Qestions from old player

• Hi guys, i was playing ROM few years ago. Now im turning back with the new steam server and not sure how to start. I was always endgame content player so here are some questions.

1. Wich is the best ranged dps combo now? Mage/Scout is good?

2. Healers are needed for endgame? 5 years ago they was really important part of the party and people always were looking for them. The best druid healer combo?

3. Wich is the best way to level up fast? And on wich level is worth to start investing money for gear, mods and plussing?

This is for now, thanks in advance

• I to am in the same boat you are, so I am curious as to some the answers.

I am also looking to lvl a rogue/mage. are these good?? I will probably be multiboxing. so im not 100% worried about self sustainability.

what are easiest levelers?

is druid healing king now? when i pllayed it was priests.

what im leaning towards, to work towards endgame.... is lvl with a rogue/mage and druid(prob warden 2nd)... thoughts...

how are good ol' classic battle priests? any better since the before days

• idk about best ranged dps but mage/scout is great.

healers are always needed. druids are the best cuz most endgame content are 12 man raid and druids' mother earth's fountain can heal all 12. priests are still viable though. the best druid combo could be either d/wd, d/w or d/s. The first two are most preferred cuz d/wd gives mdmg and d/w gives pdmg patk buff. on the other hand, d/s has the best healing potential, it can heal whole raid with 2 spells one of which is the aforementioned mother earth's fountain and the other one is camellia flower which has no limit of quantity of people it heals.

it is probably worth spending money on lvl 95+ gears but HOE set (lvl 87) is GREAT too.

• Depends if you talk about pve or PvP. For pve, m/s is trash in endgame content.

Yes ofc healers are needed. Most runs prefer a druid for the seeds but heals in rom are so op that almost any priest class can heal.

Best way to level up is to get 20/20 go Heffner, level to 50, also side quests to 54, do morrok line.

Battlemonk is and will always be trash.

• 1. Wich is the best ranged dps combo now? Mage/Scout is good?

Mage/Scout is trash for DPS (in PvE), best ranged DPS is Scout/Warden or Scout/Rogue, top tier.

Best Mage is Mage/Warrior for DPS (probably not top tier though) and Mage/Warlock for Support.

rogue/mage. are these good?? I

Yes, Rogue/Mage is top tier DPS, best Rogue DPS class (PvE).

2. Healers are needed for endgame? 5 years ago they was really important part of the party and people always were looking for them. The best druid healer combo?

Healers are still needed, but also supporters. Druids are usually better, but every class can heal because the dungeon is easy.

That's why people look at the buffs, and there the best classes are

• Druid/Rogue for - crit. res.
    • Druid/Warden for Buff
    • Druid/Warrior for Buff

Druid/Scout is not used because you don't need the extra HoTs (and the make some peoples games crash occasionally) and they don't have any unique buffs iirc.

And on wich level is worth to start investing money for gear, mods and plussing?

it is probably worth spending money on lvl 95+ gears but HOE set (lvl 87) is GREAT too.

You should get the Accessoire Set of HoE (3 items, Lv87) but nothing else from the halls. In general you should spend money on gear as soon as you need it, you can e.g. make yourself wings early on (since no level requirement) and maybe a weapon at lv55 or so to make questing easier.

After you reach level 100, you can build your PvE / Dungeon equipment which should usually consist of Lv99/100 sets (except for the 3 HoE items).

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• wd/w is good dps but everyone chooses k/w as tank because of the 50 elit(%45 dmg taken by target for 3 secs) inis are all dps based so healers and tanks are chosen for their increase dmg skills too

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• What challenger said is true, but don't be demotivated by that as all instances in this game are easy enough that you can run with K/W being an alt. So if you are good enough, you can tank as wd/w. In 60-70% of our sun temple runs we ran with Ch/P, Ch/R or K/M as tank and k/w as an alt.

• Thank you lads for the answers! Appreciate them!

What if i play warden/warrior? How do i stat it and what gear? I see there is elite skill for wearing plate. So it will be plate items + strenght stats ?
    Also wich is the best class for solo/ duo with healer in endgame instances? Talking about top tiered champ :)

• As warden/warrior I would say use chain gear, with patt/pcrit or instance sets. And stat with 6x str/patt, you can tank burn bosses in full dmg gear. Later on if you decide you want to do tanking you can make some plate items with more defensive stats - that way you can be a good dps and a good tank, rather than trying to do both roles on a single set of gear (e.g plate with 3x str/patt), which rarely works in rom.

P/K is a good duo healer, since there is an elite skill which makes urgent heal also heal the caster. Druid/Warrior is probably the best for healing with a physical class, as druids get seeds which reduces boss defense, and D/W gets a pdmg/patt buff for physical dps.

• As warden/warrior I would say use chain gear, with patt/pcrit or instance sets. And stat with 6x str/patt, you can tank burn bosses in full dmg gear. Later on if you decide you want to do tanking you can make some plate items with more defensive stats - that way you can be a good dps and a good tank, rather than trying to do both roles on a single set of gear (e.g plate with 3x str/patt), which rarely works in rom.

P/K is a good duo healer, since there is an elite skill which makes urgent heal also heal the caster. Druid/Warrior is probably the best for healing with a physical class, as druids get seeds which reduces boss defense, and D/W gets a pdmg/patt buff for physical dps.

thank you man, and what about the other champ in the duo? Not talking for the healer but the one wich tank and making the dmg. The thing is im starting to play with friend and wanting to make duo some instances :)) mid game and endgame

• In that case you have a number of options.

Ch/R is probably what you are most looking for, as it can do very high dmg while still being quite tanky, and will probably not have a problem reaching the Physical Attack that endgame instances need.

K/M is good as well, like above, it can do high dmg while tanking. It is a magical build rather than a physical one.

Wd/W can also fulfil the roles of both tank and dps. After its burn phase it won't do that much dmg though. I would say Ch/R is what you are probably looking for.

• Thank you lads for the answers! Appreciate them!

What if i play warden/warrior? How do i stat it and what gear? I see there is elite skill for wearing plate. So it will be plate items + strenght stats ?
    Also wich is the best class for solo/ duo with healer in endgame instances? Talking about top tiered champ :)

I would say never use plate with any tank, is useless, you can get more than enough PDef with chain gear and your aggro will be better, but thats up to everyone to decide. With Wd/W chain ofc but you can choose if stat it more like a tank or more like a dps. Some ppl prefer to use dps stats and maybe 2 sets of accesories, one for tank and one for dps, because in many situations as WdW you can tank even with full dps gear. And is really good class for PvP too, if you like SW and want to make a PvP set.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Novar

Closed the thread.