"There is already an account linked to this Steam ID."

• Hello,

I'm trying to link my steam account to my ROM account.

I downloaded the game on steam, opened it and it tried to connect with an account it created itself. But I don't want that. I realized that I needed to link my account.

Then I logged in to my ROM account on the website and pressed link and logged in with my Steam account but it gave this error "There is already an account linked to this Steam ID". I think my steam account is linked to that account ROM created. How do I unlink any account linked to my Steam account? I logged in with both my ROM and my Steam account on website but there is no unlink button for either of them.

Halp plz. :(

• This seems to be something alot of the community is experiencing. It was also mentioned in a steam discussion where a staff member has expressed they are aware of the issue. Nothing updated past that currently but I just wanted to put that here so you know that it has been brought to their attention and you arent the only one. Stay strong.

A small fix around that is just make another steam account , when its created log into the runes website and link before even opening the game.(as long as you havent purchased packs or anything yet)

• It may happen, if you went on Steam and started RoM there without linking it first on the website as written in our FAQ.

In such case Steam automatically created the RoM game account for you, therefore your SteamID is already taken and when you try to link it via website on your "normal" game account it shows an error. Currently, we are working on solution to unlink these unwanted accounts, please contact us in Support.

----

xandermali  Rathesungod

Have you linked your already existing accounts first or you started RoM via Steam before linking?

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• here No <zip> ticket

- Sarkas

• I have opened the game on steam before linking. That is why I am having issues I guess.

Do I really need to submit a ticket since the aforementioned issue is common and it is being fixed?

• Yes. We will be able to unlink them through our tools in time (sadly not in time for this weekend anymore), similar functionality for users will take more time. So unless you'd like to wait for that option to arrive for you to do yourself - please open a ticket.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• I hate how I had to wait all weekend for support on a ticket, and was told to update my ticket with new information which only pushed me further in que making the wait longer, you need to fix this or get a real support department and hire more people. I have waited 4 days with no response and with updating my ticket this weekend its probably going to be another 4 waht a bloody joke

• Yes. We will be able to unlink them through our tools in time (sadly not in time for this weekend anymore), similar functionality for users will take more time. So unless you'd like to wait for that option to arrive for you to do yourself - please open a ticket.

Hello Admins,

I have the same problem as the people in this topic.

I already made an ticket about it but I did not get answer yet.

That is no problem but I was wondering if my whole steam-account will be deleted or just be merged with my old account.

Because I am playing currently on my steamaccount on the new server but that is pretty pointless if that account will be deleted in some days...

Would be there not be an possibility to merge the accounts?

Greetings Sven.

• Ah okay, then I will stop playing on my steamaccount at least and wait for the update.

Hopefully the update will come soon, any update about when it will be?

• I have found its possible to unlink a steam account from your rom account , if you log into the rom website and click the "Account" button it will redirect you to a page where there is a big button that says unlink.

• I have found its possible to unlink a steam account from your rom account , if you log into the rom website and click the "Account" button it will redirect you to a page where there is a big button that says unlink.

That is pretty known information but only possible with normal account log-in and not with the steam log-in.

And you can't login on the normal account log-in with your steam log-in so that's the problem.

We can't unlink our steam and need to wait ;)

• Im not sure I like launching rom through steam. Only because rom already takes alot of resources and ram due to the leakage and on older computers it could cause more of a performance issue using steam as its another program that runs in the background which again uses resources

• Steam uses ~155MB RAM on my machine atm. If you enable Videostreaming through Steam it would obviously be more, but otherwise the Steam Client is pretty light on any resource usage.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear