it. All we see is new content every 6-7 month, without any bug fixes to the previous content. New server will die after 2-3 months, because with current version of the game and P2W aspect, people will once again leave the title.

• It is rather annoying to only get the information of the patches being done after the patch has been done.

Liche

K/W/P

• Of course they need new servers if they want to get a lot of players from the steam launch*.

Imagine starting the game on one of the current servers as new player from Steam - there are people selling equipment, stats etc. for millions of gold while you get like 1kk within your first few months. It will look like you'll never catch up to the other players and that is a very frustrating experience IMO.

*well, you could argue that they won't get new players anyway and then you could just forget about Steam and the new server.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• First, GF is currently evaluating the possibility for new servers alongside the Steam release.

A fresh start with a fair chance for everyone.. If this means that "new players" gets a chance to experience the game from the beginning, by gameforge making a new server that contains "vanilla RoM" and add chapters like in the old days, then YES, DO IT!!

That would in my opinion make RoM great again, and all new players would get a fair chance to experience the game as it was meant to be, with a "fresh start".

But if it's just a normal server with all content released at once, would not go as well as you may think. Instead, think about expanding the current servers so that they can run smoother, compatibility to have more players without the server lagging out because a overpopulated and crowded server (hard to belive with in the current game, but it can happen).

Releasing the game on Steam is the best thing that have happen to RoM within the past 5 years, this is in my opinion good in the way that population cap will increase, economics in the game will be more balanced, the community will grow and more people will know about the game. Let's just hope that servers can handle it.

• A fresh start with a fair chance for everyone.. If this means that "new players" gets a chance to experience the game from the beginning, by gameforge making a new server that contains "vanilla RoM" and add chapters like in the old days, then YES, DO IT!!

That would in my opinion make RoM great again, and all new players would get a fair chance to experience the game as it was meant to be, with a "fresh start".

That's not the definition of fresh start. A new server would merely mean everyone would have the same start without already having gazillions of players ahead of their progress.

• A fresh start with a fair chance for everyone.. If this means that "new players" gets a chance to experience the game from the beginning, by gameforge making a new server that contains "vanilla RoM" and add chapters like in the old days, then YES, DO IT!!

That's not the definition of fresh start. A new server would merely mean everyone would have the same start without already having gazillions of players ahead of their progress.

I believe what Bluesons00 is talking about is called a "Progression Server" where each expansion is withheld until a guild on the server unlocks a certain objective, or set of objectives, and then the expansion is rolled out.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• I believe I do understand what was said. And the mentioned definition persists :) I was talking about Gameforge Servers. Everything else makes a turn into private server talk which is not allowed*.

*Of course noone forbids you to express your wishes and dreams as long as it abides by the forum rules.