Skill development has me confused

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I have reached level 20 in a couple of skills, less in the others.

In the level 20 skills I purchased EVERY available recipe.

No matter what I do I cannot raise any skill past 20 -- clearly I am missing something, but the NPCs and online messages don't have anything that helps.

Hope someone (who understands the problem) can point me in the right direction.

• There used to be a guide on the old forum. Maybe you can still find it through a search engine. But yeah, there are limits to gathering and crafting levels. I am not a crafter, nor do i play one on TV; so, maybe somone will stop by and help. But I think you can take one crafting skill to legendary, two to expert, the rest get stuck at 20 unless you buy expansion scrolls from Item shop. Bah, I know there are inaccuracies in this, but I also know people love to correct others...so there...

Also, there are quests that have to be done to advance past level 20, 40, 60, etc.. And, these questgivers are in various places. I think the ones to go past level 20 are in Varanas East.

• Thank you for the great information. Based on what you said I discovered a page that pointed at trainers who sold me an upgrade ticket--and (although its early days) it seems to be exactly what I needed.

Appreciate the prompt responses.

DocTerryC

• With all crafting, gathering/refining skills, the experience counter will stop at levels: 20, 40, 60, 80 and now stuck on level 100 for years. To start leveling the skill again, the NPC who you buy recipes from will have a quest you need to do so you can level from 20 to 40 at which point another quest will be required to continue.

The quests for crafting are "Bring me some of the 1, 2 or 3 items you learned to do last". With refining, they ask for 3 different types of mats but with gear it is something like "Make me a Ragged A Shield".

There is overlap in recipes from various NPCs. Recipes for levels 1 through level 40 something are right in Varanas. After that you will need to crash in Dalanis ..... literally crash, until level 61.

NOTE: When in Dalanis and leveling one of the 4 grear crafting skills, you need a recipe for a level 60 chest. Check all the 4 recipes NPCs because it was being sold by an incorrect npc. Think it was the carpentry chest was being sold by the blacksmith dude. Not sure but you will find it.

After getting all the recipes through level 61 in Dalanis, I know I always go to Ancient Kingdom of Rorazan but if it wasn't changed or I am not aware of anything different, there may be 1 or 2 recipes I had to get in Kyosa Village in Tergothen Bay. Recipes in Rorazan go to level 78-81 (not sure). After getting those the remainder of recipes can be obtained back in Varanas on lower east side.

I think those should do the trick although there are many other recipes vendors and there is a chance that I don't remember as well as I used to.

• for new player at this time is best to wait crafting event in summer...you need 20kk gold for each crafting skill and you can do relative easy ( and 10x cheaper and faster )

overall skill leveling..only thing you cant do this way is cooking....

• All level 60 crafting chest recipes are sold by the carpentry instructor in Dalanis.

While Dray is correct that the crafting festival is much faster for leveling crafts, I did not find it cheaper. It cost me 55kk to level a craft from 15 to 100 the couple of times I did it. That was with the pot from phirius tokens and the set skill for crafting exp boost and the boost from the lvl 4 title quest.

Cheaper way to raise crafts is to have alt planters to supply you with the needed mats.

• the cheap is that you don't need production runes like blends and also saves you a lot of hassle since all is conveniently at the npc

SoVvjsU.png

• My point of view is that the cost of the mats in the event far out-weighs the cost of the production runes (most of which are easily farmable in an honour party), esp if you have planter alts. I agree that it is more convenient and much faster in the crafting event.

• when economy was good and develop in past..with tons of runs...it was easier to buy..swap or get needed amount of mats...it was some good...you could sell 30 % of crafts and return some gold...in this times its waste of time (time can be used better way with gain in some field )...

btw..if some has still problem with production runes and dunno what to do with time there is simply legal..easy way to get them...

as LVL 1 you can buy starter gear at class hall and disenchant it..thing can be done via action bar or some legal macros....