Itemshop can not be opened

• Diogenes

Approved the thread.
  • Diogenes

Added the Label Other
  • I do not think this is a general issue. Just yesterday I was in the itemshop, bought a mount for a new-ish toon, and grabbed my Daily Loyalty Reward.

I think this may be a configuration or installation issue that applies only to people that installed a certain way.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• This aint correct at all, you just had luck to open it. Dont avoid this tread its fkin annoying and ur itemshop is shet

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• Ralence my luv, it's time to take a deep breath before you start posting :)

This issue is indeed not resolved yet and we are still gathering information, which unfortunately relies on the players forwarding us the issues with as much details as possible. It doesn't happen to everyone which makes it more difficult to reproduce.

• Thanks for advice my luv, gonna try it next time :*:*<3

• I had the problem for a couple days when first it occurred. I remember posting the solution in the old US forum. I've slept since then, so I have no idea what I did. You will need to look for it. It was more about my browser than the item shop itself. Try going to your windows default settings and choose a different default browser. I think my original problem was that I was set to use Explorer/Edge. Try using Chrome or Firefox, see if that will do it. Right click on the little windows launch ID at the lower left of the screen. Choose settings, then apps, then default apps. I am on Firefox now and the problem is resolved.

• PS- please let us all know whether that helps. Whether it does or not, it gives another piece of the puzzle for GF to fix it. Remember, fixing software isn't like fixing plumbing. You can't just look at a wet spot on the server and say, "Oh, look, it's leaking right there."

Also, assuming that Gameforge doesn't care about their primary source of income is not a very well thought out assumption.

• I use Chrome and seen several complaining that uses Firefox so this does not solve the issue .

tbh after 4 months of this i am actually getting used or not bothered to open it

and hello not like there is anything you really wanted to buy there really either

SoVvjsU.png

• If you mean the Item Shop window staying white and never drawing, I do see that, but when it does I close the window and re-open it. The second time it gets it. It seems to be some kind of client-server handshake issue. FYI, I use Chrome as my default browser (if that makes any difference as this is the in-game browser, right? Pretty sure that is a chopped-down Firefox).

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• c5bd7139965fbeb06a05b61abf974e32.png

this is how it looks like ten times in a row, other option is that it opens in my browser which it should not either do

highly annoying and not even close to user friendly

(link to the problem and picture is in my first post also from old forum)

SoVvjsU.png

• I think you are talking about different problems:

a) Itemshop doesn't open at all ingame and gets opened in the browser.

b) Itemshop opens ingame but only shows the error seen above.

I get both of these problems occasionally. If a) happens, I have to restart the client. If b) happens, I just close & reopen the itemshop.

Edit: Problem a) started occuring a few weeks (maybe 2 month) ago, but is getting more and more frequent recently (last days).

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited once, last by Rynak ().

• i fully agree with rale, fifi, rynak.

this error appers every day severel times on all chars.

most of the time 3 or 4 times in a row, its only fixes a bit if you change the zone! - thats annyoing, you cant port everytime anywhere......

• I went back to the old forum- here's my post about fixing it.-

I have WIN home 10.0.16299 64 bit Firefox version 59.0.2 which as far as I can tell is up to date. I logged in my Uloon alt and opened the Item Shop. It went to a full browser version of the IS. I went to the IS depot. I distributed a Badge of the Trial(not overly valuable).

It did not go to my currency list, my IS backpack or my regular backpack, but it is no longer in the depot. I don't use chrome because it won't stream video cleanly, and I don't use IE because I have never liked it. Tell me I don't have to switch to Edge or IE, unless there is a way to set it as default for just the Item Shop.

Okay. since posting, I went to my Windows Settings, found an advisory in "Device Performance and Health". It said I needed to upgrade my HD video driver. Did so, rebooted, and viola!! IS back to normal. Only the great god Redmond can understand why, but software is like that. I am not really surprised that something like that would cause a seemingly unrelated problem. Software is like that.

• Re: Itemshop opens in external window

Reality is, we cant reliably reproduce it. I haven't had it happen even once yet.

There is also no clear pattern of OS used / drivers / Browser type or version.

Example I'd like to share:

It happened ONCE on the work computer of one GF's QA guys ... a one-off. Once.

Some hours were spent trying to even get the problem to reappear to investigate it but no dice.

For all we know, it's "entirely" random. (It surely isn't, but there is no distinctive pattern outside of randomness yet).

FWIW I'm using latest Win10 Pro with latest Chrome myself, not happened once.

If anyone to whom this happens "all the time" is somewhat tech-savy and available during EU business hours I'll gladly ask a QA member if I can forward you directly to them ... for one-on-one testing.

But for now, we don't have any other options than just to collect all the reports and see if a pattern emerges. :/

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Have not had the itemshop appear in a browser now for a few weeks, was happening every few days previously. Though did recently reinstall windows, so could also be something to do with that.

• Must be security settings of internet explorer, anyway, why should i mess with my internet explorer if i dont use it, and why should i mess with my windows settings?

It is job of you guys to fix your game, if u cant fix, make site where we can log and buy items, this is funny and amateur...

• SaitoHajime

I might help to discover whats problems is going on with Item shop

I use win 10 and I have 3 browser on my pc: Chrome, Firefox and Edge

I have 2 account:

n.1 account with ladyalyssa + alts

n.2 account with starshine + alts

with account n.2 i never got issue with item shop

with account n.1 i usually got issue with the char ladyalyssa but with other alts in the same account never had (so i started to use item shop from alts)

I tried to open ladyalyssa's item shop from another pc (with win 10 and firefox browser) who I never used for log it and worked fine

SO I endup to the conclusion issue is in some single chars setting files from main game folder, my suppose is sometimes there is some code setting who makes some conflicts with database/item shop connections

Thats all what I noticed and tried to fix my problem with my main char cause with ladyalyssa char I have item shop issue almost everyday :((

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Opening in browser haven't happened in a week or so now i guess just lucky since i haven't changed anything really.

But the original problem still persists and videocard is up to date so is also windows and browser.

Only one thing i can come up with is that Kashaylan zone seems to be worst of all (also can be just random). But lol how can one zone be different than others.

SoVvjsU.png

• Must be security settings of internet explorer, anyway, why should i mess with my internet explorer if i dont use it, and why should i mess with my windows settings?

It is job of you guys to fix your game, if u cant fix, make site where we can log and buy items, this is funny and amateur...

Really? If the problem is actually a problem with your PC, GF should maybe send someone to your house to do the maintenance on your computer. Interesting concept, but not really useful. I found a configuration issue. Lady Alyssa finds it works on one PC but no tthe other, and concludes it is a problem with settings on her pc, but she doesn't know which settings. Everyone who can post about their SOLUTION will help GF and RW get it figured out.

• Erm no I never wrote is a Pc issue, I wrote

SO I endup to the conclusion issue is in some single chars setting files from main game folder, my suppose is sometimes there is some code setting who makes some conflicts with database/item shop connections

means if is a code issue with setting need GF or RW to fix it, cause most likely there is a file who conflict with something but only when there are some variables who for me is impossible to found, i'm not a coder :P

So thats my conclusion, maybe I is wrong maybe not but could help to found a solution :)

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3