What are the most effective classes for a new player?

• I was going to go mage/priest/knight, but then saw a tier list that says that M/P, M/K combinations are not really that strong. I browsed a bit here and saw people suggest M/Wl, since this combo is in high demand.

I think I wont get to end game raiding, and I will probably just mostly play solo (getting max level, collecting pets, making gold, doing professions, farming dungeons). Not really intrested in doing competitive PVP. Is M/Wl still the best combo for all that?

Can you give me any suggestions on what I should play? I think I will almost certainly be a F2P player.

• Since you seem to be looking for a magical class combo, here are my suggestions :

1. K/M - one of the best solo classes in game and still strong in group content, uses cloth gear and magical weapons. High damage and survivability.

2. Wd/D - Similar to k/m in that it is very hard to kill, also perhaps even better for soloing as you get access to healing from the druid subclass.

Mage isn't a very good class for farming dungeons nowadays as aoe is quite weak compared to the strength of mobs, and it is extremely squishy. M/W is good if you need to burn something fast tho.

K/M/W is a good trio as you can play k/m, w/m, m/w with all the same gear, just different weapons.

If you wanted physical combos then you can't look past Ch/R or Ch/M. Very good classes for farming, high dps (Ch/R), high survivability. Wd/W is good too.

• Hmmm, dont know if I wanna change into Wd/D, but I will try K/M/W, thanks!

I hope I can get at least something done with this. Dont really need huge piles of gold.

• Also, do you suggest leveling my classes evenly or try to rush high levels with one of them?

• try with this rule :

main class -- questing and killing ...questing is done with quests for advance on world map and epic line quests ... skip quests that dont give exp higher then previous quest..leave that for lower class

second class...try keep it up to 9 lvl behind main class..cos you need it for elite skills...theres lots of skills in game..

third class...use rest of quests and exp orbs

if you have limited time for playing game leave questing for TPXP event ..they on weekend.... and do something else during week...

dont bother with farming talent points before you hit end lvl ( use talent points on 5-6 skills that give fastest kill rate ) ,,--when you hit top lvl you get relative most talent point...and you can easy max all skills and after that watch as time go by...

btw...no matter class you play dont think that you can contribute to any raid with your skills until you gearup and hit top lvl....just join raid in guild and be quiet...watch not to die..watch not to pull boss...yo may sit down ....its fastest way to lvl up.....

• Also, do you suggest leveling my classes evenly or try to rush high levels with one of them?

It is indeed best to keep your second class around 5-10 levels behind your first class.

For elite skills mainly, you can get elite skills when both classes reach 15,20,25 etc.

• If you wanted physical combos then you can't look past Ch/R or Ch/M. Very good classes for farming, high dps (Ch/R), high survivability. Wd/W is good too.

For Physical Combo Class isn't R/M or S/R viable?

Also is K/P better or K/W ??

• both k/w and k/p is in high demand for instances because of their buffs/debuffs, but k/w is preffered as main tank because of its better aggro and k/p is preferred as off tank or alt

both r/m and s/r is very good dps for instances r/m is also good in sw

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• both k/w and k/p is in high demand for instances because of their buffs/debuffs, but k/w is preffered as main tank because of its better aggro and k/p is preferred as off tank or alt

both r/m and s/r is very good dps for instances r/m is also good in sw

Oh, great.

So would K/W or K/P be good for soloing too, which one is better?

• Tbh, as a newstarter every K/x combo is quite annoying to play. You can easily solo almost everything (except raid content), especially as K/P since you can even heal yourself. However, you need forever to kill even a single open world mob. It might sometimes feel like the game runs on 50% of the speed it is meant to be played.

Experienced players can work around that, since its possible to get leveling equipment that helps your damage a lot without much investment. As a newcomer however, there are some points in the game that might be very exhausting.

If you really want to go for a knight, I strongly recommand to use the K/M, since this allows you to effectively play as a magic DD and actually kill stuff with a decent speed. Later you can still change to a tank by picking up priest or warrior as a third class. For most combos, its fine to have your secondary class on lvl 50, some require 60 (quite possible) or 70 (will take quite a while without help).

Something that should definitely be mentioned: All the tier-lists and most recommendations you get are considering the end-game raids where only a certain few class combinations are viable. If you want to play mostly solo or lower-tier content however, basically every combination works. You might be less efficient in some regards, but every class can level to max, farm pets or run the instances from lvl 1-75. Some are just better than others, but generally speaking, until the end-content, in RoM there is always equip > class.

• Alright guys, thanks for the replies.

I am now wondering which magic pet should I get for my M/K/W class combo.

Is there a single pet that will be the best overall or it will be specific pet for each combo? Wanna start setting some goals for myself

• K/M/W is a good trio as you can play k/m, w/m, m/w with all the same gear, just different weapons.

Just noticed this... You mean I should use cloth as W and K? Or at some point my mage will be able to use chain?