Game Crash

• Dear Devs

I played rom back in 2009-11 ,spent a lot of cash on dias for my chars .

there was a few problems with game back then 1 of the worst was the game crash ,ROM is now on steam which means it`s gotten a revievel (new players coming in and old coming back ).

BUT the game still crashes :cursing::cursing::cursing:

You had almost 7 years to fix the problem ( dont say its because of my pc as this thing is only 1 year old and every other game i play works fine ).

• The game crashes because of a known memory leak. The only way to really fix it is if they were to re-code it and that would take too much to fix. also, having a newer computer is not the best. A lot of people have found out that an older computer can run the game a lot better with fewer crashes than someone with a newer computer. you also can crash because of add-ons... if you use them. so if you use add-ons, you might want to remove the add-ons one at a time to see if any of them could be causing the problem.

• Anything interface related eats up more memory as well as the view distance. Turning off player/npc names and blood bars also does help a little

zA1b5MQ.jpg

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Super Game Master & Event Manager US / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

[17:39:03] <@Iso> sarkas.exe has stopped functioning

[17:39:12] <@Heron> 404 shark not found

• Sadly it is true. By reducing settings you can manage to play the game a bit better especially view distance matters a lot.

|Quest Completed: 6929|Titles obtained: 694|Cards: 1844|

• Because your PC takes the game better obviously.

Others need to reduce crashes by putting the settings lower. That is nothing to do with your luck.

• memory cleanup software running

what's the name of the soft you're using ?

Can you list your addons ?

For Steam client players there's an option to set de maximum amount or RAM used by the client ( maxMEM=1536 for eg.)

I'm curious if it's possible on windows clients / old accounts to prevent the client to use more than 1536 or 1024 Mo of RAM...

And if this can fix game crashes :/

• That is if the game in question actually implements such a parameter in the first place, and is, to my knowledge, totally independent of Steam.

If that's not the case, can you point to a Steam Documenation with those parameters?

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• I am not sure if this software is responsable for not having game crashes but it's a fact that I usually don't have any. There are just some exceptions: porting a couple times in a row or going to dalanis and moving to fast over there.

I bring up the addon-list later today... you can find the software in the annex.

Do you join sw too? An actual sw with 10+ players for each side?

Cause is in Sw players experience the most annoying crashes.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• funny 9yrs, and we're still thinking we can stop the crashing on our end, sorry folks nothing you do will stop the crashing, turn your settings down walk don't ride in cities, turn all addons off, Tried it all....... love the game hate the (you fill in the blank)......

• :D:D:D

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D All 100

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W 100/100/100/100/72/71

Just an old and humble legend :)

Merge Ibergard + Vidar + Nuada

• Honestly ? Wishful thinking.

It has more to do with the fact that shop integration for the Steam API relies on things that are buiilt-in into Windows (and It's API) that simply do not exist unter Windows pre-7.

Also, Windows XP and Windows Vista are both completely out of any support by Microsoft.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear