Gathering skill for pet

• Hello world !

Why pet skill for gathering is capped at 61 ?

I use a pet for gathering ore and he is capped at 61.

My skill for gathering ore is 80+.

Gretting.:?:

Lauhrent de Blangy. Causal, on ROM since september 2009

Errant des Mondes Virtuels, Wagabond des Limbes, né Kham l'orc sur Ultima Online puis Troll sur EverQuest et à présent humain.

6037127l-Gh-Xk.png

• Hello :)

Pet gathering skills and character gathering skills are not connected. They don't have any influence on each other. So this is why your ore gathering skill is on higher level than your pet's.

And why is it stuck at 61 lvl? Because this is one of many things in Runes of Magic that need to be upgraded and adapted to current situation by the developer - but the things rest in peace, neglected relics of old great ideas... Maybe some day we will see them returning in an appropriate form.

With regards -

Vimma from Nawia

• If you want the ore to use for crafting, selling or just to refine, I would suggest learning to plant on all 8 toons of an account. Eight toons with 9 or 10 plant pots in each house can produce massive amounts of mats. That said, it does take a month or so to level planters but in my opinion it is well worth it. Planting caps at 100 now and gets that cap raised along with crafting and character level while pet gathering has stayed at 61 for a long time. I'm guessing that the cap was not raised because there were people, and possibly may still be people who have some sort of add on that will continue purchasing tools while they stand by the npc who sells pet tools and the player is afk. Last I heard, that was NOT legal by I still see peeps hanging out by him for longs periods of time. But I digress :) In the long run, time is better spent learning to plant. IMO

As far as the refining/gathering skill goes, I'm not sure if many use the method to level the skill that is the fastest but more monotonous, that I use. I grow or buy the mats, refine a bunch up to the purple for, right click the purple form to disassemble a few hundred purples down to the white form, get a production speed pot, use 50 shells to get the pot from the npc in Varanas Central that gives more experience while you level refining skill, use both pots and then refine all those white mats back up to purple form. Repeat, repeat......

A down side to this method is that you lose 25% of those mats each time you do it so use junk mats.

An upside to this method is that any mat will work as long as it isn't over your actual level. So you can raise you gathering/refining level from 1 to 100, using all low level Zinc, Ash and Mountain Demon Grass.

• Thanks for reply.

So, no way by dev ? This crap cap'skill will never updated ?

Lauhrent de Blangy. Causal, on ROM since september 2009

Errant des Mondes Virtuels, Wagabond des Limbes, né Kham l'orc sur Ultima Online puis Troll sur EverQuest et à présent humain.

6037127l-Gh-Xk.png

• Tthis has been requested for god knows how many years and i seriously doubt it will increase.

I think the idea was nice but the feature is being abused since the day it was introduced also.

Planting is way more efficient tbh and if you farm mementos you can buy all materials from Npc (ofc latest zones you do have to quest to buy which is ridiculous)

SoVvjsU.png

• last zones mats are same 5 maps...you can buy them on lower maps....

and imho..we dont need new ones..theres small amount of players and trade or economy is already ruined....