About Runewaker

• + in discution mage class is not Damage dealler and

Priest or druid are heallers

why change in damge per second all class has his purpes, why change a mage class in to a rouge or scout or warrior

• If the magician should not be a Damage dealer, which magic type of occupation should be the Damage dealer?

Requesting to improve magical damage is nothing more than balancing the obvious professional gap

• The main flaw with magic damage is that it's also based on weapon speed, but in reverse. The longer the cast time, the better.

Everything in this game, though, is geared for physical dps <-- damage per second. So improvements are put in the game to constantly reduce the attack speed.

Magic damage formula should ONLY take the original weapon speed for the damage calculation. This way, faster cast = more damage because you can cast more spells. As it is, faster cast = weaker spell damage.

The other problem is that RW made physical damage greater than magic damage on mage weapons. Obviously, this should be reversed.

RW fixes that & most mages will be happy.

• This statement may be misunderstood. It is true that in the skill description, the longer the spellcasting time, the stronger the spell power. However, the cast time reduced by, for example, runes or potions does not reduce the power of the spell.

Maybe it should be said that the initial cast time = initial intensity, but the shorter the cast time after Buff = the higher the attack frequency (and does not reduce the initial intensity) So it will be stronger

So the ideal situation is that RW provides the player with a potion or food buff that can sustain a 0.5 second cast time (preferably for more than 10 minutes, and does not cancel other buffs). And improve the outbreak Buff.

I am not sure if anyone in the international version will use the wind attribute magic as an attack. However, in the Chinese version, no one uses the wind attribute, so it may be better to improve the damage of the wind attribute magic. It is best to combine the wind and fire attributes, as I suggested before, let increase the damage of the magician combo, so that the electric Bolt's damage time, the flame can give additional wind attribute damage, and further increase the fire damage, or the effect of Plasma Arrow, from increasing the critical strike change to increasing the final magic damage.

• Having said that, I don't think it needs to be that much of an increase tbh. M/W and M/Wd can do very good damage at endgame, as long as the party setup is good and the boss isn't dead on AD (the real reason why everyone thinks mages are terrible is because this is the case at endgame). Run with a wl/m who stacks 4x fire debuffs before AD and a good staff, and you will see that M/W can easily do 20-30% more dmg in burn than a w/m. (just practically, it takes a lot more effort to make a new weapon and new set of gear for wisdom and bravery. Is it worth it? idk).

It doesn't really make a difference if you can get 4x stacks of wl/m. If you're going to go through so much effort to do 6m damage flames, might as well just play scout and doing 150m snipe + 150m CC. You'll have to flame a long time to do that much damage.

It's not that mage doesn't do good damage, its just that alot of classes just do that much more, AND don't require the party to be made around them.

Back in the day, we made a 100 page thread about Mage rebalancing on the US forum, and I think the german forums had a thread of similar size about the same thing. That was honestly a new low seeing RW reply "We had no idea anyone wanted this!".

To get more damage for all mage classes, the only effective way is to increase the multiplier constant in the magical damage calculation. The last time I remember an official comment on this, it was increased from 1 to 1.6. Maybe try 1.8 or so.

Curious about this too. Can they not adjust the damage formula? Sliding in a multiplicative constant would seem really effortless. Not a great rework, but still an easy solution to globally buffing burst and sustained without a massive overhaul.

Edited 6 times, last by ruisen2000 ().

• In the Chinese version, I also gave Runewaker a lot of advice on how to improve the Mage.

Like modifying the coefficient of magic damage, providing additional combos, and adding wizard-specific enhancements.

But they have always said: publishers of the international version are not willing to modify.

That's why I want the international version of the players to give feedback to Gameforge, so that Gameforge has enough pressure to ask Runewaker to intensify the magician.

• + in discution mage class is not Damage dealler and

Priest or druid are heallers

why change in damge per second all class has his purpes, why change a mage class in to a rouge or scout or warrior

So if i understand you correct you say mage is no dd?

Then what is the purpose of mage?

Mage can´t heal, can´t tank, can´t do reasonable support (except m/wl).

So it´s only purpose can be damage.

And there he lacks in every situation.

AoE-Damage (trash) - champion is way stronger

Single-target-burst (boss) - scout, rogue, warrior,.. is way stronger (in the end every pdd)

Single-target-over time (event boss) - w/m or champ is way stronger

That´s the problem - the mage lacks in every situation. He only can compete (and we allways talk about equivalent gear) if the group is not too overpowered and the fight lasts 10-12s.

To my mind - there are several ways to balance the mage compared to the other classes.

- increasing the m-weapon-damage

--> everyone will hate wl/ch in siege even more

--> maybe not the best idea

- increase the bonus of fire-/wind-damage via passiv-skills

--> if these skills could be leveled to 100 this would increase the damage

- increasing the cast-time of flame

--> look at the damage formula

--> a flame with a basic cast time of 4s (e.g.) can still be reduced 0.5-1s

--> will do more damage in burst, offburst will stay the same but higher hits with higher interval

- new set-/elite-skills

--> extra fire damage or extra m-dmg or....

- rework of the damage formula

--> why is m-dmg depending on skill-level?

--> make the skilldamage more relevant (now it´s just added - so 1kk flame is 3k from skilldamage and 997k from second part of the formula)

- new boss-events

--> several adds which need to be taken care of, one just takes m-dmg (look at sirloth)

--> maybe with a strong melee-aoe to prevent just using w/m

The main-problem is the current design of dungeons.

The Defence-values are so high, that your only way of doing reasonable damage is to burst. You need everything you have to lower the defence of the boss and increase you attack in the same time to get over the defence. And since most of the needed skills therefore have a pretty short timespan you can only do it for a very short time...

And the mage is no burst-class. And given the current damage-formula it is hard to get him near current burst-classes without overpowering him...

• "back in the day," mages were the masters of cc.

But seriously.. magic damage on weapons should NEVER be lower than physical damage.

Can you imagine the current magic weapon builders of the past few chapters in this game?

So... we found some wood that's as strong as the toughest blade or axe... we're gonna make staves out of them so mages & priests can whack mobs with the best of them!

uh... could we possibly go with that other wood that seems quite magical in nature & would complement the mages & priests better with their spell casting?

NO! mages & priests want to whack things!

• So if i understand you correct you say mage is no dd?

Then what is the purpose of mage?

Mage can´t heal, can´t tank, can´t do reasonable support (except m/wl).

So it´s only purpose can be damage.

The main purpose of a mage is to farm daily quest items for those who were allowed to enter a dungeon ;) /* irony off

• Take a look at Runewaker's introduction to the Mage. The current level of damage to the Mage is really ironic.

• The reason why the 2-H Staves have more physical damage than magical damage is because they were also meant to be used by battle monks (W/P in my view, not P/W) but, as with many things in this game, that was never fully implemented.

• I doubt it. I remember that I used to use the Memento Savage Staff on my p/r until RW came down with the nerf hammer on it, reducing it's usability.

& see.. that's where p-dmg staves should have always been, in the Memento shoppe. Just like the magic swords, hammers, etc... are now.

"real" magic weapons should always have magic be the primary focus.

But when scouts of magic took over in chapter III, RW gave in to the dark side & said.. screw you mages! you will do physical whacking of the moles.. er mobs

• Battle Monk idea predated the mem weapons, just like the original idea that mages would either choose fire or wind attributes (hence why mages need double the Tp of any other class). They had some nice concepts around the start of the game that just never took off.

After chapter II Scouts got nerfed, they upped mage damage a lot and, for a while, M/W was the ini DD of choice. Then ppl discovered W/M power and all the pDD options and mages went out of fashion again.

• So long as Mage DPS is viable, I don't think any mages would be too concerned whether staves have more Pdmg or Mdmg. But point taken, it would be pretty funny if Pdmg was higher.

In the Chinese version, I also gave Runewaker a lot of advice on how to improve the Mage.

Like modifying the coefficient of magic damage, providing additional combos, and adding wizard-specific enhancements.

But they have always said: publishers of the international version are not willing to modify.

That's why I want the international version of the players to give feedback to Gameforge, so that Gameforge has enough pressure to ask Runewaker to intensify the magician.

We did. They told us it was sent to Runewaker. The person who told you internation versions didnt ask for mage balancing is lying or has no idea what they are talking about.

• That's why I want the international version of the players to give feedback to Gameforge, so that Ga

We did. They told us it was sent to Runewaker. The person who told you internation versions didnt ask for mage balancing is lying or has no idea what they are talking about.

I think so too. RW's customer service should be shirking their responsibilities. This is really a bad service attitude.

• I believe Runewaker told anybody who asked for balancing: "We have no more developers who know the game. If we have to find somebody to get this knowledge, you have to pay for this. "At this point of time this request has been sent to the "product responsible" at gameforge. And he/she is the end of every idea to be implemented.

• Novar

Closed the thread.