Underrated class combo

• Hi,

with upcoming steam release and new server I consider giving RoM a try after a few years. I do not want to play a standard class everyone is playing.
    Is there any combo that is not played that often but works out great (if played right) ? I prefer a DPS class, does not matter if ranged, melee, pdd, mdd.

When I played RoM last time I was first a mage and then S/R <-> R/S which was not special. For a fresh start i'd like to do something unconventional.

edit: I will play PVE mostly, like everyone, dungeons and stuff :) and please no autoclick class... ;)

Another question: How long does it take to get from 1 - 100 with the main class? Are there only the classic quests to do (including daily) or are there faster ways?

~L

Edited once, last by Lunarix ().

• 1. Warrior/Scout

One of the best burn classes in the game but very rarely see them on EU servers. If you play this then take elf as your race, since that way you can also play w/wd and wd/s/w. (W/S is useless outside of burn phase).

2. Scout/Mage

Quite an underrated class, has devastating aoe damage and pretty good single target dps.

3. Rogue/Warlock

Not quite as good as rogue/mage but can do very good damage, if you play it as a physical dps. Bonus points for creativity if you play it as magical dps (not the strongest as a magical dps).

4. Druid/Rogue

Another uncommon dps class, nowhere near as good as other magical dps in a usual party can fulfil 2 roles (dps and healer) in the same gear and can also do good dps if their magical attack is high enough.

I'm sure there are more but those 4 are quite interesting in my opinion. I'd say the most important thing is to pick a 3rd class that is suitable for instances if you would like to run endgame ones, like I said with warrior, w/wd is a pretty safe bet. So is wd/s.

For rogue you could take r/m/wl (r/m and r/wl use the same gear).

• Another question: How long does it take to get from 1 - 100 with the main class? Are there only the classic quests to do (including daily) or are there faster ways?

The fastest solo way is:

• Get yourself to Lv20/20 (the normal way, maybe do some Siege War and use the XP spheres you get)
    • Go to the 3rd class area and do all the quests (especially the main quest sequence that starts at level 1 there) - this should get you to 51-52 within days
    • Make the dailies in Xaveria every day and maybe quest in the old maps to get to 54
    • goto Antoullia vulcan and get the quest that takes you to Dalanis, then follow the quest series until Lv100
    • keep doing Xaveria dailies until ~Lv69

If you have someone helping you:

• have him make a portal to the lv97 map and do the 2 hidden "quests" (available at lv1), each giving 14kk+ XP --> This allows you to get directly to Lv52 or 49/49

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• The only problem I should warn u about is that RoM is very burn based in terms of dungeons, and if you want to PvE most top guilds will need the best dps, who will likely play the best dps classes in order to clear dungeons. Playing a SUPER odd-ball class like druid/rogue dps or rogue/warlock or scout/mage will automatically make u not in the top tier bracket and maybe make it hard for you to get on runs (if endgame is your goal at least, if not then play whatever doesn't matter).

With that in mind, I would suggest Warrior/Warden or Warden/Warrior. They're not the MOST popular classes (still played by some just not the current flavor of the month) and you're still putting yourself at a disadvantage, but they're still solid classes that can hold their own in endgame runs. Most warriors usually go warrior/scout as it is the second best burn class in the game, and Warden isn't really played anymore as it's burn isn't good enough and no tank will ever be optimal as long as Knight/Warrior AD exists.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• RoM is very burn based in terms of dungeons

It depends in the dungeon (VoR was very non-burn based), but often burns are needed, right.

make it hard for you to get on runs

Depends on your guild and the difficulty of the instance. The current one isn't really hard and many guilds will also take players that don't play the current "fashion-class". Often, skill and movement is more important than using the optimal class.

But in general, I agree with Yeezy, if you play weird classes (there was a tier list somewhere) some might just be really bad at dealing damage.

Regarding the recommendations:

• Warrior/Warden or Warden/Warrior are actually very common (at least on Baldr), I think Wd/S and Wd/Wr are the most played Wd combos (and Warrior/Warden is the most played (pdd) Warrior).
    • Warrior/Scout is probably the 2nd most played (pdd) Warrior, ignoring the very common (mdd) Warrior/Mage

I'd suggest: Choose a "odd-ball" class that you like (see above) but keep the option to switch to a efficient DPS class if your guild needs it (assuming you are interested in end-game type of content). For example, play some odd-ball Rogue and keep a Lv60/70 Mage as 3rd class. If necessary you can then switch to the top-tier DPS Rogue/Mage.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Knight/Mage (Human) and Warlock/Champion (Dwarf) are pretty good classes that are not used much in endgame PVE content. Warlock/Champion would need lots of practice and probably discussion with good Warlocks to maximize your damageoutput in burn and offburst.

As a fresh starter I recommend playing a Warlock. Very complex class compared to others and fun for PVE leveling. If you reach Level 100 and your Mage is lvl 70 you are wanted in parties even without good gear. That way you can grab a few stats and items to prepare for your Warlock/Champion.

• Novar

Closed the thread.