Game Launcher and addon locations

• Geek Squad did a remote cleanup for me but broke my RoM launch Icons. I decided the simple fix was to pull my add-ons to a separate folder, delete the game, reinstall, and move the add-ons back. The reload of the game left it in a totally different location with no interface folder. The new desktop Icon shows a path of C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Runes of Magic.exe. The little client update.exe thing still flashes on the screen for a moment. Where do I stick my add-ons folder to get back to what I had? :cursing:

• Nerd way.

Launch the game

Open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc should do this)

Find client.exe, right click and select properties. You can see RoM directory in Location. Alternatively, try locating file client.exe in some subdirectory of C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA

Your addons should go to <the-rom-directory-you-just-found>\interface\addons. Create the subfolders if necessary

• that remote service should have some kind of warranty ,,ask them for log...then ask yourselves why you have ROM in TERA folder....if you use GF downloader for all games its different from standalone game...

99 % that problem is in thing that you pulled files to active DESKTOP and then cleaned it ( that cant reverse )....

in future..copy whole ROM folder to usb and after cleaning copy it back...

• Okay- Solved. in FILE EXPLORER went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Tera. Created a subdirectory there called interface. Dragged the addons subdirectory into it.

Oh- Subdirectory is Old Man speak for folder.