Time to take a break from the game.

• Hello everyone.

Is sad to say that i won't be continue playing this game for some time.

For many years i have enjoyed playing Runes of Magic, i've meet some really awesome people and have had the most fun during my time online. But it have now come to a point where i have to stop, and this is not because i want to, but because the game demands me to.

Seeing how the game slowly showing singns of lack of new content, when we are used to getting new content each year. Seeing how the game has become a hard pay to win game, rather then free to play, where the drastic changes over the few years, really have made endgame impossible to be a part of, wich again takes away a lot of fun. Not only for me, but aslo for many other players.

Some of the reasons why:

- Less advertisments for the game, less ingame "events" (Advent calender, proofs events, GM events, to mention a few).

- Ignored community and veteran players, to focus on new steam release & new players, is NOT great. (wiped old forum).

- Diamond reduction, item shop changes in general (the removal of the old working shop, replaced with a buggy shop), ruby changes, wheel of fortune thinghy.

- HARD endgame unbalancing: +20 - +30 jewels added, old class & skills bugs not fixed.

- Gameforge "community letters" about the great future of the game, etc getting siege out of beta, better communication with Runewaker, corretion of bugs & future content. Seeing how it's still a empty promise.

- Gameforge buisness model in general.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game very much. But over the years my fun, my free time investment have slowly faded away. My glory days are gone. Runes of Magic's glory days is gone. And until the currently publishing company "Gameforge" changes it's game policy, until they show a way of commitment of bringing back these glory days, im more and less done with the game.

Funny fact, i started playing RoM due to i could not afford the montly subscription in WoW, now it's actually cheaper to play WoW than RoM :D

Well.. I guess ill be seeing you all around in some time, or maybe not.

Have fun playing all, cherish the fun & the good moments you make ingame, it's worth it, until you run out.

• sad to hear that but understand completely. I too have done what you are doing now. it's just not fun anymore how everything is now.

• I fully agree.

You may not remember,

After you visited the Japanese version forum of this game, I began playing with this international version after the service in Japan ended.

I watched lots of videos you posted and I soon became a fan.

I am grateful to you.

If new content increases, and you come back, I would like to welcome again.:)

• I stopped too this month. Beginning to think that quite a same situation as was with Runewaker's next game Dragon's Prophet in 2016 already.
    They stopped releasing any new content there and everybody left. Game itself was good.

6763 quests completed, 1829 monster cards

• Blue you just started on new server. How come you already bored?

Or you sad that someone ( half of new sever populations) outgeared you in no time?

And again bad class choise maybe?

Well see you back in a year.

• You traitor;(

Hmm.. so after being loyal to the game for the past 9 years, you would say that i'm a traitor? It's rather Gameforge you should blame.

see you soon again when we have new content

New content won't necessary get me hyped for the game again, seeing it all most likely will be a copy - paste zone with a closed dungeon (like usual). New content are at this point overrated lol. If the people behind the game, makes better desisions - based on their community and actually listen, then i will most likely return.

Blue you just started on new server. How come you already bored?

Or you sad that someone ( half of new sever populations) outgeared you in no time?

And again bad class choise maybe?

Well see you back in a year.

Jupp, started on a new server, had fun, got good gear (ish) and people catching up is just a good thing, makes hopes for those who still enjoy playing on the server to one day be able to clear hm dungeons. It's not that at all, i felt the game became a bit boring and hopeless again. Im not at all sad, im not at all mad, but im very tired of the whole concept gameforge are running. Makes me almost depressed. Kinda lost the fun of playing, then not worth my time really.

• bye bye

Would be great if Phelan would read this to maybe get an idea what is happening to this game - but think he´s allready gone forever...

Maybe it would even help if Polog or Celes would read such a thread... but it seems they also do nothing more than writing "no mentainance this week"...

Edited once, last by kako88 ().

• Funny fact, i started playing RoM due to i could not afford the montly subscription in WoW, now it's actually cheaper to play WoW than RoM :D

Same here... in retrospective, what a silly decission :D

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Novar

Closed the thread.