ADDON on steam game. Not working

• addons should be in the runes of magic folder that is located here

steam > steamapps > common > Runes of Magic > interface > addons

also it would help if you mentioned the addon that doesnt seem to work.

• I am having the same issue, and none of mine are working. I placed them in the location you said, and they seem to be trying to start up. Some of them (like comeonin) give me a notice saying my install is corrupt. Other addons I was trying were wowmaps, advanced auction house, lootomatic, and healbot just to name a few. Any ideas? I did not that my steam file is placed in "Games" and not "Program files." Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Well not exactly none are working actually. I did have some success with dungeonloots.

• Just made that correction. I had Addons not AddOns. I then installed CoI and it still gave me the same error.

• The mistake I used to run into is in unpacking the add-on. When unpacking it generates another folder to unpack into. That folder has a name that looks right, and you may think you are done, but it is an extra folder that is unnecessary and can confuse the game. For example, when unpacking wowmaps, it unpacks into a folder called 'wowmaps' that has within it another folder named 'wowmaps' that has within it the necesssary files and folders for wowmaps to work. the first folder is what messes you up, what needs to go into the 'addons' folder is only the one folder named 'wowmaps', with it's associated files and subfolders.

• LUL that was it! I knew it had to be something simple I was missing! You sir are a life saver. Thanks so much! :)

• Novar

Closed the thread.