Success rate of plussing jewels

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hi,

no comment, just tell my experience today...

I needed to plus two daggers... The first one needed to rise from 17 to 20 and the second 16 to 20.

First I bought five jewels (promo 400 each). The two daggers rised to 19...

After that I bought jewels one by one... And it was a long and desesperate 19-18-19-18-19-18...

The final result ?

24 jewels bought, 14 succeed, 10 failed, 9 minus 1, 1 zero...

For 9600 diamonds (more than 200 euros) I got 1 dagger which rose from 17 to 20 and the another from 16 to 18...

It should have been done with 7 jewels...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited 2 times, last by Renovatio ().

• well... duuno how old are you but you should read about Einstein theory of relativity...both of them....anyway...in theory are used 2 or more point of views...theres also speed involved...and energy...and if you include some energy conservation law heres result of it :

1...from your point of view : you spent 200 Euros in speed close to speed of light..and plussed dagger close but not to desired power

2..from GF point of view...they earned 200 Euros approx. speed of light...

btw...heres fun part why Einstein still work here...:

200 Euros sink in black hole..

but...but....how to get them back ?

Let say average player has +16 gear..and you manage push it to +20 ...with some dias it will go to 24-25 after that it can end in infinity

With +25 dagger you can pull some good gear from instances ( if not just leave game cos my knowledge stop here),,,sell that gear for dias or gold---and you are good...

here is again theory of relativity :

Alice play hard every day and after 2 year she got dagger to +16

Bob play from last month and got dagger to +25

Crowd is all around them ...they look Alice..then Bob..then Alice ...Bob....and it repeat all night....

anyway...they have mixed emotion...same as we here..again 2 points of view :

1st....i m happy ..i know guy with +25 dagger

2nd...haha...he burned 200 Euros...

• I studied Einstein theory a long long time ago in the last century. I remember there are strong laws binding energy, materiel and constant, The speed light whatever your own referentiel never changes... I think you bargain the meaning of Einstein laws for cheap philosophy...

I don't cry for my euros. Who care ? Not me. I also drunk some wiskey and finaly it goes to toilet.

I cry because my loved game is sinking in black hole of greed !

Average player with +16 gear doesn't play anymore...

The end game player with +25 gear doesn't buy dias with his gold for there's no more dias sellers...

Player with gold doesn't buy stuff for there's no stuff at the aunction house...

Whatever your point of view is, you're blind not to see the servers emptying...

What kind of crowd around Alice and Bob ? Are you Varanas central place ? It's empty !

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited 2 times, last by Renovatio ().

• back to Einstein....and how universe was small..then it expanded....and now without doubt rush to be small again....

universe will be so small it can fit in your hand...( Guardians of galaxy )..its not philosophy its reality...

once there was Froggy game Bounty online....it pass full cycle from above....as

technology advanced at the end it was sold to some Spanish-Mexican game provider...all worked after that but with more Spanish words involved...

..one day...servers will be strong same as new small PCs today..and all this will end on gizmo that fit in your hand....

...good thing is that game is on Steam and i presume they have some obligation to keep it running in some form...even ended in South America like all Germans obsolete things....this is fact way back in history....

My main concern about game is in peoples that jumped into team and they kill game by statements like " enjoy Egyptian scenery "...an i know for that i m in Taborea...

....and yea...universe was small for us in past...there was moon and sun...and some dots....we all looked at same picture..but with technology each of us can look at different thing on sky today....it is same with games...1st ..there was Tetris..then few more...then ROM....and after it it was tons of games....and soon...there will be game for each of us....its reality...and reality is that we will probably die with this game

(RIP for those who already did..some game masters,moderators or players )...

...chances that you find someone in your family or around you that will continue to play your game are very low.....

..so enjoy while you can....

• Agree 100% that the cost of +20 jewels is still, even after the 20% reduction recently and with the 20% weekend discount, ridiculously high.

However, I cannot understand how people have such high failure rates on jewels. It has never taken me more than 7 jewels to get an item from 17 to 20 and usually takes 5. You just need to remember not to try to plus something that is fully stated and drilled (for weapons, tiered 1st but not drilled). Also load up with all luck plusses and know which time of day is your character's luckiest.

• Agree 100% that the cost of +20 jewels is still, even after the 20% reduction recently and with the 20% weekend discount, ridiculously high.

However, I cannot understand how people have such high failure rates on jewels. It has never taken me more than 7 jewels to get an item from 17 to 20 and usually takes 5. You just need to remember not to try to plus something that is fully stated and drilled (for weapons, tiered 1st but not drilled). Also load up with all luck plusses and know which time of day is your character's luckiest.

Maybe you're just the lucky one? And that other stuff is just an idea of yours since it doesnt matter if tiered or not, statted or not. Rate of success is shite and the price is far too much.

• Don't care if jewels fail. just DONT make them lose a level ffs. That is the fix to keep both sides happy.

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

Maybe you're just the lucky one? And that other stuff is just an idea of yours since it doesnt matter if tiered or not, statted or not. Rate of success is shite and the price is far too much.

You carry on believing that and I'll carry on having jewels working far more often than not :)

• wow, Einstein's theory, playing any part in ROM is laughable.... when a company makes it's own algorithm of success rate for cash, the laws of chance favor whom? I would say who want to pays to fail, this why ROM is a game of thousands and not millions. We see this in the fact your money buy's less diamonds.... 140% down to 30% but you get 10% to 50% discount on cash shop items, does this math favor the player or the company?

• they dont use random number generator...or even pseudo random generator....they still have chicken that pick numbers ....depends if chicken eat that day or not..thats how lucky you be during plusing gear...

• Story goes that lowering the dura to 0 by white hits, sending the weapon to a lvl 1 char, putting a Loot X into the 4th slot, buffing the low char for highest drop rate You can, placing the char in Ystra in front of Angry Gecarce, the success rate increases by 5% !!!! :)

• back to Einstein....and how universe was small..then it expanded....and now without doubt rush to be small again...

I'll keep in mind me not to register to your science university. Expansion-contraction of universe is still an open subject with no certain answer, and, anyway, has nothing to deal with plussing jewels success rate or servers population. What kind of character do you play ? Chaotic-evil montain green troll ? I play a lawful-good hobbit and I don't like you !

Agree 100% that the cost of +20 jewels is still, even after the 20% reduction recently and with the 20% weekend discount, ridiculously high.

I ask myself why I have such high failure rates too...

The two daggers were not stated or drilled...

I had once before such a bad rate for two rings... 28 jewels were needed for the 2 rings. And like yesterday it was during an happy hour promotion...

Why would I want to finish the plussing on sunday ? To buy only the strict number of plussing jewels at the best (or should I say the less worst) price... Quite cartesian isn't it ?

I am not alone in this case. And it is often the same challenge plussing from 11 to 12... Who try nowdays plussing from 4 to 6 without perfect jewels ?

• Stating or tiering your item does not affect your plussing result.

And when did that change???

It was always the case that the star value of the item effected your plussing chances. Tiering a weapon with level 1 stats would lower its star value, hence making it easier to plus and stating any item with high value stats raises its star value, hence making it harder to plus. Drilling an item also raises its star value, making it harder to plus.

Edited once, last by Caladin ().

• Stating or tiering your item does not affect your plussing result.

And when did that change???

It was always the case that the star value of the item effected your plussing chances. Tiering a weapon with level 1 stats would lower its star value, hence making it easier to stat and stating any item with high value stats raises its star value, hence making it harder to plus. Drilling an item also raises its star value, making it harder to plus.

Plussing only depends on the chances of the stones itself which are then used according to a formula.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Story goes that lowering the dura to 0 by white hits, sending the weapon to a lvl 1 char, putting a Loot X into the 4th slot, buffing the low char for highest drop rate You can, placing the char in Ystra in front of Angry Gecarce, the success rate increases by 5% !!!! :)

Its also said that it needs to be fullmoon and offering something to the gods help or standing on your head in the house on a chair list is endless

SoVvjsU.png

• Once upon a time this had been written :

(thanks Hardwell)

As you can see it is very easy to fail and dropping from 19 to 18...