censored words?

• been wondering for a while now about all the censored words in rom atleast ones i know of that are a little confusing

ac

cave

salo

ofc not including vulgar words if any other words are censored that's part of the game feel free to add. my question is why are the censored?

• Meant to be because of vulgar meanings in languages other than English.

Boo is another one.

AC is the worst example, imo, because it causes the broken links that people often complain about and many people don't know about putting ac in your allowed words list to fix that.

• problem is : we play in Euro server and 90 % of censored and problematic words are

from fact that Frenchs play also on this server,,. during French rich history they invented and used lots of words for others ( mostly cos of wars they were involved )...now this fact slap them in face as returning boomerang....

...but main problem is selectivity of censors...and fact that that original owner of game was Froggster....and we all know how englishs call french....

theres is ingame word filter but you must work on it manualy....

anyway..this game isnt for younger then 12..still i think...

...point of this game is to kill...kill more...kill faster..and all other activity in game is to improve main thing...to kill....thats fact...

..there was no single peace conference as i know so far....

• This human is a true philosopher of enlightenment.

However, I would like to point out that many French words are censored without being counter-charter. Because they may be an insult once translated into another language.

Like for example:

Cave - Cellar

Douche - Shower

Retard - Delay

Baiser - Kiss

and many others as well.

I think that linguistic diversity is for a reason. And not only because of the French language.

• I have a list of 56 "banned" words (mainly German and English), which I have collected by myself and added all to the "strings visible" list.

But you could also get the full list for each language setting from the game data, ... if you know how to do that.

• A funny fact is also that by adding certain words you can see linked items that was broken when you clicked too, no not a joke.

SoVvjsU.png

• Very true.

I recommend adding at least the following two words to the string visible list:

• ac
    • faf

But at least those words may by pure random occur in the hexadecimal data, which describes the nature and values of the item link. They get censored and replaced by funny symbols and that is why the item-link gets broken. You cannot see this, but you just don't get an item-popup anymore if you try to click the link. Unless you add those words to the exception list.

I don't know if there are more of those, but only those words which consist only of the letters A-F are a problem.