Tempest Height event

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • At least on Vidar server the event became overpopulated after the last sever merge. This often causes frictions between players and even GMs have to regularly intervene and calm people, sometimes using sanctions. And Steam release is likely to make the situation even worse.

Furthermore, game mechanics allows abusing like taking any chest or killing all mobs quickly to prevent others from looting.

Would GameForge consider changing something to make players' experience more pleasant?

Few ideas to start with:

- Make the event more frequent. This can be combined with "once per day per char"-like limits.

- Add more channels or make an additional instanced version.

- For those who like competition conduct the event in some pvp zone.

• Making it once per day per character would not solve anything - people would just come on their alts.

One of the iggest problems is that there are level 50-80s who are there who get 1-shotted by NORMAL wave mobs in the last few waves. If you are getting 1 hitted by non-boss mobs, I don't think you should really be at the event, since you can't do much other than stand there and loot. I remember Sarkas mentioned some time ago that these sort of players had to be invited by others in the zone. Making it instanced would be a lot better, but I don't see it happening.

Not to mention the one group of players at this event that make it unplayable for a lot of people and are only looking to cause trouble.

• Yes, I have said something like this.

If a character is unable to kill a mob/boss on their own they are dependent on the "mercy" of the players who are able to do this event. Now what can you do?

Well, the first step is to kindly ask them to stay away from your party as they do not contribute anything but their presence. If that doesn't help, a support ticket with screenshots and/or videos may help.

Every situation is handled individually and our tiny teams are tiny, meaning we are dependent on your reports.

• Thank you, this perfectly highlights the problem.

Nobody denies that the event implementation has flaws that can be easily exploited.

Is there any reason to keep GMs constantly involved? If not, how can we ask Gameforge to look at the situation? Are forum posts enough to start changes?

• I think only way to fix Tempest issues is make like instance or eventually like mirror.

But also I would suggest to set tempest every 2h instead twice a days, in theory this could avoid to have 50 ppl at same times? maybe?

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• I would say more like dreamland: once you are dead you get a debuff and cant reenter for 5-10-40 min.

And yes, 2 times at days is kinda few.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• I would say more like dreamland: once you are dead you get a debuff and cant reenter for 5-10-40 min.

great idea - i already see the players with the "bad rabbit curse egg" (don´t know the real name) cursing the tank of the boss mobs in the last rounds - then they´ll die, can´t re-enter for the only interesting waves...

Shitstorm incoming :D

Best solution - make it a dungeon like Hall of Survivors - once a day per character and therefor decrease number of mobs to ~1/5

Would also help everyone who can´t participate right now due to time....

• I think a third time slot would a nice, easy, and logical choice. One every 8 hours.

Right now, I'm playing mostly at what majority of players consider the night. With the active siege time being the same as the later Tempest Height's time and me sleeping during the early one, I only get to go like once or twice a week due to siege opponents not showing. A night time would cure this issue for people like me. This is a bigger problem on the United States server, I would think, because we are also the Australian server and those are like exactly opposite time zones. Australian players must never get the opportunity to go.

Don't think making it once per day per character would be a solution. It'd create more problems than it would solve. The market would be flooded with people bringing alts into it to the disadvantage of people with limited time or characters.

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3

• Mh I'm not really sure one more slot will help cause will be full like other 2.

I suggested every 2h because:

1. avoid 50 ppl all together causing issues

2. we have ppl who plays in different timezone so If tempest is set up every 2h everyone can have the opportunity to joins it :) so who plays during night will be able to farm it, same for who can plays in evening or early morning etcc..

Do you think is possible? or maybe every 2h will too much? maybe every 4h?

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• I think making it every two hours won't solve the problem of over crowding. I think it will have the same effect as a video I watched about expanding lanes of a highway.

Basically, for the highway in the video, it was crowded and so the city planners thought "we should add more highway lanes" to ease the congestion. But the problem with that is there were people not using the highway to begin with because of how bad traffic was. Once they heard that there was going to be less traffic due to more lanes, they decided to use the highway as well. More lanes = more traffic.

I think this would be true here. More Tempest Heights would just mean more people would come to do it or the same amount of people would do it more often.

My suggestion of adding a third was just to be fair to people of all time zones. (Which wasn't what the topic was about, but just my personal problem.)

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3

• Recently game masters started to actively participate in forum discussions, therefore it makes sense to ask again.

Will something be done about the Tempest Height event?

• Priorities, we haz them

1. Hire more gms
    2. some that actually have enough time and will
    3. train them
    4. release them onto players

Needless to say, we are still at step 1

Maybe that would work as soon as the responsible Person checked the Email inbox and responds to applications ;) But would be at least only one possibility..

Shots fired! :DD

Ghostblâde

Druide 100 / Schurke 100 / Krieger 100 / Kundschafter 100 / Bewahrer 100 / Magier 100

The goal isn't to be rich. It's to be a fucking legend!

• Well, first of all, you'd have to send it to the correct team, secondly a criteria to nope an application is to go public about it, shots fired.

Probably the German team in this case is worse, but what you get to hear, this didnt happen just one Time.

However, we digress from the Topic. I doubt that anything can change in tempest height event, apart from supp tickets mentioned already. RW would have to change the code and that doesnt happen very often for old content. But who knows.. There was already a change in tempest height; maybe another one with the new content, you'll never know. :)

Ghostblâde

Druide 100 / Schurke 100 / Krieger 100 / Kundschafter 100 / Bewahrer 100 / Magier 100

The goal isn't to be rich. It's to be a fucking legend!

• Well, first of all, you'd have to send it to the correct team, secondly a criteria to nope an application is to go public about it, shots fired.

Probably the German team in this case is worse, but what you get to hear, this didnt happen just one Time.

However, we digress from the Topic. I doubt that anything can change in tempest height event, apart from supp tickets mentioned already. RW would have to change the code and that doesnt happen very often for old content. But who knows.. There was already a change in tempest height; maybe another one with the new content, you'll never know. :)

Not to mention that not all servers have the exact same issue regarding tempest height and the respective team has to handle it. If you have an issue on a DE server, the EN section is the wrongest place possible to weigh in. It is however pretty perfect on topic when we let you know that we simply do not have enough teamlers to cover everything in need, especially the tempest height event which this topic is about.

• Thank you Sarkas, really appreciate the response. Not having enough manpower was unexpected to me but is understandable.

Guess no need to push this topics, please concentrate on important tasks.