AMA with Phelan - VP of Customer Communication

• I would like to know if you will be reviewing things in the game so you can make relevant changes?

eg. Looking at the blue quest gear items and ensuring still workable/relevant and providing updated Experience Points/Talent Points for quests or providing more or longer potions free for new people questing because getting to cap in a few days is not achievable to all.

Cash shop items - regular changes to costumes and mounts, deleting irrelevant items no longer needed (like clean mana stone tier 5s in gashas)

Offering things long term players need like the permanent backpack pages (maybe permanent bank pages too) charged one off and not in mega/starter packages.

Updating festival event items and titles. Changing up events for new ones or new mini games.

Providing access to more rare recipes ingame to enable people to be more self sufficient.

Thank you for your reply :)

✨🌟Have a Nice Day🌟✨

• What's the deal with plussing jewels success rate? And would it be possible to maybe improve the luck rate on the more expensive ones, such as the +20 jewels (which is a big deal end game).

• Hi, I want to ask if there is a cap for attributes like wisdom, strength, stamina, defense, etc.

And the same time I wanted to ask which is the real cap of wisdom that affects on druid and priest, or wich is the threshold that makes the formula change.

• Did you (GF) already extend the contract for RoM with Runewaker or do you plan to do so? In the last Community Letter you wrote it runs until 2020.

Are you planning on changing the success/failure rate of gemstones (or did you do it before), maybe decreasing the failure rate to make the result less random?

Do you plan on publishing the success rates?

Edit: Found a more important question ;)

Edit2: The likes came after the edit ^^

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited 3 times, last by Rynak ().

• Offhand hammer with int/matt as a ghost stat. D/R can use the 1h hammer from dreamland as an offhand but the ghost stats are wisdom, patt and healing power. Would be cool if D/R could use a dagger in offhand so they could use a memento dagger (int/matt ghost stats and has higher magical damage than the dreamland hammer, which I think was really designed for a healing K/P).

• Are there any plans to make the normal-mode for inis useful again? Today you can't run anything if you don't have 10-12 people because if you have less, then nobody wants to run normal-mode instead of hard-mode even if they know that they won't get enough people for hard-mode during the next hours.

The reason for this is:

- 95% of the stats that drop in normal-mode are crap and nobody wants to run for hours to get 1 good stat in the end that he has to share with 5 other people

- Hard-mode gear is much more powerful than normal-mode gear so even people who know that they will never be able to run hard-mode refuse to run normal-mode and prefer to buy hard-mode gear in auction house

- With every new zone there is usually only 1 useful piece of accessory that you can buy for ancient mementos and once you got that piece, all you can buy for mementos is mats for crafting or guild which makes mementos pretty obsolete nowadays compared to the times where you had a chance to get good stats on memento items

• Will there be an exchange NPC for the senseless Cenderil hearts you do not need?

Likewise 1 to 2 and for gold on a realistic scale ^^

sperre.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• The support (ticket-system) of this game is very bad.

For example, I´m still waiting for an answer since 17 days.

Another example : in the german-support it makes the appearance the gamemasters prefer some players very much more then other players.

Will you do something to make the support for this game better?

• Since the first day of Gameforge's own Itemshop for RoM, many players are complaining about it's poor performance.

Will Gameforge make he Itemshop faster, more useful, reliable and clear?

• Years ago, when the Diamond trading option via the ingame auction house was disabled, this was labeled as "temporary" until a long term solution for the existing problems was found. Do you plan to enable an official diamond trading option in any way in the foreseeable future or are satisfied with the current situation?

(Solutions to realize this in a way hopefully without or minimal involvement of runewaker where made by the community. If you are not aware of those, the board crew can surely give you information on that)

• Since a lot of questions were allready asked...

When can we expect some balancing-patches - as well for PvE as for PvP - which are needed for years now?

Would have at least 20 more questions (advertisement, new players, hearing at coms opinion/suggestions,...) - sadly just one is allowed...

Edited once, last by kako88 ().

• How do you, as a Publisher, intend to bring the demands, needs and wishes of the players to the developer, Runewaker, so that these demands are going to be implemented? (Background: The game has the big problem that the needs and demands of the players and the development by Runewaker, if you even could speak of a development, are so far apart that the game is at the verge of collapse for years, even though the game has very high unused potential)

- just a question from an no-longer-player

• I want to know if the gambling will be removed from the game or placed as in game item only. With Online games ( video games that all ages play - MMPorg/First Person Shooters - refer to the debacle of EA Star Wars ) that has caused several countries to outlaw Online Gambling basically stating from what I understand that games ( MMO -FPS ) are not allowed to sell power by chance ( Loot boxes that grant a chance at an advantage ) or in RoM case the plussing gems as well as gasha or the Wheel of Destiny.

Will rom abide by the law? If someone pays for a plus to gears they should receive that plus not a chance at that plus where in most cases it equals a fail and a degrade of gears.

It is illegal for children to gamble! - and your game I am sure has just as many kids as it does adults playing it and your disclaimer(ToS) does not allow you to break the laws.

This is an older article but in case you wonder what my concerns and question are, this should assist in helping you understand my concerns. Since Gameforge is located in EU they have to be aware of this - https://www.theguardian.com/co…mbling-loot-box-addiction

• Are you going to actually meet the demands of the players that are still in the game one of these days? You can talk and answer questions all you want but what good does that do if things dont change? We have been saying the same thing over and over for the past 8 years, its still the same problems now as back then. Listen to what we say and make a compromise, at least....