Quality of content

• Hi,

I have a few points to discuss and suggestions to make regarding the quality of game content i.e. storylines, zones, models etc.

1. Linear gameplay: By this I mean the setup of the zones, below level 55 we have fantastically designed zones (whole of Candara!). The storyline weaves across various zones that are not stacked in a line, the zones themselves are expansive enough to get a sense of grandeur. On the other hand all zones that are released now feel like point A to point B. Why can't we have non-linear zones?

2. Quality of zones: Here I want to point out the richness of features in the zones, If we look at zones like Dragonfang Ridge and Ystra Highlands. These are beautiful zones because they have complex designs e.g. the sea of snow and its contrast with the low lying areas (the road from Aslan to Dust Devil Canyon), or in Dragonfang Ridge (the various routes, elevation levels etc.). This kind of complexity adds first, space to fit more content in the same region and second, it just feels more deep and realistic.

3. Copy and paste: While this game has been reusing models, themes and music for a long time, the last few zones are blatant copy and paste under the guise of a silly story about inter-dimensional transport. The story line is very, very shallow compared to the richness of the Morrok questline and before that the other epic questlines. There isn't a good underlying story anymore, it's just a bunch of random quests. It appears to me that the developers have simply lost interest in giving us even the tiniest amounts of ...

4. Underutilized zones: There are many places in the world that could serve some purpose in driving a better story (Iron gate in Rorazan, Temple of Mysteries in Dragonfang Ridge, Gate to the Void in Sarlo) Why design these quite cool looking (and sounding) areas and not have any quests ( or a few random quests). The tower in Ystra for e.g. is well utilized in this respect.

On this point, I am also very curious, the Temple of Mysteries in Dragonfang Ridge has some really cool design and also unique background music that has not been re-used unlike other stuff. As far as I know there aren't any quests there either and no NPCs. Why does it even exist in the game? And why not do something with it?

5. Are we ever going to get an answer to the various characters and stories mentioned throughout the game like Banegithia and other demons. Is the void ever going to be accessed?

As you must have observed by now, for me the story of this game is a huge plus. I don't really care about having the best stats however I do find it annoying when I can't access the story without gearing up (which requires an exhorbitant amount of money) and secondly when the people managing this game can't even bother to create content that is worth experiencing. This is an MMORPG, not a production line for higher gear and higher stats!!

Most of these issues might pertain to the developer and not the publisher but who better to convey this information than you!

Finally, please do listen to the many people who are asking you to price things reasonably and adjust the game difficulty to make it accessible to more players. (Ideally I ought to be able to handle instances 5 levels below me with moderately geared characters and crafting should be easier/rewarded better)!! Check out this thread for more on that.

Thank you! :| Would love to hear opinions from others!

Beneath the gold, the bitter steel!

Edited once, last by Bittersteel ().