Any news about new merge?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hi,i think title say everything :D any news about new merge?maybe next year?2 years?10 years? some answers plz

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• its been almost 7 months since i ask,i belive no news about merge or something right?Servers are most empty.lets hope you give second chance to the servers who didnt merge in the last one,ty bb :)

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

• Hello :)

I actually have the same question: If possible a big merge with EN + FR + ES ?

also I would glad to know If eventually my suggestion about Move char options here Servers Merge or Move char option is it possible or not.

Cause with servers so empty would be great for ppl have this option

Thanks

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Given apparent populations and a lot of players "merging" themselves to new servers by creating new chars on same accounts, I don't think the incentive is there for a new set of merges.

I understand that doesn't help those not in a position to start afresh, but I think that's a big factor in the lack of further merges.

• idk in what server you play but i asume your server got last merge,and i bet is almost empty,game need a merge you like it or not ,people quit every day,no merge ,no new patch no nothing rip game.i know i supose to write in sp forum because is where i belong but i ask to close a thread months ago and is still open,sp forum is abandoned,well sp server is abandoned :!:

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

• Taxi: I think you misunderstood my reply. I don't disagree that further merges would benefit the game. I simply don't think there is any incentive for Gameforge to carry any out in the current climate.

Klaymen's post, if accurate and I have no reason to disbelieve it, confirms a long held belief that this game will come to a close at some point in 2020.

• Runewaker will be closing down their own TW realm of the game which only ever has seen content updates delayed by one content update to our server (e.g. when we get the next zone, their server would receive our current zone... with all the fixes since our release included ;) ) and sported activity-levels that reminded me of our good-old Thalia AU server back when it still existed ... and that was back in 2016 when I last was bored enough to make an account and actually log into their version of the game - so a shutdown of TW is hardly a surprise, it still being alive in mid-2019 is.

So far this means exactly zilch for us here but we'll be poking around on Monday for someone with GF-stamping (no, folks, not stomping :P) powers to reaffirm the whole thing.

Source: http://www.runesofmagic.com.tw/newsinfo.php?newsid=1478 (chinese)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Merges lol, runewaker is ending his work on ROM in september, so we can assume that the game will soon be closed :)

It is true that Runewaker is shutting down their own TW Runes of Magic servers BUT this has nothing to do with us. Our servers remain open and we will keep working for updates and next chapter release!

• Rom is always quieter during the summer time, so it's not necessarily correct to assume that the servers are dead just because of this. I don't think we will have a further merge for at least 1 year, if you consider the time between the previous 2 big ones (EU servers > Aurora + Agenor and those 2 > Vidar). It would definitely be nice to have a greater population all on one server, but it would just cover up the cracks imo - ppl would get bored after a few weeks/months of farming new instance and complaining that it's either too easy or too hard, and also there will probably be no new lvl cap in the next update - so only new things will be a. gearing b. instance c. cards/quests. This isn't the right forum for suggestions so I won't go into detail!

TLDR ; Server merge is a lazy way to make the game look more active than it is. (Maybe lazy is the wrong word, i'm sure technically it is not easy to merge all of the data).

• wont say to much, just : aktl take your head off the clouds really

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

• We need your voices. Not just the voice of one or two people. There needs to be more players showing us (Gameforge) what they need and wish for.

Do not stop complaining, do not stop raising your voice. We encourage you to continue to keep saying what you need. And this isn't only something for EN. Everyone in their respective country (here in Runes of Magic we still have different teams responsible for the different languages available).

If you're french, continue to post your feedback in the FR section.

If you're german, continue to post your feedback in the DE section and so on.

This is no news to you, you know how it rolls.

There is only one rule above them all when it comes to feedback:

Do not insult the peoples around you.

We do perfectly understand your frustration but you need to voice them until the change you are looking for has been made. We keep forwarding your issues, but if the forum becomes silent, all possible changes will become just a dream from a past that has never happened.

Why certain nations believed in raindances? Because they didn't stop until it actually rained.

Might be kind of a weird example, but I know you guys get the point.

• The thing is that Gameforge doesn't seems to care about what we wish. They're doing small bugfix that should've been done years ago and keep ignoring important wishes we ask. This merge for example has been asking for like a year and they never answer about it. They should just watch about there datas about players loging on French/Spanish server compare to other ones and they'll see that they did something wrong. Or just look at AH , even on Idun/Zikiel , AH is less empty xD . Same for new content , SW's, new things in the Itemshop. Every interessant wishes seems to be put in the trash. I don't blame GM's for that, you guys can't do much about it but it's discouraging to have many ppl asking for something multiple times and not being listen.

• Well... people are complaining for a few years now and to be honest GF wasn't really reacting to those complaints. Your words mister Sarkas can be very encouraging but GF is conisdering maybe a 5-10% of all the complaints and implement the things from them to the game. People just don't believe GF, cause the company was and is lying for a long time now. It's only their fault that this game looks and I guess is abanonded now, by them and by the players, cause GF don't really give a thing about this title.

• I love u and ur words, Sarkas, but it's clear that GF must pay more attention at this game in order to avoid a wasteland with four people doing the same things day after day until they get tired

• yeah i love his post also and very true zhap :)

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

• Thank you for your kind and honest words, it's appreciated :)

We also forward this kind of feedback and all I can do is repeat myself. Keep giving us feedback, tell your friends to use the forums, make a use of the like button, when you see that there are suggestions that you actually like.

Keep it coming. I can not promise you changes being around the corner but with continuous feedback and likes we for sure get closer to that.