Diamond Reduction - Slap in the Face!

• 30%? really. okay i tried to stick up for this, but that was just a stab in the throat. They just tanked the amount of diamonds you get on a promo, to nothing. There isn't even a point in waiting, you are only getting 2340 diamonds on a 50$ USD pack, when before with the 140% you would get 3204. Nearly 1k diamonds less for the same price. This is bullcrap.

• Let me ask people that play other GF games... do these games require real money to buy progression items in these games?

I'm trying to understand this "balance" that GF keeps talking about.

Honestly, it sounds like the ID10t Jedi Council in Phantom Menace where they keep talking about balancing the farce.. They had just won a huge victory where they killed and/or forced most of the Sith Lords... yet they still sought a "balance." Where they create a new Sith Lord to wipe out all of their potential Jedi's.

• pretty much all of the client games, yes. I'm not familar with the browser games except OGame from more than a decade ago.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Great. When I quit buying diamonds 5 months ago I was getting for USD 100 with 140% promo (only way someone sane would buy USD 100 diamonds) around 8400 dias. With new prices and today's 30% promo I would get 6825 dias. So new price means you get around 25% less diamonds for the same money. I guess that make it easy, I wont be buying dias again anytime soon, and probably will leave the char to get old and stop playing at all, not that I play much these days anyway.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• How about now? Its time!

• Before Phelan AMA After Phelan AMA Delta Delta %
    100,00 € 3000 4500

promo % 140 30

diamonds 7200 5850 - 1350 - 18,75 %

Thank you Phelan for listening to us. It's so rare and pleasant to be listened to and understood. Do not hesitate to help us again. We greatly appreciate.

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• I assume the Sunday HH is a weekly thing and that at some point we will get the 50% version, like other games. Unfortunately, that will still be short of the 60-65% needed to match the old 140% we became accustomed to...

• Think I missed Aqualink, Heron, and any others retraction of statements, eating of words or jumping on rage trains.

You Do Not Get What You Want

You Do Not Get What You Need

You Get What You Get

GF's new mission statement

• Thanks for the chart, Renovatio. I don't like those numbers. :(

Checkmäte
    Warden / Warrior / Rogue / Scout / Mage / Druid

Server: Aeterna (PVE)
    RIP Indigo (PVP)

• Postponing diamond sales while new and old players are willing to pay full price to buy items like the Dragon promo pack are what I'd recommend Game Forge do. When the promo start again like today, I would recommend Game Forge start with smaller promos like today's. What can I say, I am an accountant.

I also have patience and can wait for a better promo than today's, and I can comfort myself with the knowledge that the more money Game Forge makes off of RoM the longer the game will be around and the more love it will receive.

All that said, per Renovatio's example, a 50% promo would equate to a 6.25% price increase for diamonds. Assuming no change to item shop prices other than the recent drop in the price of the Dragon promo pack, that is a pretty big jump in prices at one time.

Inflation is a fact of life to which I am resigned, but a slower phase in of what appears to be the actual final price increase might have prevented sticker shock with the old player base.

• Well, I suppose they don't want my monthly $19.99. At this rate they won't be getting any more $$ from me. X(

I came back to this game a few months ago after being away for almost 4 years. I've been enjoying the game again. While I was away from RoM, I played a subscription-based game which was fairly priced. It cost me more to play RoM and now they're making it even more expensive????? I'm not going to give them my money for less than what I was getting before the 'Diamond Tariff Change'.

Edited once, last by CalliB ().

• I do hope that those who are happy about these sales continue to support GF & I hope you outnumber all of the "old" players that GF has decided to write off.

This is a line in the sand whereby GF has decided that they no longer want "old" players playing to "poison" the crowd.

Stay thirsty people & enjoy the game as long as you can stomach the cost @ end game... when you realize the thousands of dollars required to stat pieces to run later instances, remember your acceptance of GF's choices. I hope you do not turn bitter, at that point, deciding whether you want to try to +30 a weapon or pay your mortgage.

• Let me ask people that play other GF games... do these games require real money to buy progression items in these games?

If you haven't heard of Aion, its a game that is quite similar to RoM and WoW, and is published by gameforge in eu, they had a 'relaunch'. Players hoped for less p2w and cash required to gear to basic endgame, seeing the way it was relaunched by its korean counterpart with the same. But within 2 weeks they have added all sorts of items in the cash shop - some even of 'legendary/red' rarity, transformation contracts etc., enchantment stones similar to plussing here in rom, ingame kinah(gold) nerfed, without which you are a basically a sitting duck. The list is endless. If the forums and social media communities are anything to go by, it as bad if not worse, and will progressively get even worse.

• There were some rumored store-changes coming aswell, if you guys are lucky they might drop some itemprices. But its gameforge so dont hold your breath. :D

• Wama

Changed the title of the thread from “DIAMOND REDUCTION - SLAP IN THE FACE?” to “DIAMOND REDUCTION - SLAP IN THE FACE!”.