- 1 What will happen when I start Runes of Magic on Steam for the first time?
- 2 I have created a Runes of Magic account on Steam. Can I use it to log in on the Runes of Magic website?
- 3 Can I log in with my old / existing account via Steam?
- 4 Is it possible for me to unlink my Runes of Magic account from Steam?
- 5 Is it possible to use several Runes of Magic accounts via the same Steam account? How do I do that?
- 6 Is it mandatory to play via Steam? Do I have to switch to Steam?
- 7 Can I use account created via Steam to log into the game via the standalone client?
- 8 Will there be a new server for Steam?
- 9 Will there be a dedicated server only for Steam players?
- 10 Can I choose which server and/or country I want to play on?
- 11 How can I change the game language?
- 12 Will Diamonds be purchasable through Steam?
- 13 Are there any country restrictions in place?
- 14 I’m playing Runes of Magic via the standalone client. Do I have to download the game again if I want to play Runes of Magic via Steam?
When you open Runes of Magic for the first time on Steam, the client will start. If you don’t have a Runes of Magic account linked, it will automatically create a new one. If you have previously linked your Runes of Magic account to Steam via our website (more information below), you will be able to play with this one.
Once either a new Runes of Magic Steam account has been created or your existing one has been linked to Steam, the launcher will start normally like the standalone client and offer you the choice of region and language.
I have created a Runes of Magic account on Steam. Can I use it to log in on the Runes of Magic website?
Yes, you will be able to log in using the “Log in on Steam” button on the website.
Yes, you will have to link your existing account with your SteamID. Here are the instructions:
- You can link your account via the website. Just log in on the website for your country (for example, for EN: en.runesofmagic.gameforge.com). You can use the normal login.
- Once you are logged in, you will see your account settings, where there is a button to link your account to Steam. Should you already have a Steam account linked, you will need to unlink this first and then you can link the Steam account of your choice.
- Please note that unlinking option is possible once very 7 days.
Yes, it is possible to do so via website. Please log into the website for your country (for example, for EN: en.runesofmagic.gameforge.com). You can use the normal login or the Steam login button. If your account is already linked to Steam, you will see an unlink button in the account settings overview.
You will be able to play one account in each region. You cannot use multiple accounts from the same region.
No. Switching to Steam is optional for existing players. You can still continue playing without Steam.
No, currently it is not possible to upgrade the accounts created via Steam to be usable with standalone client. We will inform you once this option will be available in the future.
Steam players will use the regular Runes of Magic servers. However, with the launch of Steam we will launch some new servers (check the latest news). Those servers are for all players, regardless of whether they play via Steam or not.
Yes, once you start the launcher, you will be able to choose the region (EU/US). Once you start the game, you can choose the server from the server list.
You can change the game language during the region selection process in the launcher.
Yes, Diamonds will be purchasable using the Steam Wallet.
There is no limitation and you can choose any of the languages available.
I’m playing Runes of Magic via the standalone client. Do I have to download the game again if I want to play Runes of Magic via Steam?
Yes, even if you already have the game installed, you will need to download the client again via Steam.