old returning player characters missing

• hi there,

I am a returning player from years ago. It appears that after logging in, a) my characters have gone missing and b) my forum use has been reset so that it looks like I am starting from 0.

Can anyone point me to posts on this subject?

KingSilverRiver

• Kingsilverriver

Changed the title of the thread from “old returning player account help” to “old returning player characters missing”.
  • They have had server merges (2) on the NA side in the last few years. If you had not logged in in a while, then you have lost all of your characters. There was a deadline for logging in and saving the characters, and even extended it for a little bit. But sadly if you haven't logged for a while, then you have indeed lost everything.

As for the forum, they had to have a new forum because the old forum was not up to date on security levels of some kind. So they were not able to copy much of anything from the old forums.... although several people did get a few things copied and was able to put it into the new one. But a LOT of info that people really could use, like the people that started when they put ROM on Steam, is lost forever.

• Thank you, Jaxsom,

I feared that the worst-case scenario may indeed be the case! Was hoping to start back again on a good note. Well, hopefully the individuals responsible for destroying everything in the transition have been fired and replaced with better talent, and we can expect a smooth sailing adventure from this point forward! Here's to positive thinking!

King

• The character deletion was intended, so no firing would have taken place. A game as old as rom would've had millions of inactive accounts and as such gameforge chose to remove ones that didn't login during the initial deadline.

• Server merge took place in 2015 and everything that has logged in until one year prior to that has been merged. After that for the late comers it was possible to get their characters merged by submitting a support ticket before february 17th 2016.

If you still have diamonds and/or rubies on your account, you will be able to access those after character creation. While diamonds are account-wide, rubies are bound to the server you gained them.

• So, more updates. My old character still exists! However, I believe I mistakenly downloaded and registered my old email to the UK server, and somehow that linked up to Steam and created a new generic account where surprise, my character never existed.

^The above sentence doesn't really make complete sense to me, but it is my best guess at this point.

I don't really get it but am in the process of downloading the US version now. We shall see what happens next! I do not encourage anyone to hold their breath, however.

King

and thank you to everyone who has replied

• You can also send a support ticket with the question to unlink your US account to your steam. After that has been done, you can change to UK in your browser and link the right account to your steam.

I had the same problem some months ago. Takes some time but is easier in the end.