Is sad to say that i won't be continue playing this game for some time.
For many years i have enjoyed playing Runes of Magic, i've meet some really awesome people and have had the most fun during my time online. But it have now come to a point where i have to stop, and this is not because i want to, but because the game demands me to.
Seeing how the game slowly showing singns of lack of new content, when we are used to getting new content each year. Seeing how the game has become a hard pay to win game, rather then free to play, where the drastic changes over the few years, really have made endgame impossible to be a part of, wich again takes away a lot of fun. Not only for me, but aslo for many other players.
Some of the reasons why:
- Less advertisments for the game, less ingame "events" (Advent calender, proofs events, GM events, to mention a few).
- Ignored community and veteran players, to focus on new steam release & new players, is NOT great. (wiped old forum).
- Diamond reduction, item shop changes in general (the removal of the old working shop, replaced with a buggy shop), ruby changes, wheel of fortune thinghy.
- HARD endgame unbalancing: +20 - +30 jewels added, old class & skills bugs not fixed.
- Gameforge "community letters" about the great future of the game, etc getting siege out of beta, better communication with Runewaker, corretion of bugs & future content. Seeing how it's still a empty promise.
- Gameforge buisness model in general.
Don't get me wrong, I love the game very much. But over the years my fun, my free time investment have slowly faded away. My glory days are gone. Runes of Magic's glory days is gone. And until the currently publishing company "Gameforge" changes it's game policy, until they show a way of commitment of bringing back these glory days, im more and less done with the game.
Funny fact, i started playing RoM due to i could not afford the montly subscription in WoW, now it's actually cheaper to play WoW than RoM
Well.. I guess ill be seeing you all around in some time, or maybe not.
Have fun playing all, cherish the fun & the good moments you make ingame, it's worth it, until you run out.