Old Player Returning; Some Questions

• Hello, I am an old time player back when the game basically first came to NA. It's been ages since I played, and I am unsure what has happened with the game since I left. Previously a different publisher was in charge of the game when I played so I'm not sure if character data was lost / purged when GameForge took over.

1. Is there anyway to play my old characters? (I was on the original Artemis server.)

2. Is there anyway to 'clone' those characters to these new servers if so?

3. Is the game still super pay to win / pay to play endgame?

• Hi

1. No

2. No

3. Yes

The real question here seems to be "Don't you see that the Upgrade System of RoM is way to expensive? "

To that question I would say, what is too expensive? To expensive is a price no one is willing to pay...

by Phelan (responsible for the Community Management, Support, Localization, Facility Management and Human Ressources departments in Gameforge)

• What happened with the old char data / servers? Seems criminal to have all of that just gone when people spent money on the game for things..

• They merged all the servers together, so the Aeterna server would have your characters on it if they were still around.

Unfortunately, when they did this, they deleted all characters who did not log in within a certain time period of the server merge, but allowed returning players for a time period afterwards to write in a ticket for a manual copy of the characters to be made. I don't think you can do this anymore, but you can always write a ticket and try.

Since you said there was a different publisher (Frogster), that is like 7 years ago, so I would think your character is long gone, sorry. :(

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3

• They merged all the servers together, so the Aeterna server would have your characters on it if they were still around.

Unfortunately, when they did this, they deleted all characters who did not log in within a certain time period of the server merge, but allowed returning players for a time period afterwards to write in a ticket for a manual copy of the characters to be made. I don't think you can do this anymore, but you can always write a ticket and try.

Since you said there was a different publisher (Frogster), that is like 7 years ago, so I would think your character is long gone, sorry. :(

Well that seals the deal to never touch this game again or anything done by Gameforge.. to be that lazy to copy character data especially when people have spent real money on things.

• Server merges happened in 2015. Characters of accounts that haven't logged in one entire year prior to that have not been merged. After merge was done there was a timeframe until february 2016 with the possibility to contact support to have characters merged afterwards. Notifications have been sent out.

• Server merges happened in 2015. Characters of accounts that haven't logged in one entire year prior to that have not been merged. After merge was done there was a timeframe until february 2016 with the possibility to contact support to have characters merged afterwards. Notifications have been sent out.

In the nicest way I can possibly say this, I beg to differ. I have 4 accounts I played. All of which were tied to emails I still use today minus one. One was created specifically for the mule. I have not touched that email since creating it and making the character and it too has never received any emails from Runes of Magic outside of the initial emails. Across four separate emails, 3 separate email providers, none of them ever received any warning/notice about this happening.

A friend of mine whom told me about the new Steam launch went to check out his stuff and said the same thing for his accounts, that he never received anything either.

I played this game last on Christmass and still I do not have my old accounts from

Macantacht EU

What he's trying to say is that it's your fault your characters were deleted.

I played this game last on Christmass and still I do not have my old accounts from

Macantacht EU

Well, submit a ticket to support, we might be able to help you find your accounts (no guarantee of success) However, eventually you can at least say that you tried everything.

Server merges happened in 2015. Characters of accounts that haven't logged in one entire year prior to that have not been merged. After merge was done there was a timeframe until february 2016 with the possibility to contact support to have characters merged afterwards. Notifications have been sent out.

What he's trying to say is that it's your fault your characters were deleted.

Of course it's in our "fault". We announced that we're going to do that. However, keeping up with the emails being send to an account's email adress is entirely in the users responsibility.

Now, if you still have diamonds left on that account upon creation of a new character these diamonds will be available again. Stuff that has been purchased (items) unfortunately is lost.

• Now, if you still have diamonds left on that account upon creation of a new character these diamonds will be available again. Stuff that has been purchased (items) unfortunately is lost.

This is such a scam / ripoff to have all your items literally just trashed cause 'oh well'.

• When the servers merge was planned, I received at least 1 mail per month during 6 months before the merge.

I received all of them. And if it wasn't the case, I would have save my character anyway, you just needed to log in once within this 6 months period, and even after there was a short extension period to save your characters from the merge.

When you invest that money and that time somewhere, maybe be sure about what happen and could happen to your investment...

Gameforge makes mistakes, a lot, but not this time. Everyone was notified and the delay was really long before the merge. Every concerned people saved his characters with no problem at all.