Any news about new merge?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Break rules, thread closed. I don't know how this is so difficult to understand. Please enlighten me. Give us a feedback with a proper attitude and you can say whatever you want to. Always been like that and never will change.

But instead you show an attitude that we can't take serious. It's not our fault if you start raging. It's not our job to eat up your colorful language.

I keep telling you guys how we all together can archive a change. But if you want to keep it like that instead of starting to accept my suggestions of how we can enhance the communication between players, teamlers and product team, you fire an unrelated comment at me. I am not upset at all. I will just continue to support the community as much as I am able to. And if players keep jumbling with that, I can clearly say we tried.

Of course we do our oopsies and ouchies, but we continue to learn from this. That being said, we also believe, that you are also able to read and listen.

Please understand:

We have to count the amount of players and the numbers of likes (optional) in your constructive feedback.

Get everyone and your grandma abord. Tell them "Hey I posted feedback here. If you like it please help" Something like that. Communication on the forums needs to improve. And if you have suggestions how we (as in team) can help with that, please feel invited to do so!

--

We do not go through pages of countless off topic, false assumptions, more off topic, insults and even more off topic again.

It's not in our responsibility to play babysitter.

On an unrelated note, I have been away for the past 2 months and still the same is happening. I was asked to write a bigger report about the recent situation, but also supposed to use the forum for this. There's not a single useful thread.

Either it's just one person suggesting, very few responses or someone thought it was great to throw with words that smelled like dung.

We (the teamlers) do know that you want a change, we do understand all of your issues and here I am telling you how we can archive this.

The choice is yours.

This is my personal feedback right back at you. You can ignore it and continue with whatever or start to help make things better.

It is by no means happening over night. It's a slow process, but at the current state this process is at a full stop, because there are simply not enough helpful posts.

• Please understand:

most of us have given up and have found another place to give feedback and ask questions.

here is no confidence there! No more words! Acts must follow now, otherwise people will not come back to the forum.

• So if i understand right, we can just get a change if we post some Feedback and a lot of Player like this Feedback?

Otherwise nothing will happen?

• So if i understand right, we can just get a change if we post some Feedback and a lot of Player like this Feedback?

Otherwise nothing will happen?

Likes are optional to support the opinion of your feedback. What we need is the community engaging with the forums constantly.

When I repeatedly forward your feedback, the response is "everyone" is not a measurement.

--

Someone: This is still up to date

Someone else: Who said that

Someone: 3 Users in the beginning of 2010, 4 in 2015 and the rest keeps telling us how nothing gets changed every now and then

Someone: This is still a severe bug

Someone else: How many suffer

Someone: 1 user reported it and same 2 users poke once in a while

--

Of course I might be exaggerating a little but this is how it generally goes. In all games.

This is how priorities come in effect.

Get together, call your friends, give feedback all the time.

And for the love of alpacas, don't give me more trolls, my pure white soul can't handle it and then I have to call the dio to clean up the mess :saint:

• "Break rules, thread closed. I don't know how this is so difficult to understand. Please enlighten me. Give us a feedback with a proper attitude and you can say whatever you want to. Always been like that and never will change."

LULULUL let me laugh , I got banned on forum for 2 months just for asking to re-open english sw thread and asking (and not insulting at all) gm to go slowly on the censorship cause EN sw thread used to be closed so many times compare to DE one. Was that an incorrect behaviour or insult ? I don't think so , so please stop telling us we can say whatever we want on this forum , this is not true !

//edit: Warning for flame.

Angry shouting will not help your case. ~ Diogenes

• What we need is the community engaging with the forums constantly.

This ship has sailed and sunk a long time ago. The community has learned to avoid the forum, there's nothing to be gained from investing time here, and there are less restrictive platforms around for casual conversation. Gameforge has demonstrated too often that no matter how much we engage here, it will get ignored.

There were two major community attempts to improve the game several years back, one regarding class balance and one regarding crafting. The community was specifically asked to work out a concept for those, which resulted in a huge compilation of easy to implement improvements. Some players spent several weeks of their time bringing this into a good to understand format, several dozen design pages. Years later, after repeatedly getting told we should patiently wait for those improvements to get implemented instead of asking twice a year about the status, we learned that it was all just a show to keep the community busy. There were never any plans to follow up on those concepts.

Sorry for being blunt here, you asked for honest feedback. There is nobody at Gameforge caring about, or even reading our feedback. Your effort to pretend that we supposedly matter in even the slightest way is appreciated but it ultimately just leads to more wasted effort and more disappointment. Feel free to prove me wrong, dig up those concepts, they still apply. Until someone with the power to change things comments here on each improvement contained I won't believe there is anybody except you who even remembers that this game still exists.

TL;DR: The community has prayed more than enough, there are no gods.

• If you used only half the energy wasted on ranting how bad it is that we're trying to encourage, the teamlers at least had a base to start of

The "everything is bad do something" feedback is the least of use that you can imagine. I know everything is bad, you know everything is bad. Someone up in the clouds thinks well this isn't the best situation but it's still running.

You can try to convince these people (how that is I explained countless times) or you can leave it as it is. I will continue to forward it.

I mean even this thread although the most off topic thing recently, still a progress. And I am thankful for it :)

Because here we have much more than one person expressing their opinion and much more movement going on. This is a big progress compared to the last 5 months. Please do not stop here.

• you guys jump from a side to another,my question was if is any news about merge, a simple yes or no would be great so we should know if we look for another game or not,i dont ask about patch because change nothing,we need more people,more people mean more diasellers ofcourse,more diasellers mean more profit for company its easy dont need big brain for that,thx

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• you guys jump from a side to another,my question was if is any news about merge, a simple yes or no would be great so we should know if we look for another game or not,i dont ask about patch because change nothing,we need more people,more people mean more diasellers ofcourse,more diasellers mean more profit for company its easy dont need big brain for that,thx

From the knowledge I have right now there is no new merge planned currently.

My last posts might sound very off topic-ish but I'm trying to explain how it is with the general feedback, including - but not limited to - merges.

You need to stand up for your needs, continue to write feedback instead of getting back every few months. Continuous feedback gets more attention. Especially when you're able to phrase your needs in a manner you prefer.

If english is a difficult language for you (everyone not belonging to Vidar, Idun, Aeterna, Phoenix reading here) continue in your respective board with the language you prefer. There's still de, fr, pl es

Especially the latter 3 ones. They look very inactive, but the teams are always here for you and will forward the issues you have.

Also, I know how all of this sounds. I'm not disillusioned.

I can't and don't want to make you false hopes, so this is all I can say about it.

• Sarkas, other players do have a point here. Many people are reasonably skeptical about the message "tell us what you want and hope we won't ignore this like we've been doing it before". And what about numerous suggestions alrady made by the players?

But if you are serious about this could you please advertise in the announcements section? More people might get a chance to learn about the opportunity.

Also as a game master you are sure aware about the problems and can make suggestions of your own. Pressing "like" is easier than compiling a list and we'll hopefully collect some votes.

Thank you

PS. Few months ago the GM team shared some updates on Siege War rules. Many questions were asked about the subject but i don't remember any of the answered. And this is not something that requires hard work of Gameforge CEO. Most of the quests were just requests for clarification which can hopefully be handled by Game Masters. This is another good place to start.

Edited once, last by Utu ().

• Hello :) Thanks about merge answer but about my suggestion?

As Utu wrote players made a tons of suggestion, and I would to glad to know if the suggestion i made of move chars can be possible or not, since in Aion (one of the most popular Gameforge Mmorpg) there is the chars transfer options since months. You can see here https://en.aion.gameforge.com/…aracterTransfer_17052019/

I mean same company = same management I suppose?... Also both game are a bit similar

any plan to do the same here? I think we all would be really happy

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

Edited 2 times, last by ladyalyssa ().

• They look very inactive, but the teams are always here for you and will forward the issues you have.

The team lost this community some time ago. Maybe the team should be active and show that it wants to be there for the community. Instead of always taking sides only for GF party.

• I will include it to my next report, but as usual I can't make promises.

• I'm sorry Sarkas, but I simply don't believe these posts anymore.

GF will just use any suggestions we make to find new ways to screw us over. Why should this post be any different?

• Well guys, if GF changed forum to also have a more social-alike feedback, let's play it. It will not cost you blood or money to just give a like or repost some old and well known suggestions. Simple and unique point for each trhead, they check how many ppl support it by replies and likes and give priority accordingly.

Back to topic, i'm not sure Vidar, my server, is in so need of a merge even if it could not harm, but i strongly think other ones should be merged.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• for the few playing on any dead server, yes a merge will be loved by them.

But a merge isn't going to fix anything.. they merged 7 servers into 2.. then 2 into 1 for American servers.... neither merge fixed anything..

population came back for a bit after both mergers because people wanted to see if anything had changed..( like price).

but alas once they realized nothing changed.. they all left again... it will be very hard to bring those people back... ( fool me once, fool me twice?)

So, while a merger will be helpful to the few active players... it is only a bandaid over a gaping wound.

Until REAL change happens, it will just be more of the same.

Cut the games prices by half on everything, and give twice the amount of diamonds per dollar than before at a sheer minimum, and we can talk about ways to bring this game back to life, with us players promoting it, and advertising for you by word of mouth...

I used to try and recommend lots of players to play this game, till they changed how much diamonds you get, and the price of this game got even more expensive than it alrdy was.

10 people buying 1k diamonds is the same as 1 person buying 10k diamonds...

and guaranteed the person that buys that many diamonds... will still buy that many diamonds.

But I digress and im veering off course.

have a great day.

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• at this point best solution is change game ,exactly what 80% of rom already did ,merge wont happen lets be realistic no matter what gm say ,wont happen and if happen will be to late,changes on IS i doubt it, fix buggs doubt it also,like i said time to play another game ;)

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• Hello,

1. Merge

I play on Nuada. At least three guilds hardly survive being able to challenge hard mode. Two easely, one with help of two others needed. Two others guilds are still active trying to recruit people and that's all. Perhaps there's still betwen one hundred and two hundred players at the most... Yes we need merge. But merge will not be sufficiant.

2. Forum contribution

I am french speaker. French forum suffers the same difficulty than french server. So, if the ratio is one forum contributor for twenty players I think that, at the most, we could have five or ten contributors on french forum...

I was a talkative contributor, in french, on the former forum. And I find it very sad all community's contributions and history was erased and thrown to the barrel of Danaide without care or consideration for contributors' work...

Do you remember how long before erasure we were warned ?

Why did you not find a solution to keep all this work online in a read-only mode ? Yes it was kind of a mess ! But in this mess there were valuable propositions and solutions...

Do you thing throwing contributors' work at the garbage without consideration will be with no consequences ? We french have an adage : "Souviens-toi du vase de Soisson."

3. We need a miracle

Do you remember of the thread "Slap in the face" ?

You say you lower the diamonds' items price and in fact you upper it... And several months later you wonder why there no more nobody in here ? O my goodness are you kiding ?

Could you simulate the price of an end-game full stuff (1) in diamonds and then in euros just to realise that this game is out of price ? Do you believe we are all rich men ?

(1)

A weapon tiered 13 and plussed 23 with 4 holes and 3 runes rank nine.

Two rings plussed 23 with 3 holes.

Three others jewels plussed 16 with 3 holes.

Armor pieces with 3 holes tiered 8 plussed 16 and chess and trousers plussed 22 (for damage).

Runes 7 on all pieces (Judge, enemy, tyran, etc.).

Yes I agree with FarmerTom. Multiply at least by two the numbers of diamonds for a dollar or an euro. Divide at least by two the price of each item in diamonds. Divide at least by two the probably of fail for jewels. Multiply at least by two the probably of getting structured items.

And then be confident in the player community to announce the good news everywhere !

Let's quote a famous french author, Bossuet : "Dieu se rit des hommes qui déplorent les effets dont ils chérissent les causes."

A parabole for conclusion

The prophet was in desert with a very little bunch of fellows.

The prophet : my dear fellows, where are all our comrades ? It seems they disappear !

A fellow : O Prophet they left for they don't believe any more that a miracle will come !

The prophet : tell them that they should come in the desert and shout in hunger for the miracle and then the miracle will come !

An other fellow : I'm afraid O Prophet we already say this these last years and unfortunatly the miracle doesn't occured...

The prophet : We were not enough. We must shout in hunger in a large crowd for the miracle to come !

The first fellow : O Prophet perhaps you could tell God doing the miracle just now and we will go everywhere and testimony that the miracle has come...

The prophet : Why should they believe you the miracle has come yet they don't believe until now ?

A third fellow sceptical : O Prophet, do you mean the miracle we wait for so many years wont last and can't be seen by others who where not here ?

The prophet : Humm, it is a difficult point of the faith, I could make no promise of how long the miracle will last and how huge and incredible the miracle will be for only God knows what miracle he will do...

... to be continued in a RPG thread ^^

PS : I will contribute with game's improvement proposals on the thread open for this purpose...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• I've been away for a few months due to a change in work and location, but if - and I mean if - GF is serious this time?

1. Support your supporters: provide a BASIC subscription.. Say $10/mo that gives 1K diamonds per month, 25% off all shop prices and 1.5x phirius tokens per turn in.

2. Change loot tables for memento vendors to give out real stats again. More people challenging instances = winning.

3. Make all instance gear bind on equip except for the last 3-5 instances. More people running instances = winning

4. Allow gold and memento conversion to/from diamonds.

5. Change normal mode instance stat drops to be the same as hard mode. Here you could make memento and eoj pulls the same table.

It's obvious the people in charge of rom @ gf don't play this game, so they don't care about breaking the gaming experience. If they use the above suggestions to in-break the game, they may have a resurgence of players.

...and please, kill your greed... Even with subscriptions/memberships, gf should still have diamond sales periodically. Remember, there is no physical inventory, so tell the accountants to get over themselves.