Success rate of plussing jewels

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • if you count all +30 gear on all server and if you by some god hand can monitor it in past you can see that sample is tooooo litlle to make any statistical result from it....

...simply...theres no enough money spent on plussing to +30 whatever we think...

...btw..dont excpect GF will tell you how much we missed....or yewels failed...

..only fair thing with plussing is to put constant perfect stones in shop or give 1 perfect for 3 failed....

..from my perspective as player at some point when that was possible some players got perfect stones...now i cant get them...

• Are you kidding ? Seriously ?

So I recall that this data on jewels success and failure rates come from the data files of the ROM client. It was extracted by a German player and posted on the old German forum. I had linked this page on the old french forum and Hardwell had translated it... I saved the image before old french forum was deleted.

If we must have a doubt it is only on the reliability of the random function used to apply theses probability...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• ....you can use that table...or another one as reference...but there is math issue how you look at probability or success in plussing....

....its same as calculating MTBF for equipment or gear ..or hard disk...etc...

..to be short...gear (plussing fail rate ) is weak as weakest link is...and in case of complex gear..chances to gear will fail are multiplied....in other words..using your table chances to + gear all the way from +20 to +30 are very low....

...and ye...you will never know how many dias some player used to get to +30....

i think that info peoples hold deep in head...

• Is +30 really necessary for end game?

Name - Class/Class - Guild - Server

-----------------------------------------------------

Natalya - S/R- Soultakers - Phoenix

Thormin - C/R - Soultakers - Phoenix

-----------------------------------------------------

"Animadverto"

"Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more than we can teach them." - Alfred Charles Hobbs

• Is +30 really necessary for end game?

No not really. I think +20 is what most strive for these days unless you got some dias to burn. The benefit going above might be that you dont really have to tier another weapon when new cap comes, or so people tell them selves and then ending up doing a new weapon anyways.

• using your table chances to + gear all the way from +20 to +30 are very low...

First, it is not " my table " it is game's table.

Second don't know why you're obsessed with +30. The discussion is also interested in +20, +16, +12, +6...

Third with the table you can calculate the probability of success for a series of draws quite easely. Example (in connection with your obsession) probability going from 20 to 23 with three jewels is 0,75 x 0,4 x 0,3 id est 9%...

Is +30 really necessary for end game?

Is it usefull to go high in plussing ?

PVE : Well players challenging hard mode are most often >= 23 at least for the weapon, the rings, the troussers and the chest to improve damage...

PVP : Humm... I met some players with +30 weapon and +25 armor and jewels... Despite my PVP stuff is +16 and tiered +8 I die one shooted as if I was naked... And with my old daggers level 95, +22 tiered 12 and +18 tiered 9, I do no damage on them...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• Well. On most items its not worth to even go beyond 16. On some it is. Inusually try for how high i can get. Worked out sometimes at least.

Hut the rate is horrible and the spread too. So plus an item to 30 with 11 stones. Or to 21 with over 1k stones. (Yes. Someone did that. Not me though)

In the end: you dont need any of that. Aim for 23 and thats it.

• it seems that you need 3 times more jewels nowdays to plus items.

My personal theory is that the succes rate must have changed due to so many stopped buying dias.

One thing is sure this has to change cause every day people leave cause game became too expensive. You can easily spend 10k dias and ending up with a worse item than you started with.

Worst fear is that you will soon need even more jewels. 100 euro is not as it is enough for even 1 item.

I have recently made 10 new items and don't want to wear them cause my old gear is better plussed.

As it is no point in making any new items really. Also means no point to play the game.

SoVvjsU.png

• it seems that you need 3 times more jewels nowdays to plus items.

Not only to you, but x3 in what time counted? Once upon a time I went to +6 on accessory with stones for gold. Try +3 nowadays with those. ^^

Feels like we're frogs in a pot while the water termperature increases and the success rate gets lower, huh?

• Even worse- I used several titanium hammers on a new pair of Soul Sword wings, and ended up with a durability of 100. Not only did fail, the wings never made it to 101, even for the first hammer.

• GF did introduce the no-fail adv. jewels last week. It took 10 of them to add plus 1, but there were no drops. Take it however you will.

well introducing new stones that will fail ten time more than the current one isn't really a working solution for the problem.

Game still remains too expensive and not worth it.

SoVvjsU.png

• GF did introduce the no-fail adv. jewels last week. It took 10 of them to add plus 1, but there were no drops. Take it however you will.

well introducing new stones that will fail ten time more than the current one isn't really a working solution for the problem.

Game still remains too expensive and not worth it.

totally agree, really want to make new gear but not about to spend $1500 doing it.. really no point in playing