Who the Hell is this Phelan Guy?

• Hi!
    most of you won't know me, so a short intro:
    I am Phelan, responsible for the Community Management, Support, Localization, Facility Management and Human Ressources departments. I report directly to our CEO and am part of a five person Executive Board (CEO, CTO, VP Marketing, VP Products and myself).
    I have been working at Gameforge for more than 11 years.
    My Runes of Magic knowlegde is rather limited, normaly I play all of our games before we decide to publish them, but this Game came to Gameforge through the merger of Frogster and Gameforge. When we launched it on steam I tested the installation, played around a bit and am now kind of hooked. I am a small level 23 warrior and play whenever my job and my family allow me to.
    However, most questions you will ask I will probably not be able to answer myself, but I will get you answers from people that know.
    Cheers,
    Phelan

• Ohhh welcome to Runes of Magic! Nice to see a guy from the upper floors playing RoM =)

Personally i really like your initiative and your Q&A project.

Still.... in RoM the main class doesnt define properly your char... what secondary class have you got? ;)

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Swap it around to knight/warrior. Thats the true tank. Also should make lvling a little bit easier since you have mana as main resource and not tension.

• hmm..
    when I was still young and still played another game that was quite similar to RoM, i was a Dwarf warrior tank.. a lot of skills seem similar.. I'll stick to it for a bit..

• Nah.. I don't want to miss the levelling experience. I never levelled my secondary class till that post here.. so now I am playing the knight.. Interesting. far better than the tin can from that other game..

• You need the elite skills, RoM gameplay is about elite skills

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• I wouldn't recommend rom to my friends anymore, due to the fact that they have to spend their entire bank balance to get to an endgame level,until gameforge address this, I think player numbers will continue to steadily decline. The game is too damn expensive to get into, and it's off-putting. I have seen a lot of players return recently, and 90% have quit after reaching level cap or close to it, because they don't want to invest the large amount of money to reach endgame.

Also as for your answer to my question about happy player base, your answer is good from a pr standpoint, however in reality it's lacking. Players wouldn't mind gameforge making money, it's a business after all, however when players are constantly treated poorly and we only see gameforge making money, they feel like trash and nothing more then a bag of money. If you had a poll for how happy players were, I think you would receive the general response that players are unhappy.

• At the beginning it is ok to spent more than you earn, even during some phases (eg if there is an update the translation costs are pretty high) it might be ok to spend more than you earn, but overall the game must earn it's keep.

Are you for real? its ok to spend more then you earn? its a game! It shouldn`t require my bank savings to enjoy it and feel competitive.

I cant wait to spend 50 Euro on 2-3 +20 jewels, to end up worse then i started with. If you think thats good investment, you`re delusional :). Now do that x15 items (and thats just the plussing)

Deciding to not buy dias for this game a long time ago, one of the best life decisions i made.

• Are you for real? its ok to spend more then you earn? its a game! It shouldn`t require my bank savings to enjoy it and feel competitive.

I firmly believe he is talking about GameForge spending more money on the game than they make with it.

Like when it is in Development or just new to their portfolio. FlopZone, for example.

• Are you for real? its ok to spend more then you earn? its a game! It shouldn`t require my bank savings to enjoy it and feel competitive.

I firmly believe he is talking about GameForge spending more money on the game than they make with it.

Like when it is in Development or just new to their portfolio. FlopZone, for example.

And yet my point still stands. The cost of this game is not comparable with anything else.

What are those higher spendings of GameForge anyway?

New content? - we dont have any for like 1 year now

New festivals? - we dont have, same old ones from ages ago

New zodiacs pets with new buffs? - well we dont have that either

(just few examples)

Any changes for better in Item Shop? - nop, same 4-5 promos that are being used over and over again

There is absolutely nothing new in this game since the lunch of it. And dont say mirrorworld, thats a just a cheap copy/paste of existing content already. (mostly like those "new" zones too that we had in recent years)

• I believe at the time when they changed the Item Shop, was the excuse of "GameForge to have control over it".

What has GameForge done since? NOTHING.

They removed the wheel just to be replaced with a new one.

Changes in price of items? nop.

Better promos? nop.

The only change to the Item Shop since then, was removing a good tool that worked fast and good, for a "new" one that is crap.